The distinction between us and them

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
been a lot of comment about community morals, about the players that play for manly and fair enough. Its a fair call for a club that derives so much money from sponsorship.

Everyone is allowed there view. Its really interesting

But should we not hold ourselves to the same lofty standards. Does our hill crowd endeer us morally to societies values. Should we point the finger at others who have crossed the line and then stand on the hill chanting songs about billy slater being untoward with children etc etc

I find it laughable at times, i know this isnt everyone on here and im not saying that , but all we want from the nrl is consistency , should we not expect that from ourselves as well.maybe not but maybe at times we should also question our decision to jump on the soapbox . It can look ugly

The difference is, when other teams fans act out in public, it is disgusting. Rude, crude and uncalled for. But when we do it, it's all in good humour and not meant to be taken seriously.

I'm being flippant, of course.

All fans are the same. I've seen running arguments when our "fans" swear their head off on the hill and some Dad takes offence.

It's one reason why I won't take my two girls to matches. A few have spoiled it and I find it sad that people have been told to sit on the Family Hill. Families should be able to sit on the Hill and not have someone spray the C and F type words every minute. It's probably why our numbers have dropped with the younger people as they aren't taken anymore (like we were)

Most of our supporters are great natured and passionate but there have been a few Manly fans over the years that think they can do and say anything standing in a pack once a week.

For the record, I agree, but nothing will change in regards to the way some people act in public. Some people are just dim witted oafs. The rest of us are classy enough to express ourselves intelligently and respectfully in public situations. Except for my good self on occasions on these forums, but we're all family here, so that's OK ;)

The sad thing for me is when you see this behaviour away from the footy. Not that it is any more acceptable at the footy, but when you see people with little pride having screaming, expletive filled domestics in shopping centre carparks or other public areas, it is cringe worthy. The worst of it is that I'm the one who feels embarrassed when i see it. Weird!

I am proud of the way our 2 boys have turned out. We instilled in them from an early age to never spare the please, thank you and excuse me, and to use them whenever possible.

I'm not convinced that times have changed though. I remember the swearing and loud mouths at the footy from my childhood. I think it is generational, but from this standpoint...

As a little kid, you find the screaming and swearing scary and confusing.

As a teenager, you find the screaming and swearing hilarious and entertaining.

As an adult, you find the screaming and swearing annoying, embarrassing and vulgar.

It's always been there. It'll always be there.

For the record, I agree, but nothing will change in regards to the way some people act in public. Some people are just dim witted oafs. The rest of us are classy enough to express ourselves intelligently and respectfully in public situations. Except for my good self on occasions on these forums, but we're all family here, so that's OK ;)

The sad thing for me is when you see this behaviour away from the footy. Not that it is any more acceptable at the footy, but when you see people with little pride having screaming, expletive filled domestics in shopping centre carparks or other public areas, it is cringe worthy. The worst of it is that I'm the one who feels embarrassed when i see it. Weird!

I am proud of the way our 2 boys have turned out. We instilled in them from an early age to never spare the please, thank you and excuse me, and to use them whenever possible.

I'm not convinced that times have changed though. I remember the swearing and loud mouths at the footy from my childhood. I think it is generational, but from this standpoint...

As a little kid, you find the screaming and swearing scary and confusing.

As a teenager, you find the screaming and swearing hilarious and entertaining.

As an adult, you find the screaming and swearing annoying, embarrassing and vulgar.

It's always been there. It'll always be there.

Not much to add, pretty much nailed it. I get society, i just hate the hypocritical stance some make when deciding who is honourable enough to play footy for a living.

The differences astound me. Its seems a keyboard absolves you of sins but serving a sentence does not allow you to move on.

Not much to add, pretty much nailed it. I get society, i just hate the hypocritical stance some make when deciding who is honourable enough to play footy for a living.

The differences astound me. Its seems a keyboard absolves you of sins but serving a sentence does not allow you to move on.

When deciding who is honourable enough to play footy for a living, it appears two of the key factors in deciding are:

1) How good he is.

2) and which team does/will he play for.

I made the unfortunate mistake of taking my son, who is a pretty gentle soul to a game at brookie involving the storm 2 years back. He just didnt get the unashamed hatred he experienced from the crowd on the night.

Its not really relevent to my original post but in relation to moz and others have said i thought id add this, he has no intention of going back to the footy any time soon and i see his point and support it. It certainly made me think about what is accepted norm.

The behaviour wasnt deplorable or vulgar too much but he just sensed the tribal hatred and was very intimidated. And we flogged them .

Thank god cecchin wasnt the ref. He would be pleading with me to give the game away

I understand what your saying mate but I guess it's human nature.
It's like people who act all righteous and like they're a perfect citizens only to go overseas and do drugs just because it's legal there and not home. Just as hypocrital I think.

All fans are the same. I've seen running arguments when our "fans" swear their head off on the hill and some Dad takes offence.

It's one reason why I won't take my two girls to matches. A few have spoiled it and I find it sad that people have been told to sit on the Family Hill. Families should be able to sit on the Hill and not have someone spray the C and F type words every minute. It's probably why our numbers have dropped with the younger people as they aren't taken anymore (like we were)

Most of our supporters are great natured and passionate but there have been a few Manly fans over the years that think they can do and say anything standing in a pack once a week.
There's gotta be an element of common sense to. Clearly the hill isn't a place you would take kids. To be honest I haven't been to brookie for 2 years and while I've had some great times up there I think the next time I go I'll be trying to get a ticket in the arko or southern stand because in at a stage in my life where I'm passed that if I'm gonna go to the footy it's to watch the footy not get on the cans and yell ****.

But at the same time I recongise there are many who still want to do that and I respect that but I know I definetly wouldn't take my GF and her little bloke on the hill.

I have been attending games for over 40 years and something I understand is that some people who go use the football as a vehicle to vent their frustrations in their lives and that can often lead to torrents of anti social abuse. I dont mind a bit of banter, that is part of things and over the years I have heard some of the wittiest things.

I remember one sunny afternoon on the hill at Brookvale, we were playing the sharks and it was at the time that there star ET has been embroiled in a scandal where he was filmed naked in a dressing room interview inadvertently. To cut a long story short, there was a pause of silence in the
crowd and the play was near the hill. Some lag yelled out, " Hey micro dick!!" well silly ET looked at the crowd with disgust and well you dont need me to tell you what happened next lol.

As long as the abuse is not personal I dont care. Sometimes the media love to flog a story to incite a crowd. We got that when Hasler returned and the other week with Foran. it is important not to fall for the crap. I personally wont boo any ex players. I prefer to concentrate on my own team

ET has been embroiled in a scandal where he was filmed naked in a dressing room interview inadvertently.
To cut a long story short, (ow ow ow...you can't type that! lol) there was a pause of silence in the crowd ....
As long as the abuse is not personal I dont care. Sometimes the media love to flog (Tee Hee) a story to incite a crowd.

Who cares. It's 2016. No matter what your kids are going to hear and see some f'd up ****. It's up to you as a parent and role model to show them what's right and wrong.

Who cares. It's 2016. No matter what your kids are going to hear and see some f'd up ****. It's up to you as a parent and role model to show them what's right and wrong.

I agree i swear like a trooper. Ive only mention the intimidating nature of a hostile crowd.

I also asked why we set higher standards for our roster thanwe do for ourselves at times.nseems weird

I made the unfortunate mistake of taking my son, who is a pretty gentle soul to a game at brookie involving the storm 2 years back. He just didnt get the unashamed hatred he experienced from the crowd on the night.

Its not really relevent to my original post but in relation to moz and others have said i thought id add this, he has no intention of going back to the footy any time soon and i see his point and support it. It certainly made me think about what is accepted norm.

The behaviour wasnt deplorable or vulgar too much but he just sensed the tribal hatred and was very intimidated. And we flogged them .

Thank god cecchin wasnt the ref. He would be pleading with me to give the game away

So cambo, you just trolled the feelings of my 11 yo son, how has this upset you. Its not aimed at anyone but his emotional experience with a hostile crowd

For your sanity mate you migh be better blocking me than living with so much hate.

I hear you @jbb/james it isn't a nice place for little kids. I'm often on the family hill with my kids. The view isn't as good, but still a good experience.

So cambo, you just trolled the feelings of my 11 yo son, how has this upset you. Its not aimed at anyone but his emotional experience with a hostile crowd

For your sanity mate you migh be better blocking me than living with so much hate.
No hate here mate, I don't hate anyone brother.
Too strong a word used too much nowdays James.

No hate here mate, I don't hate anyone brother.
Too strong a word used too much nowdays James.

Your a bit behind on your admin cam, you forgot to troll that post. I realise it was just an oversight, im just a bit ocd and i like all the boxs ticked.

I didnt realise you constantly trolled me for the love. Sorry my mistake

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4