The day the music...died!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loaded dog

Well used Member
Wasn’t the day / month/ year that Toovey’s expected sacking was first leaked and bandied around. Hell, Toovey knew that he was gone months ago. I’m sure that he was told. Being sacked is a private thing. Why should he advertise it? When Barret is announced, then Toovey’s sacking is made public.

Wasn’t the day that the company owned by the guy with the fashionable stubble bought out Quantum’s shares in MWSE, and then owned all of the serious seats on the board. This happens all of the time – and the golden rule of management applies – “He who has the gold makes the rules.” I am sure that the writing was on the wall when Tooves aligned himself to the Quantum group sometime prior to the buyout.

Wasn’t the day that MWSE brought in a club legend to help Toovey, who ended up shafting him.

WAS THE DAY in 1997 that Rupert Murdoch decided that he wasn’t rich enough and that he wanted to own broadcast rights for all sport exclusively. He was missing Rugby League, and it’s pretty tough to kick off Pay TV without the number one winter game in NSW and QLD.

Prior to then it was idyllic. Our team played for the MWRLFC. Games were played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Admission was affordable. The ABC clumsily broadcast the Saturday game and the other three (at different times) clumsily broadcast the Sunday game. The Clubs were owned by the members, and they elected mostly knowledgeable (ex-players) people to run the Clubs. When $uper League came along, Murdoch paid overs for whole teams to go over to the dark side. This forced the remaining NSWRL clubs to also pay overs to keep their teams together. In time, some Clubs nearly went broke. Ours was one of them.

Enter CORPRATISATION! And, corporations want two things out of life. Growth and profits! Rugby League had to become a spectacle, and be played when most people were in front of the TV. It needed to be played by Super Humans. Enter the massive and fast Islanders as players, and out with smaller humans.

MWSE is being run according to a plan! And it is a plan designed to suit the guy with the fashionable stubble. To Hell with the rest of us!

In Summary, I believe that PAY TV is responsible for the whole mess.

If you want to make a difference, dump your Pay TV subscription and find another way (there are other ways!) to watch the team run around live.

I am gross and perverted
I'm obsessed and deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think I'm delicious
With the stuff that I say