The Dalai is Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
PARRAMATTA have began scouting for new coaches behind the back of incumbent Brad Arthur as internal power plays continue to dog the club.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Eels head of football operations Daniel Anderson has discussed which coaches he would consider bringing to Parramatta, including former Super League coach and ex-Eels player James Webster, should the club part ways with Arthur.

But Sacking Arthur would cost the Eels any chance at Foran, given the club’s mad scramble to restructure the Manly five-eighth’s $4.8 million deal.

story-fnp0lyn3-1227411866574

Two of Arthur’s strongest supporters have left the club in the past week. Chief executive Scott Seward left his post last week while football manager Jason Irvine was made redundant.

Arthur actually thought he was going to be sacked on Monday.

There is no doubt Arthur is feeling extremely nervous about his future at the embattled club, he was even refused entry into a board meeting on Monday night.

Arthur is said to be aware of the discussions about Webster, who was released from the Wakefield Wildcats just a month ago. The club sits rooted at the bottom of the English Super League and faces relegation.

Arthur and Anderson have never been close, but the pair know the coach enjoys the backing of Eels players.

It is unknown whether a new coach would be announced to replace Arthur or work with him.

Anderson knows Eels fans would go berserk should the club sack yet another coach midterm, resulting in another hefty payout.

Sources claim Anderson would enjoy a general manager’s role, much like Phil Gould at Penrith, and he would work closely with any new coach.

Some at the club feel Arthur needs a win against St George Illawarra this Saturday night at Pirtek Stadium to ease some pressure.

Webster, 35, left Wakefield in late May. At the time, Wakefield chairman Michael Carter said: “It is with a heavy heart that I have today agreed to release James Webster from his position as head coach.”

Webster played for Parramatta between 2002 and 2004 after one year with Balmain (1999).

There are still no guarantees Foran will end up at Parramatta next season. Foran is watching the dogfight at Parramatta very closely.

Irvine meanwhile was a popular member of staff, well-liked by the players, who are said to be filthy he was made redundant.

The players are banding together in a worrying sign for the club. They are tiring of the drama and political stuff-ups.

Arthur does have at least two loyal supporters in assistant coaches Steve Murphy and Peter Gentle.

Parramatta’s poor results this year haven’t helped Arthur’s bid for a long tenure at Pirtek Stadium. Seward did not returns calls on Tuesday, neither did Foran.

We'll wait and see if all the players come out and say hands off our greatest coach ever whom we all love so so much.

Like he was here, apparently.

And to think
Choc could of been a club legend here at manly but now he is stuck in the pile of mess that is parramatta!!

All you can do is say " I hope you are regretting everyday your decision choc you have been become nothing at parra you know it and now your messiah coach may be leaving.

Keep this fiasco going I am loving seeing parra suffer like this:)

Last edited:
How long until Dalai is our new assistant coach again. ??
If we're going to get a Dalai lets get a succesful one....
Is the Dalai Lama behind Bradford's incredible Cup run?
2-dalai-lama-bradford.jpg

"It has emerged that the Dalai Lama offered his blessing to the club at the start of the season and hopes he can bring "good fortune" for this weekend's final against Swansea.

The 14th Dalai Lama, Tensin Gyatso, has reportedly been a Bradford supporter since last June following a trip to Yorkshire. While there, he was made honorary president of fans' group Friends of Bradford City."
Perhaps we can get him to offer Manly his support although I hear the Broncos have made him an offer......
No forget it he's a bloody Souths supporter, anyway he's overrated...
475281-dalai-lama-meets-asotasi-merritt.jpg

It cant be true.

Jack Gibson was never sacked.

Wayne Bennett was never sacked.

At least they still have Sandow.

If parra lose this weekend I would say he is gone for sure. The draons don't usually lose two in a row this year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6