The curse of the 08 Grand final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lloydy

Reserve Grader
I know it sounds stupid but have a think about our 2 seasons from hell since winning the GF! think about all the injuries and drama since. Sitting in the stadium that day I kept thinking to myself this is to good to be true and how good it felt to be there.
Fast forward 2 years and today felt worse than the super league days, I felt sick in the 2nd half and had the same feeling in the first week of the finals last year, I just want the season to end and look forward to next year.

Having said that as long as we keep up our record of winning the comp every decade I would be happy, that is a pretty good stat isnt it?

You are right we did not handle winning in 2008. The reasons have been aired ad nauseum and obviously include the board ructions, which were not unrelated to the season launch debacle, Snake's charges etc etc. Only the Panthers in the early '90's could compare with our disaster. But we fought back very well last year after a horror start.
This year we had terrible luck early with key injuries.
Yesterday (after half time) was not enjoyable but to compare that with how it felt to have no Manly team is a bit over the top. I winced at our lack of organisation but they all put their bodies on the line.
As for those who are bleating about our lack of quality recruitment, they should nominate which of our big guns we should have got rid of. I'm certain there would have been an outcry if any of those who have resigned were not tied up. And of those we did get, T- Rex and Rodney have proved decent signings, Joe also has been OK, jury still out on Cross and Bailey. 
All in all it's not really a season from hell! (Think Storm, Cows, Dogs, Eels, etc!!)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2