The Cronk 'Snowball Effect' according to Brad Walter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Same as the Toovey post, apologies in advance, but I didn't see this elsewhere on the forum.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/domino-effect-cronks-decision-to-impact-on-rival-halfbacks-20120214-1t48x.html

I'm sure it was reported that Wallace is staying but as Ernie posted that may not stop them from having a crack at Dce to play along side Wallace.

IMO Wallace is a bit overrated I've seen lots of Brisbane and I think Lockyer made the bloke look better than he really is

Cambo said:
I'm sure it was reported that Wallace is staying but as Ernie posted that may not stop them from having a crack at Dce to play along side Wallace.

IMO Wallace is a bit overrated I've seen lots of Brisbane and I think Lockyer made the bloke look better than he really is
Brisbane are going to miss Lockyer big time not just for his play but for his leadership role. I can't see Thaiday filling that void as captain.

Cambo said:
I think he is a lot over rated. That is why there is no benefit in holding off signing DCE. Once Brisbane realise what they have. They will be looking to spend money. DCE's price is not going to drop any time soon. The club just need to sign him up like they said it was working towards. Before season launch would be best

DCE must be signed as early as possible, i believe he will go to a new level this year. Good for us on field, but makes it a whole lot tougher for us to keep him.

DCE signed a 3 year contract last year, so he's got 2 years of that contract remaining so he ain't going anywhere until then. Yes, his contract will be upgraded and if the tv right deal increases the cap we'll have more dollars to keep him longterm.

Didnt Brisbane just significantly upgrade 5 players contracts recently? No way they could offer more then us.

lockyer on the books for 200/250k..pffttt......they must be hitting the cap limit with upgardes for their yongsters......wouldn't you love to see those third party contracts ??

swoop said:
DCE signed a 3 year contract last year, so he's got 2 years of that contract remaining so he ain't going anywhere until then. Yes, his contract will be upgraded and if the tv right deal increases the cap we'll have more dollars to keep him longterm.
With what the kid did last year it has to be upgraded and I'm sure the retention team are working on that.

swoop said:

If you read that somewhere wipe your @@@ with it. His 3rd year of his contract finishes next year but he has an option to get our after 2 which means it is possible for him to be playing somewhere else next year. Not saying that I know what he is doing, but there is still some speculation out there.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
swoop said:

If you read that somewhere wipe your @@@ with it. His 3rd year of his contract finishes next year but he has an option to get our after 2 which means it is possible for him to be playing somewhere else next year. Not saying that I know what he is doing, but there is still some speculation out there.
If it was true and he had two more years at the lower rate and It wasnt upgraded by the club and I was him I would be gone to the highest bidder on the next contract straight away.

But I'm sure he will be looked
After

The thing I noticed about that article was that speculation was written about a thousand times... nuf said..

Re DCE - I recall him referring to all the innuenedo and speculation in the media in his BSB interview. I know I'm paraphrasing but he was basically saying don't believe all the BS that you hear.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4