The Courts are busy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Roosters' Sa denies police assault

Roosters star Setaimata Sa has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a female police officer at a Sydney hotel.

The New Zealand international was arrested in August after allegedly smashing a window, abusing staff and hitting a female police officer with a gate at the Coogee Bay Hotel.

Police allege they found him inside even though he had been refused entry for being too drunk.

He has pleaded not guilty to assaulting the officer but guilty to malicious damage, resisting police and refusing to leave the venue.

His bail has been continued until the matter returns to court next month.

Inglis to contest assault charges

Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis has announced he will contest charges that he assaulted his girlfriend.

Surrounded by club officials, Inglis appeared in Sunshine Magistrates Court today, where an April hearing date was set.

He will remain on bail until that time.

Police will call two witnesses in their prosecution of Inglis, the court heard.

It is alleged Inglis assaulted girlfriend Sally Robinson on August 9, and he is charged with unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury.

His lawyers say self-defence is an issue in the case, not because Inglis was defending himself, but because he was trying to stop his girlfriend from hurting herself.

Inglis is expected to join the Australian team for its tour of England and France next week.

Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said the hulking back would now concentrate on playing for Australia.

AUSTRALIAN and Melbourne Storm NRL premiership star Greg Inglis will argue he was protecting his girlfriend, not assaulting her, when he contests charges at a hearing next year.

Inglis fronted the Sunshine Magistrates' Court in suburban Melbourne for the third time today, with his lawyers formally indicating the matter would be contested.

Inglis, who is regarded as one of the greatest rugby league players in the world, will now turn his attention to playing for Australia in the Four Nations tournament in England and France next week.

It is alleged Inglis assaulted his girlfriend Sally Robinson on August 9.

After briefly hearing the case today, Magistrate Noreen Toohey urged lawyers for Inglis to have further discussions with police.

One newspaper has recently reported that we have spoken to Sa about a contract. 

For all his faults he can play football and covers most positions.  Might not pass the no dickhead policy though.

I hate to say it but we have a few "interesting" players at Manly.

Choc Watmough is pretty accustomed to court houses,

Brett made a bad judgement

Matai has had some stoushes at local establishments,

Perry isn't exactly smelling roses

The thing is we can make players  stay on the straight and narrow, it wouldn't be a problem at our club. 

Notice how Inglis incident has not been covered since it happened when every chance the media has it's all about Stewart. 

tookey link said:
One newspaper has recently reported that we have spoken to Sa about a contract. 

For all his faults he can play football and covers most positions.  Might not pass the no dickhead policy though.

He has potential, if Des could knock the laziness out of him which has been his problem since school days

Another little story here. Some of these polynesian guys are the nicest guys you could meet, but once they have had a few are a ticking time bomb

North Queensland Cowboys boss Peter Parr has denied reports the club's rookie of the year Steve Rapira had his jaw broken by a teammate during Mad Monday shenanigans last month.

A disappointed Parr confirmed Rapira and his flatmate and friend James Tamou had come to blows but denied Rapira's jaw had been broken or that the disagreement happened on Mad Monday after the Cowboys final game of the season against the Roosters.

"It was a disagreement between two best friends, how long has that being going?," said Parr when asked about the report in the latest issue of Rugby League Week.

"It wasn't serious. The coach knew about it, I informed our chairman and I talked to the two players concerned and neither wanted it to go any further.

"It didn't happen in public, it happened at their flat after they'd been out and I didn't think it was all that serious.

"We only knew about it because he turned up for training the next day sporting a shiner."

The club sent Rapira, a former junior Kiwi and brother of Warriors forward Sam, for an x-ray as a precaution.

"Altercations between brothers and best mates have been going on for a long time.

"They're still living together and still great mates.

"As if we would cover up a teammate breaking another player's jaw.

"To think you can cover things up these days is absolutely ridiculous.

"If I thought it was serious we would have acted on it."

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley contacted Parr on Wednesday about the report and was satisfied with his explanation.

"The two players were out privately not in a group," said Annesley.

"They've settled it between themselves, they're still living together and still best mates and the Cowboys didn't consider it to be a major incident.

"There was no cover-up, they just felt it was settled between the two individuals and we are happy to accept that."

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/breaking-news-sport/cowboys-deny-players-punchup-20091014-gx75.html

DSM5 link said:
I don't remember the 'no dickheads' policy being adopted.  When was that? 

When we wanted to sign Carney but decided against it when he pissed on someone at the pub. 

Rambo1987 link said:
Notice how Inglis incident has not been covered since it happened when every chance the media has it's all about Stewart. 

Interesting how the media puppets continue to build Inglis up as a role model, drooling over his footballing abilities, with a notable absence of their standard derogatory and prejudicial adjectives like "disgraced".  And if Inglis had played for say, Manly, and not for the precious News Ltd "saviour" of Rugby League that we must dutifully worship, trust and revere  ...

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181901.msg244441#msg244441 date=1255518375]
I don't remember the 'no dickheads' policy being adopted.  When was that?  
It hasn't been adopted on this forum!!  If it was, it might be a very quite place!!! :) :) :)
[/quote]

Is that why there are not many Eagle Rockers here???  :eek:

BTW that is a joke Pete  :p

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181901.msg244443#msg244443 date=1255526025]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181901.msg244441#msg244441 date=1255518375]
I don't remember the 'no dickheads' policy being adopted.  When was that? 
It hasn't been adopted on this forum!!  If it was, it might be a very quite place!!! :) :) :)
[/quote]

Is that why there are not many Eagle Rockers here???  :eek:

BTW that is a joke Pete  :p
[/quote]does that mean im fullyfledge silvertail now :p

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8