The cost of a halfback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The jury should still be out until he has had a decent crack at it

He was brought on potential, and reportedly as a forward, and he hasn't made his way there yet

Hopefully he gets a full off season this time, last year copped a pretty bad hamstring injury

Sticking him out on the wing wasn't a great start.  I 'd  like Hasler to move him into 5/8th.  Before you all jump on my head, I noticed the 'great dope fiend, A Johns, suggested that Dave Taylor would be great at 5/8th in the Sunday papers.

Who'd have thought Manly would let go of JWH?  But a big offer and he's gone.  Broncos let a lot go this year C&C and they have a new coach and other prospects like young Hunt to tie up.
[/quote]

JWH was offered $40k per year more than what he was aready on at Manly. Manly never made him an offer.

Hopefully JWH will learn to hold a ball at the roosters.

if we want to pay a lot of coin for an untried young fella on potential we can buy Tony Williams.........oh hang on.

And I am not saying JWH will not end up a good player, just not a blue chip investment at this stage.

Looking at JWH through the season I didn't really see any great potential in the guy.  Poor defensively and a bit of a soft runner.  Similar to Cuthbo really.  Not such a loss. 

DSM5 link said:
Looking at JWH through the season I didn't really see any great potential in the guy.  Poor defensively and a bit of a soft runner.  Similar to Cuthbo really.  Not such a loss. 

I thought that he did step up a gear in our last game against the storm and actually was one of the few forwards to show some agression and straight running. 

Lets hope that he doesn't improve out of sight next year.

agreed Tookey, his last game was pretty good.

but in the Toyota cup semi he was running around like a mad thing.

Fro link said:
agreed Tookey, his last game was pretty good.

but in the Toyota cup semi he was running around like a mad thing.

Yep, giving away stupid penalties and losing the plot. Needs to temper that aggression if he is to take it to the next level. Also he needs to work on his defence, too many of his attempted big hits miss the mark. He's got potential, remains to be seen if Brian Smith can get the best out of him.

Fro link said:
if we want to pay a lot of coin for an untried young fella on potential we can buy Tony Williams.........oh hang on.

The choice to pay overs for Tony Williams, when his flaws were clearly evident last year and remain uncorrected this year, has no relevance to Corey Norman's worth.

If you don't see his worth, then that's fine.

Ryan link said:
Our little gnome has more talent in his left nut than you do in your entire body football wise DSM5.

FFS, your like a dog at a bone.

We all get how you feel. We understand. You've repeated it 10,000 times. We get it.

Can we all just move on now?

Sorry dude about being frustated - but jezuz....you never stop on it.

If you google "DSM5" and "Orford" you get 1290 hits. 

Rex link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181788.msg243042#msg243042 date=1253658392]

The choice to pay overs for Tony Williams, when his flaws were clearly evident last year and remain uncorrected this year, has no relevance to Corey Norman's worth.

If you don't see his worth, then that's fine.
[/quote]

It has no relevance to Corey Norman in particular Rex, on that you are correct.

It was an example of throwing a heap of money at an unproven kid, which at this stage is exactly what young Mr Norman is.

Agreed Rex.  I think T Williams is worth persisting with.  It's just that Hasler played him in the wrong position.  Perhaps he was forced to by circumstances beyond his control.  Anyway, Norman is a top prospect and if we're fair dinkum about restocking player numbers he's definitely worth some consideration time.  If future decisions are going to be benchmarked with Tony, then that's just silly.

Fro link said:
It has no relevance to Corey Norman in particular Rex, on that you are correct.

It was an example of throwing a heap of money at an unproven kid, which at this stage is exactly what young Mr Norman is.

If you drink water from a tap and taste some rust, doesn't mean you never drink from taps again.

Garts link said:
Orford is easily worth $350k to $400k per season. 
I can never tell on here whether someone is just taking the piss, I'm hoping so in this case.
$300k max with a one year option in our favour.

Rex link said:
If you drink water from a tap and taste some rust, doesn't mean you never drink from taps again.

But grasshopper, what if you drink water from a running stream in a silent forest and taste moss ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2