The Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How on earth is this not being used as promotional material for AUSTRALIAN members/potential members?

Its a great idea for the Kiwi market, i just dont get why they would limit the audience numbers like that.

Either way, great initiative, good to see the club is going in the right direction

jwaa link said:
How on earth is this not being used as promotional material for AUSTRALIAN members/potential members?

Its a great idea for the Kiwi market, i just dont get why they would limit the audience numbers like that.

Either way, great initiative, good to see the club is going in the right direction

Not sure...?

Mind you, here is a blast from the past that you may enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=660S7bcNL08

Ryan link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=184198.msg277920#msg277920 date=1279936248]
might be able to watch it online at maori tv website?
they have vids of most of there ather shows.
i watched on there yesterday the meeting between maori tv & the sea eagles players & staff, it also showed the 2009 highlights.

check it out if you havent seen it

Can you link it mate?
[/quote]

http://www.maoritelevision.com/Default.aspx?tabid=224&progid=768

thy that, then select the video "presser"

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184198.msg277826#msg277826 date=1279877502]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184198.msg277822#msg277822 date=1279877125]
These shows would be gobbled up if offered for sale to members, maybe there are NRL restrictions on local viewing - connected with existing tv deals?? (KE if you are getting some by bootleg means put me on your mailing list lol)

If the club don't a DVD or something out, which they would be mad not too, then I will certainly looking at getting together with another forum member and sorting something out. I will have all of them recorded, memory permitting haha
[/quote]

I spoke to the club about us getting this on MWTV and was told that it's owned by the station it's being broadcast on so we're currently looking into it to see whether we can get access to it to be able to air it over here.  There's a fair bit of negotiation involved but hopefully it goes to plan and we're able to air it here.

[/quote]

You, sir.....are a champion if that could be arranged. Well, you are anyways, but this would be great too :)

Everyone should email the TV station in question, to ask them to provide an option for Australians to watch the series, perhaps on the web, via MWTV or on SBS or something.

I notice the Magpies offer an SMS service from one of their players (Davis I think).  They say each SMS is from the horses mouth.  Could be a revenue stream there, perhaps from someone like King who clearly is more intelligent than most.  Being co-captain would help too.

Matabele link said:
I notice the Magpies offer an SMS service from one of their players (Davis I think).  They say each SMS is from the horses mouth.  Could be a revenue stream there, perhaps from someone like King who clearly is more intelligent than most.  Being co-captain would help too.

Could do a SMS from the bench thing, during the games we could have players on the bench SMSing every 10 minutes or something.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184198.msg278041#msg278041 date=1280016203]

Could do a SMS from the bench thing, during the games we could have players on the bench SMSing every 10 minutes or something.
[/quote]
I'm sure Dessie would be all for that.
"Get George out there!"
"Hang on Des.... he's just finishing an SMS!"

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184198.msg278041#msg278041 date=1280016203]
I notice the Magpies offer an SMS service from one of their players (Davis I think).  They say each SMS is from the horses mouth.  Could be a revenue stream there, perhaps from someone like King who clearly is more intelligent than most.  Being co-captain would help too.

[/quote]..the only time i would want our bench players sms`n during any game is if we up by 30 with 10 to go then they can txt all they want,

yeah & what lismore said also..  ;D

Yeah, not saying anyone would go for it, but really tongue in cheek here, don't we usually carry a player on the bench at the moment and not use them anyway.

Give them something to do Des.  :D :D

Just watched episode 1

If it was all in English I would give it 10/10, however the voice over is completely Maori, with subtitles at least, so that knocks a couple of points off it

Was still quite interesting though, featured interviews with Lowe, Matai, Foran, Galuvao, Hasler, Zorba, Steve Gigg, Darrell Williams and Whare, obviously marketed to the NZ market

Probably my favourite line came from Matai

"I like to play harder than others, I run harder and I tackle harder"

Darrell Williams, who is part of the judiciary, also confirmed that Matai's name is earmarked down at the judiciary

Started off with a look back to when Lowe was coaching the side, then interviewed Matai, Foran and Galuvao. Des then came on and said how much having the support in the grandstand at Mt Smart means to the players etc and there was a shot of the MWTS

Then had an extended interview with Lowe about his health that forced him to stand down from the club, and about how he got a call from Jack Elsegood last year and he felt 1 of the final parts of his life jigsaw puzzle had fallen in place getting back to the club he loves. Matai and Foran commented he brings and honesty and integrity to the place and Dessie said that his football experience over many years in many roles in invalubale

We then went onto the match against Parra, with Matai's hit being the main talking point as they then ran through the judiciary process with Steve Gigg. Probably the best part of the show for me was watching the conversation between he and Matai saying that all the coaches and Geoff Bellew believed we couldn't fight it, and the best bet was to take the guilty plea and cop it but it was up to Steve. Steve accepted that but you could see the hurt on his face as he copped it, and he then spoke about being gutted he was letting the boys down and would work extra hard to make it up to them when they get back, and that Des would have him doing lots of running and down and ups.

They then showed a dinner that Lowe, Matai, Foran, Williams and Zorba were at, Zorba saying how the games may as well be played in aprons these days etc. During this part they had another cut away with Lowe, who revealed he had a minor health scare during that Parra match, was wobbly on his feet and nearly fell. He also said that if he was coach he would be chewing Matai's ear off over the lazy technique he showed in the tackle but he won't be telling Matai that

They then introduced Whare into it, and next week focuses on his debut

All the boys spoke about how tight the club is etc

Will certainly look forward to it every week, shame so much of it is Maori though, I hate reading while watching something !!

I know writing these updates maybe a bit of a hassle, but the effort is much appreciated and I look forward to the next one..cheers

No chance of that sorry mate, well beyond y capabilities

Manlyborn, no problem at all giving a little review each week other than my memory of what I have viewed haha

Ok one annoying thing is the website verison has no subtitles, but all the manly guys speaking is in English.

Never seen Des speak so much haha, even caught myself and most of the MWTS in a shot @ the warriors game

as well as our good mate Tum haha

The interviews were good weren't they Jonesy. I never really expect Matai to be as well spoken as he is

I guess everybody can critique my review now haha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6