The Cherry is ripe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle Has Landed said:
What an awesome gutsy, courageous effort by the boys tonight just sensational.
What can I say about DCE the guy is an absolute freak he was a menace for the Sharks he was in everything.
Manly has to hold onto this guy he is the best halfback in the game.
Give him the Captaincy give him whatever he wants.
He is all class.
Thoughts?

DCE did have great game, especially his effort in the 2nd half. Still I would have liked to see him kick a field goal when we were in position with about 5 minutes to go. I don't believe we should be throwing the captaincy at him just because he's a valuable player. Captaincy should be earnt, there would be at least a couple of guys I would have ahead of him after Killer calls it quits.

Mals said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
What an awesome gutsy, courageous effort by the boys tonight just sensational.
What can I say about DCE the guy is an absolute freak he was a menace for the Sharks he was in everything.
Manly has to hold onto this guy he is the best halfback in the game.
Give him the Captaincy give him whatever he wants.
He is all class.
Thoughts?

DCE did have great game, especially his effort in the 2nd half. Still I would have liked to see him kick a field goal when we were in position with about 5 minutes to go. I don't believe we should be throwing the captaincy at him just because he's a valuable player. Captaincy should be earnt, there would be at least a couple of guys I would have ahead of him after Killer calls it quits.

agree re field goal, still fuming he didnt take the attempt with lawrence tackled 10m out and right in front - could have sealed it right there and saved everyone the corinary. These chances cant be overlooked against tougher opposition. At least they learnt from their lack of penalty goal attempts against roosters - putting it down to another lesson to be learnt.

I think we can thank him for the fact we are still alive this season. Without his kicking game we would of been up **** creek.

The referees had given up enforcing the rules on markers & inside the 10m. No way anyone was getting a field goal away.

Just heard the rumour again on triple M that he has already signed with Broncos for next year.. just waiting for the finals to finish. Hope it's a hoax...

SeaEagle007 said:
Just heard the rumour again on triple M that he has already signed with Broncos for next year.. just waiting for the finals to finish. Hope it's a hoax...

If that rumour has come from triple M that's great news.... DCE will be a Sea Eagle for life!!

Foran is our next captain. Classic leader who leads by example.

Both DCE and Foran must be retained as a Manly boys for life.

the mauler said:
SeaEagle007 said:

If that rumour has come from triple M that's great news.... DCE will be a Sea Eagle for life!!

My thought exactly.

SeaEagle007 said:

Well if Cherry does try to break his contract we should screw the Ponies for every last dollar of compensation possible. Otherwise refuse to release him & he can do a Tallis & sit on the sidelines.

MadMarcus said:
the mauler said:
SeaEagle007 said:

My thought exactly.

DCE is contracted for 2014, we learnt our lesson from exit clauses.

You would think the only way this is true is if we release him on good faith because the bongos offered him $1m+.

I dont understand why our club would release him. Arn't we in the process of offering an upgrade for beyond 2015?

What does worry me is that while captaincy would entice him to stay, i wouldn't be surprised if the bongos offered him that aswell, on top of massive coin. (which doesnt make for a good culture i might add).

I just dont like the way the rumour keeps hanging around. Maybe they are just trying to put Manly off this weekend the Roosters V Rabbits conspiracy

Do the Boncos suddenly have a salary cap double every other club? How could they afford Barba, Milford and DCE?

FFS if it's true he wants to go there next season manly need to play hard ball and make him fulfill his contract. The contract he only signed last season.
But as others have said this is the grill team their strike rate is about 10 out of a 100

Promising.

"MANLY is poised to open contract-extension talks with Daly Cherry-Evans to ward off any interest from Brisbane as the Sea Eagles halfback yesterday declared he would be happy to play out his career on Sydney's northern beaches."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-builds-nest-at-manly-to-ward-off-broncos/story-fnca0von-1226730276553

Lord Eagleton said:
Promising.

"MANLY is poised to open contract-extension talks with Daly Cherry-Evans to ward off any interest from Brisbane as the Sea Eagles halfback yesterday declared he would be happy to play out his career on Sydney's northern beaches."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-builds-nest-at-manly-to-ward-off-broncos/story-fnca0von-1226730276553

Good article. He seems very happy where he is. I like that he mentioned him and foz would like to be one club players

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4