The Cherry Bomb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frank

Bencher
This may sound like a big call but I haven't been as excited about a Manly half back as I am with young Cherry-Evans in 40 years of supporting our great club. He really stood up yesterday and showed a great blend of maturity and youthful cheekiness that I love to see in a half back. I honestly believe he could end up being the best half back to ever pull on a Manly jersey. How lucky are we to have Foran and the Cherry Bomb playing together at our club.

If I had to point out one fault. It would be where he chose to play his first senior footy. ;)

He was born in Mackay. Where do you expect him to first play?

But agree that he is outstanding. I've said it before but his defence is almost as good as his attack, and tends to be glossed over. Many other halfbacks play on the wing in defence. Cherry plays like a lock in defence.

I think almost everyone agrees with that, he is an absolute gem. I think in a few years we will look back and remember just how much influence he has had on our team.

DCE has a big future with Manly and the game!!! I must say I was equally excited by another kid, Geoff Toovey, when he debuted against the English touring side and we beat them 30-0!!!

The Who said:

But agree that he is outstanding. I've said it before but his defence is almost as good as his attack, and tends to be glossed over. Many other halfbacks play on the wing in defence. Cherry plays like a lock in defence.

The comment about where he chose to first play was tongue-in-cheek. I have edited my post with one of those stupid smiley faces that I don't like using but find useful at times like this. :angel:

anthonyb1965 said:
DCE has a big future with Manly and the game!!! I must say I was equally excited by another kid, Geoff Toovey, when he debuted against the English touring side and we beat them 30-0!!!
I watched Toovey's very imspressive debut against the Poms. Played midweek from memory. He looked like a baby. The before and after shots of Toovey's career are a real eye-opener.

Having said that I am more excited about DCE's prospects than I was about Toovey's.

Agreed, i haven't seen a kid with this much talent and prospect in their first year for any position, let alone half back for many, many years.

If he can keep it up next year, he will then go on to be mentioned amongst the best half backs we have seen in a Manly jersey.

huge wraps from everyone and he deserves them all. Just wait until his game matures a bit more!

He has not been overawed in the big games that we played and this is a good sign as we progress into the semi finals.

The Who said:

Kempsey or Bowraville.

Or wait a second they are both in QLD too, almost forgot.

If anything happened to Cronk next year, if he keeps up his rate of development, do you think he would be the QLD half?

Toovey,Hasler and Cherry's dad Johnny have to be above him at this time in our clubs halfback history stocks

I reckon we must staple these 2 kids down on long high paying contracts to never lose them

The Eagle said:
Toovey,Hasler and Cherry's dad Johnny have to be above him at this time in our clubs halfback history stocks

I reckon we must staple these 2 kids down on long high paying contracts to never lose them

I never saw his dad play but I watched Hasler and Toovey's entire careers. Neither of them impressed me as much in their first year in the top grade as DCE has.

Over the course of their entire careers it's obviously way too early to tell how DCE is going to stack up against them. At this early stage of his career - I'm excited!

And yes, we need to throw the farm at both these boys.

He is related to two former players, however AFAIK

The Eagle said:
LOL its got to be Gibbsy's lovechild,who ive only seen in a few highlight reels,they could be twins ffs

They look as much alike as Chris Sandow and Craig Coleman to me.

Apart from the Manly jersey with 7 on it I dont see much likeness.

The Eagle said:
Watch them run and you could basically overlap it

Yeah nothing alike at all.

Gibbs had his back arched, socks down, chin pointed.

Cherry action is back arched, socks down, chin pointed.
:dodgy:

There was a chicky-babe at The Caxton on Sunday night with a sign that read;

You can POP my Cherry, Daley!

Humourous

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4