The Central Coast Seagulls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, that is the name they are thinking of calling the team. What a joke, and what an embarrassment to the players at that !! I'm a scabby Seagull !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's fight for our Eagles

Kelly Robinson

16Nov07

THE Manly Sea Eagles are calling on the team's hordes of fans tostop the club becoming the Central Coast Seagulls.

The northern beaches is in danger of losing its beloved club because of the dilapidated state of Brook-vale Oval.

The club is in talks with the NRL to relocate to the Central Coast in an $8 million deal that would see the Sea Eagles play their home games at Bluetongue Stadium. It's feared they could even be known asthe Central Coast Seagulls ifFederal Government funding isnot forthcoming.

Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer said fans should get behind their Grand Final side and storm Brookvale Oval next Wednesday.

A public rally - Brookvale Forever - is being held from 7pm to save the club from a relocation to Gosford. Mr Mayer said the attractive financial commitment could see the club permanently move.

``This option is our last option,'' he said. ``The owners, board and management team want to remain at Brookvale long term, but the reality is Brookvale Oval cannot support the needs of the club or the community in its current state.''

Gosford Mayor Jim Macfadyen said the Central Coast would roll out the welcome mat for the Eagles. ``If the Federal Government don't come to the party and the Eagles want to relocate, we will take them with open arms,'' he said. ``Actually, Warringah should abdicate and become part of the Central Coast and we could call the team the Manly Central Coast Seagulls.''

However Warringah administrator Dick Persson won't let the Eagles go without a fight.

``The Gosford mayor can only dream,'' Mr Persson said. ``He's deluding himself. I'd be extremely angry if the club had to relocate.''

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2