The Buzz: Early NRL 2013 matches revealed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE NRL will stage a Melbourne Storm-Bulldogs grand final rematch in a Thursday night blockbuster in round three of next year's premiership.

Channel Nine has chosen the Thursday night matches for the first three weeks, with the Roosters and Souths to open the season followed by the Eels and Bulldogs in the second round.

Read the full article

I think the nrl needs to be bombarded with complaints about Broncos favouritism before this schedule is officially announced. There is still potentially time to change this.

It won't help at all though, the nrl is so afraid of ch9 its ridiculous.

Blake said:
I think the nrl needs to be bombarded with complaints about Broncos favouritism before this schedule is officially announced. There is still potentially time to change this.

It won't help at all though, the nrl is so afraid of ch9 its ridiculous.

It has nothing to do with fear. Channel 9 have paid for the rights and that includes scheduling. They will do whatever they want for the next five years and nothing you, me or anyone else can stop them. The donkeys will be every Friday night and that's it.

It just sucks!

It's absolutely crap that they are giving in to the demands of one set of viewers.
Do you know what the Brisbane fans will do on a Friday night if their team isn't playing? just like most of us, they will still watch the game anyways.

It's funny that people say that Channel 9 has paid for the rights so can do what they want with regards to scheduling.
The AFL tell the tv companies their will be no night grand final, no short turn arounds ( 6 day limit on turn around ) a full schedule before season starts and that's what happens and they still get the big bucks, but the NRL has no spine and don't know what they are worth and lets the tv companies dictate to them instead of other way around. I'll probably get blasted for this but the AFL is just better run competition from top to bottom really with regards to everything from this kind of stuff to grassroots.
They have backed their sport over the last 15 to 20 years and have been moving into other states where they had no junior level comps to speak of really and have a bigger presence in NSW and QLD now than Rugby League the other way around. A big deal was made of the Storm's 1st Junior making senior grade this year after 15 years, that's a long time for 1 player to come through.
They have vision for their game and to me the NRL doesn't, it seems to be all over the place. This strategic paper they are releasing tomorrow will be interesting to see but these things take time and persistence and money to come to fruition, we hope this new IC for rugby league has those qualities and takes the game to another level and not with just on the field but off the field also

AshfieldBazza said:
It's funny that people say that Channel 9 has paid for the rights so can do what they want with regards to scheduling.
The AFL tell the tv companies their will be no night grand final, no short turn arounds ( 6 day limit on turn around ) a full schedule before season starts and that's what happens and they still get the big bucks, but the NRL has no spine and don't know what they are worth and lets the tv companies dictate to them instead of other way around. I'll probably get blasted for this but the AFL is just better run competition from top to bottom really with regards to everything from this kind of stuff to grassroots.
They have backed their sport over the last 15 to 20 years and have been moving into other states where they had no junior level comps to speak of really and have a bigger presence in NSW and QLD now than Rugby League the other way around. A big deal was made of the Storm's 1st Junior making senior grade this year after 15 years, that's a long time for 1 player to come through.
They have vision for their game and to me the NRL doesn't, it seems to be all over the place. This strategic paper they are releasing tomorrow will be interesting to see but these things take time and persistence and money to come to fruition, we hope this new IC for rugby league has those qualities and takes the game to another level and not with just on the field but off the field also

Which is why we need a CEO who us a head kicker, take no **** from nobody type of guy. I don't feel it has to be an old Leaguie. But he has to take into consideration the view of the players.

Posted by Earnie the Eagle - Today 03:00 PM
What a lot rot, its not about the fans anymore, it about five words: M...O...N...E...Y.

Five letters, one word.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That's one word...

No its not, you need to see the movie Arbitrage and you would understand.

eagleE said:
AshfieldBazza said:

Which is why we need a CEO who us a head kicker, take no s**t from nobody type of guy. I don't feel it has to be an old Leaguie. But he has to take into consideration the view of the players.

Posted by Earnie the Eagle - Today 03:00 PM
What a lot rot, its not about the fans anymore, it about five words: M...O...N...E...Y.

Five letters, one word.

Go see the movie Arbitrage and you will understand.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8