The Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Before everyone speculates who is going and who is staying i beleive most players will stay if toovey is coash and beleive crusher will stay as well.

AS for the board then must all go except for scott Penn. He needs to take over the whole club. The 2 owner is not working and we only need 1 owner.

A rebel ticket needs to come in and a whole new board needs to elected.

The board i would love to see is

Scott Penn- Chairman
Bob Fulton
Peter Peter's
Ken Authurson
Ben Kennedy or Nik Kosef

A new CEO needs to be elected. Someone who is strong and has no ties with any franctions.

They would all work together for the better of the club for the club they love.

Kennedy said he's wiped his hands of us over the Zorba issue but I'd have Beaver in his place anyway!

Otherwise I like the board & at least we KNOW they have Manly's best interests at heart! Just hope Zorba starts a rebel ticket.

We will get past this...WE ARE MANLY!

These guys are great footballers, but are they good administrators?
Also, are these guys prepared to work for no monetary reward?
I don't know any board members nor players personally, so I'm just looking at it as an outsider.
Would these volunteer Board members really make decisions that were to the detriment of the club, and why? Surely they love the club as much as us?
Also, I am wary about giving one person absolute power. Tinkler showed that a couple of days ago when he sacked the coach and marquee player at his soccer club.
What is to stop one person with the power to take Manly to another city, or move from Brookvale Oval.
I would like to hear both sides of the story. So far it seems to be a blame-athon.
As I've posted before, if things were so bad at Board level then why didn't Des and his backers mount a rebel ticket to challenge early next year? What he has done is pre-empt change and throw the club into apparent chaos. Surely for such a professional coach he could have handled matters more professionally.

Manly Warringah district rugby league football club board
Bob Reilly (chairman and representive mwse board)
Melinda gainsford-Taylor (representative mwse board)
Damien Smith
Peter Byrant
Cliff Lyons
Bob Stevensen (vidmar)
Chris Jones (jonesyv2)

The mwse board is made up of
Scott Penn and another board member appointed by the Penn family
2 members appointed by quantum
Bob Reilly ( fc rep)*
Melinda gainsford-Taylor (fc)*
Peter spray (leagues club rep)*

* Bob Reilly is chairman of both boards and as such effectively has sway of 3 votes on mwse.

Thanks Cambo. Looks like Bob Rielly is the common factor. This guys needs to resign asap for the good of the club. Stick that in your KPI !

I didn't know that Vidmar was on the board. This explains some of his defensive postings. I reckon this guy can go as well.

Narly said:
Thanks Cambo. Looks like Bob Rielly is the common factor. This guys needs to resign asap for the good of the club. Stick that in your KPI !

I didn't know that Vidmar was on the board. This explains some of his defensive postings. I reckon this guy can go as well.
Vidmar is a good man so hold up tiger.

As I pointed out before I see no problem with bob Reilly being on the mwse board as the leagues club rep if he was no longer chairman of the footy club. It's just at the moment he's the chairman of two groups that collectively own 3 votes on the mwse board and I dont care who is it whether it's Steve menzies or arko no one should have that sort of power

Fancy placing KPIs on Des. Surely his record past 8yrs was there for all to see. Couldnt imagine that with Bennett or Bellamy. Very disappointing.

The only kpi a coach needs is winning games!

Who cares about the rest. Give the man a budget and let him manage it how he wants. If he is winning games and getting to the semis then the rest is elementary

I don't know whos who in jungle but someone has to take ownership. These guys are paid to look after the joint and they have failed. I can't see anyone taking ownership of this mess.

Cambo said:
Manly Warringah district rugby league football club board
Bob Reilly (chairman and representive mwse board)
Melinda gainsford-Taylor (representative mwse board)
Damien Smith
Peter Byrant
Cliff Lyons
Bob Stevensen (vidmar)
Chris Jones (jonesyv2)

The mwse board is made up of
Scott Penn and another board member appointed by the Penn family
2 members appointed by quantum
Bob Reilly ( fc rep)*
Melinda gainsford-Taylor (fc)*
Peter spray (leagues club rep)*

* Bob Reilly is chairman of both boards and as such effectively has sway of 3 votes on mwse.

So there are 7 votes in total. If Penn and Quantum have 4 votes in total that is enough at board level. Are they not on the same page as each other?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6