The best EVER tackling performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's impressive, but also a problem with this pattern of teams getting mega repeat sets against us. We have to break this pattern.

Shoe1 said:
It's impressive, but also a problem with this pattern of teams getting mega repeat sets against us. We have to break this pattern.

Maybe with three front rowers ( that have many how NRL titles between them? ) and our best ever fullback out that may have something to do with it.
I'd like to see how the Bunnies, Roosters, Storm etc would go if they were without the match experience we're missing for an extended period.

You've only got to look at the Bulldogs when they were without Barba, Graham, Kasiano etc.

Sao has to be promoted. Need another prop in the rotation. Too many second rowers and Tooves doesnt even use them.

Note that we are not forcing repeat sets at the other end either. As Tooves said, it was a great effort but you don't want to be doing that every week.

COMMANDER said:
Note that we are not forcing repeat sets at the other end either. As Tooves said, it was a great effort but you don't want to be doing that every week.

I'm sure I've heard Toovey say that before: 'don't want to be doing that every week.'
Yet I'm sure we are doing it every week. :s

Shoe1 said:

Good point. IMO Three things determined the complex of the game, one of which was the refs who in the second half particularly regularly gifted the storm penalties when they were coming out of their own half. You can't understate the importance of those kind of penalties - they completely transform the dynamics of the game. Without them you have the standard gridlock that can only be broken by one team making a break or getting big metres through the middle - which the Storm didn't do last night. The refs did all the heavy lifting for them.

The other things was the accuracy of the storms kicking which continuously got them repeat sets. As good as Foran and DCE are, they simply don't get us repeat sets very often. The other factor was our inability to play straight forward secure one off the ruck football coming out of our quarter. The amount of mistakes, dropped ball and (occasionally) stupid penalty give aways was what made it frustrating for me to watch. They're a great defensive team, but at times they are just plain dumb. Maybe the answer as people like susan and TC have suggested is for them to accept that they dont have the kind of attack potential that they once had and play a percentages game like the Storm do. I'm not sure. I think at full strength and with Glen Stewart back in condition, things will slowly come together in attack. But at the moment they need to rediscover simple percentage football and know that their defense is going to win them games.

We drop the ball too much in our own half too. Still I'm pretty happy that even with so many First Graders out we have a rock solid defence. We will be pretty hard to beat come finals time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2