1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bench

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The impact coming off it at the moment in unbelievable

King was awesome coming off the bench tonight, seemed to make good metres every runs. Fa'aoso rips into everything week in week out and we know what we get from Joe.

When Glenn comes back and we add Symonds to that (he is a mile ahead of Buhrer and I like Horos work) there isn't a bench in the league to match it

2. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    I thought Buhrer was ordinary tonight the rest were exceptional

3. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    Buhrer didn't do himself any favours tonight.:(

4. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Right on KE, Horo is killing it and real tough out wide. Joe, Richie, King, Kite, Lawrence wow!!!

5. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Buhrer was poor and guilty of trying too hard

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Certainly looking very good. Have to agree the Buhrer is the weak link at the moment. Symonds runs better angles and looks more creative, was disappointed with his lack of game time tonight. Symonds and Horo will take the hard lines and hits to create space outside. I think our recruits have worked out better than anyone could have hoped.

7. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Buhrer will lose his spot when Gift returns (barring injuries/suspensions).

I did not see that coming before the season began but Buhrer is the victim of all our recruits playing excellent football. Even if he was putting in solid performances his spot would still be under a cloud.

8. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I am happy to be corrected but I can't recall a time in recent memory when we have had 4 new recruits in the starting 17 so early in the season.

9. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Buhrer gets man handled too easily he needs another 10kg's on him.
    Maybe he should hang out with Rose.

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Lussick, Mauro, Rose, T-Rex ??? Haven't missed a beat without any of these guys. That shows how good the bench is.

11. Go manly

Go manly Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 5
    Hard not to be excited but a long season
    Jamie will earn his keep and play a role just wshen it is needed
    He tries to hard not to

• Like Like x 1
  12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    You know where looking good when our 'worst player' didn't play too bad, tackled well (20) and made 90 odd meters and dropped just a few balls.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Go manly

Go manly Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 5
    And so say all of us
    well said
    Go manly

14. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Buhrer stays in my side when Stewart comes back. Some of his runs tonight were pretty good. He has been close to getting through a couple of times in the last 2 weeks. He will get better in his role as the season goes on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Buhrer will always be in the 17, it's a no-brainer. Cover for the most important spot in the team, dummy-half, plus cover for anything else. Plus he can just come on and take a turn as a grunt forward if nothing else.

16. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    He was off last night imo couple of errors and penalties

17. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Yes he was off last nite but one of the best the previous week. Perhaps it was the lack of head gear.

18. Eagle1963

Eagle1963 Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    With injuries , suspensions and rep games coming up there will likely be one player missing most weeks to keep Jamie in the top17. Whatever happens he will play a good number of 1st grade games this year to help him develop
    [hr]
    With injuries , suspensions and rep games coming up there will likely be one player missing most weeks to keep Jamie in the top17. Whatever happens he will play a good number of 1st grade games this year to help him develop

19. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    We have one of the most agressive benches I can remember. All hit hard. Buhrer will probably shine more when Gift is back as he skirts wider and creates holes, where we are currently taking it up the middle. Tooves is in charge but I would like to see Richie getting more minutes ripping in (listed for 21 mins last night). I feel sorry for anyone heading in his direction or getting in his way.

20. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    Agreed but he tackled t Rex every time he got the ball in the 2nd half, and protected cherry from him in defence. Tooves must have said I want you around his legs all half. He did 18 tackles with no misses. Buhrer was a bit off in his attack timing though.