the bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The play-the-ball is faster this season, and it seems that Tooves is going for agility in the forwards. Getting rid of She-Rex was a good first step. Buhrer is mobile, as is Horo, Choc, Lawrence, Symonds, Kite and Gift (when he returns). Tooves obviously feels that Gower, who is bigger than I think most people realise, can handle the pace better than George. I'll reserve my judgement.
This year will test out the big, less mobile, fowards and King may feel the difference. Certainly the big Canberra forwards are struggling, and the Dogs may find the same thing when their three monsters are available for selection.

I am of the same opinion really. George is tried and tested, we know what we will get and its generally pretty good. Im OK with gower getting a chance to prove himself but his form has been patchy

George misses the odd tackle, gower hands the ball back. george bends the line and offers a few surprises in attack, gower made a few decent runs in the second game but appears to be in the plodder mould

Not trying to be harsh on gower, just pushing Rosies barrow. Its about the limited game time gower has had. George in 2x 8 minute stints would surely provide more impact and less defensive issues, albeit using 1 extra interchange

But I am unaware of georges form in reggies but after this many years , with his runs on the board does that matter

Sure I am a fan of big Rose & think he has plenty to offer but our defence so far in 2013 is that real tradesman style with everyone working hard at all times.
I think this is where Rose is out of the 17, though high impact and can put on a shot, not really there with that high octane defence.
Thats where Buhrer is a Tooves starter, high workrate in attack & defence & though has not excelled since his SOO debut, gets the job done imo.
At full strength its Lawrence, Fa'aso , Symonds , Buhrer/Horo.
Would like to think Chee Kam, Sao & Hiku can put pressure on for a spot but may not be till 2014....

The more you read most of these comments the more you see that sadly George may not feature (injuries barring) much, if at all, in 2013.

And if that is the case don't expect to see him in Maroon and White in 2014

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6