the bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gower played better week 2, but as others stated his hands are a worry.2 games, approx 15 minutes game time in each and two dropped balls in each. He was a bit unlucky with 1 in each game being knocked out, but you have to expect that

Its still hard to conceive that georgie wouldnt have more impact and offer more. Tooves is obviously giving him a go but his lack of minutes doesnt support that. Especially as the opportunity was there to give him more minutes last week. Or even a utility

Is it tooves desire to have a front rower on the bench that only has one stint at the back end of games or has it been outcome related

In reality, Im confused with it all. But its working

I can see the bench being as follows:

Full strength- Gulavao, Lawrence, Fa'aoso, Symonds

No room for old Georgie boy in the high tempo, in your face style of game we are playing right now.

that is a damn fine bench but who is the back row? glenn, horo and choc or buhrer, glenn and choc. Surely Buhrer can't play 2nd row??Buhrer may struggle here!!

At full strengh Jamie's gone , he has offered nothing .... gets dominated on the ground... just look what the knights forwards were doing to him last week, maybe needs more time to fill out...MM not sure, great kid I'm sure but unless injury strikes or if tooves wants a utility player , he will struggle to make the top 17. And this is only my opinion, dont want to offend anyone.

Depends on how the team is travelling, I'd say Buhrer's utility value - anywhere bar fullback, wing, prop is a plus but saying that Symonds is also value but too big for hooker - I bet we never thought he'd play left centre and he's playing for his future with a 1 year deal on probably half the dosh.
Jamie's got the runs on the board atm, though.
The way we've started injuries and rep footy will determine who plays where but that's a positive.

Pride said:
I heard a rumour Georgie will be off to the dragons in next few weeks?

Yeah, he'd be better than their current playmakers!

Buhrer, Gulavao, Lawrence, Fa'aoso. Seems like a good bench to me. Buhrer has plenty of game/finals experience. And i thought he added a lot out of dummy half last year and was good back up for Ballin.

Hard call to make with our bench. For me with the team playing the way it is Buhrer misses out. Gift back to starting side with Gulavao, Fa'aso, Lawrence and Horo.

Buhrer won't be taking a day off any time soon. The only reason he won't get picked on the bench is when he is in the run-on side.

I think he has been doing the job in the matches so far. No massive breaks or play-making extravaganzas but he makes his hit-ups and makes his tackles. For 80 minutes. He gets an A from me.

I just can't see a place for George with who we have at present, personally love his personality and what he's brought to us fans in enjoyment BUT where do you fit him in ??

I have been impressed with Buhrer so far. Workman like efforts. Nothing flash, but I think as he gets more comfortable we will start to see his ball playing increase.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Buhrer won't be taking a day off any time soon. The only reason he won't get picked on the bench is when he is in the run-on side.

I think he has been doing the job in the matches so far. No massive breaks or play-making extravaganzas but he makes his hit-ups and makes his tackles. For 80 minutes. He gets an A from me.

He's a quiet achiever in my opinion.

did george rose eat tooves' cat or something?
he played well in the allstars match and surely if king isn't fit yet he's a better option than gower?
he would suit the way we're playing at the moment better than gower too!
HE CAN CATCH!

Brookie said:
did george rose eat tooves' cat or something?
he played well in the allstars match and surely if king isn't fit yet he's a better option than gower?
he would suit the way we're playing at the moment better than gower too!
HE CAN CATCH!
I dont think Toovey has a cat but i think that Toovey likes players that are very fit and have a high work rate .

SeaEagleRock8 said:

A like for you for the Ferris reference.

Pride said:
I heard a rumour Georgie will be off to the dragons in next few weeks?
i dunno about that... white isn't the most flattering colour on ol georgie.

love the guy, but going off people's reports of NSW cup, he isn't producing up to scratch form wise. Will watch with interest the tv game this week and see if he has impact. If he sticks around, i'm sure he will get a run this year, but until then, only he can be the one to prove toovey wrong really. With the stocks the club purchased it should be no sudden surprise to him that he has some eager competition. He's a good bloke and loves the club, I don't think (unless pushed) he'd bugger off to another club, but i guess if a good opportunity arose, wouldn't have a problem if he chose to take it. If he really is NRL prop standard, then he should be barging over other nsw cup players and getting 100+ metres each game.

George Rose is a re-incarnation of Authur Beetson but in todays fast pace of league seems fitness and work rate is thought of more than skill.

all i know is georgey boy is of NRL standard, gower is not from what i've seen so far

i love the fact george is a big unit, and he is a footballer, not just a big fit guy. they don't make 'em like george anymore:(

sick of seeing athletes instead of FOOTBALLERS! the little man has been played out of the game now too :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6