1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE BENCH

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by cc eagle, Jul 11, 2010.

1. cc eagle

cc eagle Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 2
    Whats Dessie's logic with the bench players, Joe came on in the sixty odd min. for about 10 then replaced with Bailey for the last 10.That means we use 2 replacements for threequarters of the game.Why pick them on the bench if your not prepared to use them, give the young blokes a go.

2. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Because Choc,Gift,Perry,Rose, Kite were playing so great we didnt need them. Oh hang on they were playing like ****. There is no logic Des has reverted back to his early days one dimensional thinking again.

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,139 / 289
    I agree cc mate. Our bench is being used in a rather unique way. Like Darren has said, we look a tad old, immobile and predictable. We need a guy like Kidwell, JWH or someone coming off and making a real impact.

Rose does that, but his fitness levels are far to poor, and he gets tired in 2 minutes.

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    You want impact off the bench then put Choc and T Rex back to the bench. Rodney, Gift, Lussick make up the backrow Ballin & Buhrer play half a game at hooker each. Piss off Perry, Bailey Galuvao completely now & Rose until he's fit enough. Lami Tasi or Junior Palau the other bench player.

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    We used to have benches where things would happen, seeing Bailey trotting out there just makes you hang you head.  Imagine big Tony coming on when teams are tired. This could be a help. Seu Seu might make a diference as he is playing for a contract in 2011.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,139 / 289
    14. Heath Le'Strange
    15. Mark Bryant
    16. Brent Kite
    17. Glenn Hall

was our 2008 bench.

14. Chris Bailey
    15. George Rose
    16. Brent Kite
    17. Joe Galuvao

is our present one. It doesn't seem that different which is the weird thing.

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I am not happy with how Galuvao is being used.

When he comes on, he makes metres straight up the guts. No sideways stuff, just directly at the other tryline. I would like to see him playing double what he is now

8. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Incorrect. Kite started and Glenny Hall both started, Menzies and King were on the bench.

I get your point though, and remember the impact Beaver used to give.

9. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    What would any of you know. You've never laced a boot. ;D

10. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Galuvao should play more time. Runs straight and hard.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'm with you ads.  Straight and hard is what's required.  We are doing that lateral thing atm and it sure aint working..Bench Glenn and Choc.  Cross and Kite to start in the second row. 
    Bench Choc
    Glenn
    Kite
    Cross.
    Starting props; Rose, Princess. 

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    My error, I meant Joe and Kite to start in the second row.  Cross onto the bench.