The beaver retires what a legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
http://en.catalansdragons.com/index.php?article=2013-07-04_2866

What can I say the guy is a legend, it would be fitting if they can have a challenge cup run given there belting last week injuries and bad run of form seems doubtful.

Man what an absolute champion and role model The Beaver is.
He needs to be somewhere in the Sea Eagles outlook as a mentor or something a true Manly Legend.

Our Best. Legend. Can't wait to see him back around the club next season. He's probably not a coach, but just having him involved and I can't think of a better former player to have run the water to the boys (I just hope he does it in headgear!)

Looks like Beaver copied our very own legend who recently retired! @"Mark from Brisbane"

Happy retirement Mr Menzies.

Coulda done 1 more year I reckon. Picked in the centres in the poms v exiles match shows how good he's going.

...Manly legend Steve Menzies has announced he'll retire from rugby league at the end of the current Super League season just two months before turning 40.

Midway through his third season with Catalan Dragons based in the south of France, the former NSW and Kangaroos back-rower used Twitter on Thursday to reveal his 21st season finishing in October will be his last.

http://www.nrl.com/menzies-to-retire-from-rugby-league-at-39/tabid/10874/newsid/73297/default.aspx

This guy is and should be an immortal.

469 games....236 tries...8 city..20 SOO..19 Tests..2 Exiles.

Come home Beaver!!!!

It is beyond dispute that Steve is a genuine legend of the game. Will our club propose that the NRL finally should do something official to properly honour him on a magnificent career? I hope so.
@Larissa
Meanwhile it is great for us if he will finally head home and again be involved in some capacity with the Sea Eagles.

If Joey has a place in our house to coach our halves, surely we can find room for the great Beaver to coach our back rowers, heaven knows we need inspiration right now.

Go Manly, Go the Beaver welcome home.

What a champion, cannot believe he is still playing. I was in my early years of high school when he started.

If he does come back in some role at Manly god forbid if we have a few losses. Many of the muppets on here will turn on him quicker than Georgie would inhale a cheeseburger.

He will be back in some capacity and that will be great to see

Should have retired from playing 10years ago probably, right Dazza ? :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8