The Bears

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
The North Sydney Bears are still around in NSW Cup. Keeping up the fine tradition of "first choice" North Sydney sides, by getting beaten in a semi final yesterday by Newcastle. LOL. Doesn't matter what level they play at they still can't add to those 1921 and 1922 tropies.

Lul, remember the souffs are merged with them

Chip and Chase said:
The North Sydney Bears are still around in NSW Cup. Keeping up the fine tradition of "first choice" North Sydney sides, by getting beaten in a semi final yesterday by Newcastle. LOL. Doesn't matter what level they play at they still can't add to those 1921 and 1922 tropies.

Just on that game, heard on the radio that straight after the Rabbits game the Souths coach rang up the Norths coach and pulled 4-5 players out of the match on the spot to cover Souths injuries

So far, this weekend, I have seen 3 black bears!

1 of them a cute lil bear cub on the side of the road we were walking along.

Awwww.

Now I'm partaking in 1 of our sponsors product (jimmy) and watching golden eye.

Sorry to all those who have just realised this is an old thread but who wants to start a new one just for bear sightings.

Plus jatz'll get all ummm, grumpy and move the thread if I did that.

Hi G E, I saw a black bear on the side of the road just outside a town called Golden as we were driving towards Vancouver.
He just stood and looked at us from about ten metres away before scampering behind a pile of rocks, he was still sticking his head up over the rocks checking us out.

Ryan said:
If The Bears come back on The Central Coast, they are not The Bears. Call them another name. Central Coast Vipers or something.

Give the coast their own team.

The Bears died as a team, and shouldn't be rewarded for their inadequacies.

Only the strong survive, and they died. If they came back as The Central Coast Bears, I'd hate them almost as much as I hate The Canterbury Bulldogs.

I thought they were your team before they exited !!

fook! Golden is miles away! Hopefully the stampede is still on for you.

Massive flooding in Calgary as you know.

I'm heading over to claresholm soon-ish to pay respects to a great uncle who died in the canadian air force in 1944 who is buried there. *respect*

If you have an akubra, wear it, they'll love ya.

At least they loved me when I was at the airport a few times.

But I'm so incredibly good looking that could be it*

*I hit every branch of the ugly tree when I fell out.

Enjoy your trip.

edit: @"Peter C"

The NRL should be on they're knees thanking Manly for doing them a favour all those years ago and ridding them of the Bears. To see them now being a feeder to Souffs is just traitorous to the North Shore. They need to be wiped totally and Manly should take all territory from the bridge to Central coast.

robbiea said:
Live in Golden

No way!

(way)

That'll be me and peter C looking through your bedroom window in a few days.

Next you'll be saying you're a snowboarding demon!

I have not met one person who lives on the central coast who wants the bears back. They want a local team but they don't want the bears. Plus we need a team elsewhere in Aus more

globaleagle said:
robbiea said:
Live in Golden

No way!

(way)

That'll be me and peter C looking through your bedroom window in a few days.

Thats why i live here .oh ,maybe 2nd reason ,wife is from here ..

Just thinking about the injunction the bad news bears tried , when manly were trying to sign players once the news broke about the JV licence reverting back to the eagles, makes me hope that IF ( lol ) and when ( rofl ) the CC gets a team , the bears have nothing to do with it.....the CC deserves their own team , not a re-incarnation of one of Australian sports biggest losers..... From memory Brendan Reeves was the first player to sign up for the mighty eagles once we rid ourselves of the red and black stench.

bones said:
No way. That would undo all the great work Manly did in getting rid of them.

That wasn't work.

Which is why I would be happy for them to come back.

That way we can f**k them over again.

robbiea said:
globaleagle said:

Thats why i live here .oh ,maybe 2nd reason ,wife is from here ..

That sounds very, very familiar! Sigh, the things we do.

Jatz Crackers said:
globaleagle said:
Plus jatz'll get all ummm, grumpy and move the thread if I did that.

That must be some kind of cool snack like a pretz'll.

These jatz'lls are making me thirsty !

No, no, no! You're saying it wrong. It's "These Jatz'lls are making me thirsty!"

manlyfan76 said:
Burleigh Bears?

Don't mind those bears. They used to camp on my parents farm when I was a young'un and they let me play touch footy with them.

And in other news - 30 metres from a black bear yesterday. Pic to come.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6