The Bears

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Ready to get roasted but here goes

http://www.change.org/petitions/arl-commission-bring-back-the-bears-2#

I signed the above. I hate the bears, with a very strong passion, but i still think they should be back in the comp.

• 👍
Reactions: L80
Isz, where's your sense of history. They tried to roll us into their wilderness. Leave the past behind. Perth, NZ, Qld... anywhere but another fringe Sydney team. To be truly National in the NRL they need to think, and be, national.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I dont mind the bears. They do deserve to be in the comp in my mind, but at the end of the day they should have fought the decision. They kept crapping on about having heaps of cash in the bank, but they never contested it in court like souths did. If so they also would be still playing. They also never paid out there players after again admitting they were loaded.

Who ever was running the bears at the time sealed there fate. In essence they committed suicide....... and well, that was there decision

I think they should have stayed but now its dusted, its time to move on without them

DSM they tried to do to us what we did to them

For mind league thrives on tribalism - i would rather see a manly bears game than a soul less Central QLD game

The problem about bringing the bears back now is that there isn;t sufficient talent to go around for a new team and fox would want another brisbane and perth team first.

If The Bears come back on The Central Coast, they are not The Bears. Call them another name. Central Coast Vipers or something.

Give the coast their own team.

The Bears died as a team, and shouldn't be rewarded for their inadequacies.

Only the strong survive, and they died. If they came back as The Central Coast Bears, I'd hate them almost as much as I hate The Canterbury Bulldogs.

The Central Coast will be perceived as another Sydney team so that flies in the face of making it national.
Anyway, the Bears have the audacity to think that the Central Coast wants them and that they will represent the people from Milson's Point right up to Lake MacQuarie, so really they want all of Northern Sydney as well as the Central Coast.

The North Sydney Bears are still around in NSW Cup. Keeping up the fine tradition of "first choice" North Sydney sides, by getting beaten in a semi final yesterday by Newcastle. LOL. Doesn't matter what level they play at they still can't add to those 1921 and 1922 tropies.

Jatz Crackers said:
Does a bear crap in the wilderness ?

Yes they do, and thats where they should be left.

Classic, sound reasoning.

Must say I use to enjoy the our clashes v Norths at NSO & at Brookie but that is history now.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6