The Bears are part of Manly again.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Bears have a small junior base of around 1200 juniors. Manly have around 2200. The two junior systems are amalgamating. Good for the prospects of more juniors coming through the Eagles ranks.

I just hope some people can let go ridiculous bias and resentment, and grow up so that we can move forward in a unified way. Looks as though our wings have just spread a little further.

GOOD NEWS.

Bear juniors like O'Mealy, Orford, Morrison, Stringer etc etc can only improve our side.

Omeley/Orford/Morrision/Stringer are all from the Central Coast - not the Norths junior league.

The Central Coast are now aligned to another NRL club - not sure who though although I think it could be the shraks.

Having said that it is good news and a sensible decision that will strengthen both junior leagues.

I sign of things to come. I wonder what will happen 1st. Rabbits to Central Coast, or Melbourne?

Yep your right Stillman.
While Central Coast Juniors would be stronger I'll take whatever we get and if it means more juniors I'm all for including Norths!

Yeah - siloism is a dinasour thought process.

1. A supporters group asking for past bad blood to be left at the door;
2. Transparency from the CEO around Q&A from fans on the official site;
3. Accepting back The Mighty Bears as part of our community;

All these things are great ways to improve the club.

Omeley/Orford/Morrision/Stringer are all from the Central Coast - not the Norths junior league.

The Central Coast are now aligned to another NRL club - not sure who though although I think it could be the shraks.

Having said that it is good news and a sensible decision that will strengthen both junior leagues.

So - when they got to the top grade on The Central Coast, where would they naturally migrate to as a player?

With that theory, The Dragons would have no juniors.

Hopefully we can pick up the next Geoff Blinkhorn, Nigel tait or Larry kelly from Norths juniors.

The problem is that Norths still have a lot of old timers in the club heirachy who would rather see their players play for any other team than play for Manly.

Its no big deal they're just going back to the way the juniors where run 3 years ago.

Clubs like Asquith magpies will still play under the Norths banner. So a talented A grade or u19 will go to the Norths PL side if required.

Bottom line is that most clubs have juniors targetted and watched from a very young age. A strong junior league is a good thing but only one plank in the floor of success. Ryan is wrong in his heading though. Norths were never part of Manly - they were part of a joint venture called the Northern Eagles.

[quote author=The Wheel]

So - when they got to the top grade on The Central Coast, where would they naturally migrate to as a player?

With that theory, The Dragons would have no juniors.
[/quote]

I knew that would get a bite from Ryan :clap:

Ryan as long as Norths has an association, those clubs that are aligned with Norths now. Will always be.

Norths will have a team in an amateur comp for many years to come. ie PL or whatever.

Only for one year Byso if that new elite under 20's come in.

November 30, 2006 -

The NRL is one step closer to introducing a national youth competition after club chief executives threw their weight behind the plan.

The under-20 competition would mirror the NRL draw with all 16 clubs fielding teams.

"There's still a big amount of support for bringing that competition in in 2008," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"It needs to go back to the board, but certainly today the overwhelming message was that most of the clubs really want to see it in in 2008.

"It would be a curtain raiser to the first grade game and it will only work if all 16 clubs are in."

Brisbane - which currently has a feeder team, the Toowoomba Clydesdales, playing in the Queensland Rugby League - was thought to be one club against the move.

But Gallop said the Broncos had suggested they would not block the move.

"I think they've pretty much indicated while they've got some differences with the concept they're not going to stand in the way," Gallop said.

© 2006 AAP

Happy with the concept, but will this just be an exercise to increase the playing strength of Belrose....again, to the detriment of all the other teams competing in those competitions. Ask yourself why 5 teams left the Manly competition to go it with NS Juniors, ie Hornsby (the year after they made the Grand Final with Cliffy being Capt/Coach of the side) then to have their players poached and then unable to field a team in 1st Grade for the first time in 85 years.

Great if they are fair dinkum about the processes, but I'm scared!

the storm being on the coast is going to keep cc juniors at home. whats this mean for manly hm and sg ball when over the last few years hemming, harrison, fitzsimmons, botham,bennett and parry have all been major players in manly junior teams. not sure there will be to many more players heading to manly, or anyone else.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4