The " Back up Plan"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark the two halves I would recruit would be
Half - Kane Elgey
5/8 - Maloney

Option B
Half Elgey
5/8 Jamie Lyon

Option B is not a bad idea if I am not mistaken Jamie Lyon played 5/8 for us in the 2008 Grand final and had a top game in that position.. I actually like him there as he has lost the genuine pace he once had. He is a natural footballer and think this might actually suit him better than centre in the twighlight of his career.

OPTION B opens up other doors.

WE would than need to recruit a centre rather than a 5/8. That being the case I would be going for
1. Hopoate - This Brings him back home where he belongs, Hoppa is a Manly man !!
2. Dane Gagi - A superb young Talent

As for forwards we have to try and get Tom Burgess and get Darcy Lussick back also !!

The 2million PLUS we will save on $DCE & Foran should be enough to at least by two quality props $400-500k each another Rookie half back $150-200k and a quality centre in Hoppa's case id imagine that would be around 600-700k per season. That's under 2 million dollars..

BRING IT ON I SAY !!

Mark the two halves I would recruit would be
Half - Kane Elgey
5/8 - Maloney

Option B
Half Elgey
5/8 Jamie Lyon

Option B is not a bad idea if I am not mistaken Jamie Lyon played 5/8 for us in the 2008 Grand final and had a top game in that position.. I actually like him there as he has lost the genuine pace he once had. He is a natural footballer and think this might actually suit him better than centre in the twighlight of his career.

OPTION B opens up other doors.

WE would than need to recruit a centre rather than a 5/8. That being the case I would be going for
1. Hopoate - This Brings him back home where he belongs, Hoppa is a Manly man !!
2. Dane Gagi - A superb young Talent

As for forwards we have to try and get Tom Burgess and get Darcy Lussick back also !!

The 2million PLUS we will save on $DCE & Foran should be enough to at least by two quality props $400-500k each another Rookie half back $150-200k and a quality centre in Hoppa's case id imagine that would be around 600-700k per season. That's under 2 million dollars..

BRING IT ON I SAY !!

You want 2 pay quality props 450k and hoppa 600-700k if hoppa wants that he won't be playing for us. Quality props will demand and receive a lot more than that.

JWH would be a great pick up for us. Steal him back from Roosters. Best thing about that is that we developed him and he is pretty much a Manly junior so technically we arent poaching one we are getting one back.

JWH would be a great pick up for us. Steal him back from Roosters. Best thing about that is that we developed him and he is pretty much a Manly junior so technically we arent poaching one we are getting one back.
JWH re signed with the chooks. They'll only let him go when he's past it.

I would like us to purchase a couple of front-rowers, and a half. It's stating the obvious, but we really need Foran to re-sign as the talent off contract next year is not flattering.

Give me Tom Burgess, JWH, Dylan Napa or Darcy Lussick
Maybe Sika Manu for aggression.
Throw in Elgey or Sezer (not both please; we are not the Manly Titans).

A team like this could compete for a premiership.

Snake
Tom T
Hiku
Matai
Taufua

Lyon
Foran

Tom Burgess
Ballin
Dylan Napa
Buhrer
Symonds
Lui

Starling
JSL
Lawrence
Hodges

I strongly believe you cannot overemphasise just how important it is to win the battle in the middle in the opening 20 minutes. Most games are won and lost in the first 20 when the tempo is set and ruck dominance is established; it has a bearing on how the referees interpret the ruck as well. I watched the Melbourne/Saints game last night, and the Storm forwards dominated the ruck and the referees let them slow the play-the-ball down all match, because a precedent had been set early on.
cant argue with most of this.

He's going nowhere. They are the bottomless salary cap money pit Rorters you know.

I didn't say he would leave (unlike us they are a professional outfit that will do whatever it takes. ) I was just saying he isn't signed yet.

I think one of the big reasons we won in 2008 was a front row of Josh Perry and Brent Kite. Both players were bought from other clubs, and I think it's time Manly go searching for big powerful props in the market again.

I've come around to the idea of Lyon at 5/8 given the speed he appears to have lost, and move Hiku into the centres where he can be better utilised. Then we just need to keep Foran, and sign a young prospect like Elgey.

I don't think Sezer is the answer; he is a running 5/8 with a limited skill set. He'd be good outside a guy like DCE, but he is not the kind of player to steer a team around the park.

Should we try to nab Kade Snowden for next year? He's off contract and could be Josh Perryesque...

It might be just me but it grates on me how he is treated like a roosters breed player...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8