The annoying Media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
It is obvious that hacks like Rothfield and Co. Has a story commitment to fulfill and being the off season they find it best rehashing garbage instead of doing what they are paid for and actually tapping into their contacts to unearth new stories.

It is also abundantly clear that they (newsltd) is pandering to their mass readership by printing the anti Manly stories. This sells more papers as well as engaging their non paper omline audience.

The anti Manly feeling in the News media is because we (Manly) supporters buy more Fairfax papers hence the need to engage us online by printing garbage enraging us to reply. By doing this we increase their online audience. I guess that is what they wanted in the first place.

My advice is not to engage with these hacks and don't even give their rubbish any traction on our site. Let them earn our audience.

I cancelled my Courier Mail subscription about 4 years ago, and NEVER open and read a Terrorgraph article, just refuse to do so.

The Manly world would be a better place if we all did the same

Last edited:
The News limited empire have wanted to crush our club since we defied them and stayed loyal to the NRL in 1995 during the super league war.

Ever since our club is attacked regular as clock work driven by a hack who has a grudge against our club because our club has inflicted so much pain on his club in big games.What this hack will never recover from!

What Rothtool never mentions is that in 1983 when his precious club went bust a certain injection of funds from Arko kept them afloat when all seemed lost.

Manly is news and to news limted a chance to slander our club cause we defied them all those years ago and continue to do so!

We (the club) should just put a ban on speaking or leaking anything to them...make it public that we will not feed the scum bags and anything written/published is just bullsh1t....Really we don't need them and their ongoing cr@p.

I had a subscription for the Tele last year basically for supercoach purposes so it gave me access to supercoach gold was only $4 a week then in November they informed me that they were upping it to $5 a week
I told them I'll be canceling as I couldn't see any reason why they should up the price
I Cancelled

A tip for people that still may want to read some of the stuff and you've reached the reading limit
On your iPhone just click it to private mode and you will have no limit of reading articles

The only news site I read is SMH and that is it. Whilst there is a fair amount of Anti-Manly rubbish, its not as bad the Daily Trash. At least SMH will post the occasional praise Manly story.

All stars team exclude people on the basis of their race. Isn't this the definition of racism? Do you think if the situation was reversed there would be an uproar?

We (the club) should just put a ban on speaking or leaking anything to them...make it public that we will not feed the scum bags and anything written/published is just bullsh1t....Really we don't need them and their ongoing cr@p.
This is the exact opposite to what the club should do. Having been a newspaper journo and now with 40+years experience in media-related businesses I'd like to suggest that a 'ban' on a media outlet will only egg them on to try to create more trouble. There doesn't have to be any truth for a story to appear - just pick up any of the gossip magazines (New Idea etc.) and you'll see this.
No, the answer is to develop solid working relationships with journos. Feed them good stories. For example, there was a positive story in the Tele today about Luke Burgess. Unfortunately, you'll cop the bad with the good when you deal with the media. Yes, it is quite obvious that there are several Tele journos who are trying to cause trouble for Manly. The best way to deal with them is find out why they have this agenda and try to find a way to modify it.

He's a hack of a journo alright if the newspaper stories he writes are from rumours we create on this forum.

Here is one about our mate Phil.

It appears Fairfax is making Phil a big offer to move from the Tele.

Sources suggest that they will pay him not to publish anything.

Further Rebecca Wilson has entered into negotiations with Alan Jones to do a combined morning show on 2GB for the full 4 hours.

The reason why Phil Rothfield has a red nose is because he has been over using the nasal spray for the erectile dysfunction problem that he has been suffering for years . The only way he can really ever get it up is when Paul Gallon holds the premiership trophy in front of him but unfortunately that is never going to happen

The reason why Phil Rothfield has a red nose is because he has been over using the nasal spray for the erectile dysfunction problem that he has been suffering for years .

I thought it was Bec and not Buzz using the spray.

I had a subscription for the Tele last year basically for supercoach purposes so it gave me access to supercoach gold was only $4 a week then in November they informed me that they were upping it to $5 a week
I told them I'll be canceling as I couldn't see any reason why they should up the price
I Cancelled

A tip for people that still may want to read some of the stuff and you've reached the reading limit
On your iPhone just click it to private mode and you will have no limit of reading articles
i have an andriod phone so i just clear history and cookies as i do on my laptop to continue to read there garbish makes me wonder why i do that anyway ,,,,,

image.jpg
All things Media.
"..Two long coaches..."
Do they mean, the 2 tallest coaches? :)

The long coaches should just shut up for a while. Short coaches have it all over long ones in the brains dept. The NRL need to bring in a height limit ( I suggest about 5' 2"). I feel a lot of Manlys success over the years can be put down to our vertically challenged coaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6