The amount of crap penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
It's like these refs think they are getting paid by the penalty.

Way too many penalties, a lot of them spurious and technical. Penalties for the sake of penalties.

Give it a rest boys!

And while we are at it, can we employ commentators that won't do a load over GI everytime he looks at the ball.

The blokes a gun... we get it.

6/71 said:
And while we are at it, can we employ commentators that won't do a load over GI everytime he looks at the ball.

It's becoming as sickening as the Slater blow fest.

mickqld said:
6/71 said:

And the Souths blow fest. There has been some **** penalties tonight.

The season started so well with refereeing its taken a horrible dive the last few weeks

They are going to the video ref more often, I agree Daniel it's gone backwards the last few weeks.

Having the ex-player in the video ref's 'box' hasn't really done much.

That bulldogs muppet has just turned into another ref. Doesn't put any slant on 'how the game should be.'

eg: symonds non try. (not 100% sure that was bulldogs muppet but just like typing bulldogs muppet)

melbourne storm! (for Ralphie)

mickqld said:
6/71 said:

It has become the season for semen in the commentary box.

On the other hand pretty sure I saw several shoulder charges last night escape any mention at all. I guess that was just a fad.

Matt Rodwell was in the box with Mr Ed when they over ruled the onfield referee to deny Wolfie's possible 8 point try last week.

But when it came to the two disputed tries in that game over obstruction, the video refs said there wasn't enough to go against the onfield referee's decision (Souths' a try, Manly's no try).

You can put ex players in a box but over time they seem to end up just the same as the guys who came through the referees ranks.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
On the other hand pretty sure I saw several shoulder charges last night escape any mention at all. I guess that was just a fad.

Just a fad til one of our boys pulls one out. Then you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be report + penalty.

Seriously Sam Kasiano's shoulder charge made the highlights reel on NRL.com lol.

I don't have time, but I'd love to see a comparison of penalties per game/team versus the actual VALUE of the penalty given to the team that gets the penalty.

For example, we got several quick penalties in a row late in the game against $ouffs, but the reality (as someone pointed out in the match thread I think) was that these penalties benefited THEM more than US!

We were on a roll and in full attack mode: then a lame holding penalty on the first/second tackle a meter out. This benefits the defense immensely: they get a short breather, and more importantly time to organise.... and on the context of that game at that time, every second they burned was also of great benefit. It's a win win situation for a team tenuously holding their lead.

The flip side is penalties given on tackles 4 or 5 when they'd barely made it out of their quarter: this is a MASSIVE benefit to the a team that's just been dominated by our attacking style of defense in terms of the yardage gain and respite given.

I'd like to see a just how many of the 23 (!!) penalties dealt out last week were a helping hand to the team that received them, or a gain of sorts for the team that were penalized. I also wonder if this is a specific tactic employed by teams these days... Kinda like Inglis's controlled face plant (yes, I do believe he's intentionally diving: but I think it's more of an attempt to play the ball quickly than an intentional self spear!)

Thoughts?

I'm sure the NRL haven't included in their training any sort of bias recognition with their whistle blowers or video lurkers. I've posted on this previously and I think it's a real issue, as Manly hatred runs deep in the subconscious. There's obvious bias and there's subconscious bias. There's tests to expose this, but I'm certain that the NRL hasn't a clue.

globaleagle said:
Having the ex-player in the video ref's 'box' hasn't really done much.

That bulldogs muppet has just turned into another ref. Doesn't put any slant on 'how the game should be.'

eg: symonds non try. (not 100% sure that was bulldogs muppet but just like typing bulldogs muppet)

melbourne scum! (for Ralphie)

Thanks GE, all fixed

The GI lovefest last night on Chan 9 was almost sickening, yeah we get it he's going well.

I thought Ray and Gus were almost ready to come in their Mic's last night every time he touched the ball.....if it wasn't for the delay I'd turn them off and the radio on.

First of all the Tom Waterhouse lovefest and now the Inglis lovefest.....wonder who's next???......cough cough I know already .......Billy Slater

hows the scum v raiders game

raiders winger scores, on field ref says its a try, goes to video ref who with nothing conclusive gives it no try.

scum score two minutes later using an obstruction, on field ref says no try and video ref reverses it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6