The Ageing Roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliffy said:
It's not panic stations. When stars get injured just don't throw em back in as soon as is possible. Give some young backs a few games in a row to develop. Give the old legs a bit longer to recover.

Brett hasnt played since October last year, how much longer did he need? he lasted 40 mins.

The first half was a glorious reminder of how good is it when "the band is back together". However that looks like it will be increasingly a rarity.
For all the talk of our young halves we are incredibly reliant on B Stewart.
The cap forced us to let go of his obvious replacement in W Hopoate. I am sorry to say too that we missed Rose and he was good them for with our forwards looking less effectual as the game went on.

We lost due to poor handling by a young player (3 sets of six lost due to replacement fulback), and lack of leadership at a crucial point by young-ish halfback, and experienced dummy half (plenty of time to get set for a field goal following Blair being held up)

DCE is young but also a Queensland and Australian rep player. Foran was very quiet. Plenty of other veterans in the team, yet we played stupidly.

Actually the game reminded me of one against Parra (from memory) where Stewart limped off and we almost blew a huge lead (lucky it was Parra).

While obviously a backline shuffle mid-game is hard but without Stewart I can't see us beating the big teams. It could be he is irreplaceable.

Anyway I am on the pessimistic supporter side so I hope they prove me wrong against Souths. King and Wolf back should help.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4