THE A-LEAGUE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good win against GCU, excellent to finally put one over them. The only shame is that Cullina wasn't there to lose with them.

Juho was superb with the time he had. Did something that most of the team had forgotten how to do - run with the ball!

PetRat was excellent as well. Lavicka said that SFC were very close to announcing a new deal with him as well.

Anyone here going to FTT this weekend?

Agree with all that u said Mark. Was a great performance. Nicky Carle was outstanding. Cannot wait for the tards game. Almost a shame Mus**** wont b there

Just saw that SFC have announced that PetRat has been resigned for another two years, great move by the club. PetRat & Carle in the midfield will cause some headaches for defenders, especially if PetRat keeps up his form of late.

Still need a LM though! (</3 Kisel  :( )

F*** off Melbourne!

The way we snagged that draw was perfect, just when they thought they had it won & Petkovic decided that he'd start playing funny buggers with the Cove. I love it when we break their hearts like that.

Honestly though we should've won that game. We dominated the first half, Byun was very unlucky not to get a goal from that long strike & PetRat blew an absolute sitter.

You could see such a difference in the team once Makela & Cole came on though, played some nice free-flowing attacking football. Makela is the striker we've been needing all year, Bruno is great & all but doesn't have the running ability or positioning of Makela. I can see Carle linking with Makela for goals a lot next year as I'm not sure if a lot of A-League teams can handle that level of class.

Interesting thing I heard as well was that Byun headed straight up the tunnel after being subbed off for Cole. Lavicka also followed him up the tunnel & shook his hand before returning to the sideline, makes me think that we may have seen Byun's last game for Sydney FC (And thank f*** for that).

A great shot of the brilliant Tifo on the night as well;

SFCvTardsTIFO.jpg

Strong rumour going around that Brosque is leaving SFC to go to the J-League  :'(, really hoping that this isn't true. He's our captain & leader in all but official title. I always thought that it was a given that Brosque would be sky blue for the rest of his career.

If the unthinkable happens & he does go, I'd love to see us spluge the freed up cash on Dave Williams or Shane Smeltz (even better).

Hope this isn't true but if the money is good then wouldn't blame him for going. Would love to get Smeltz or wolfie's name sake

Disapointing end to the game today, but results don't really matter at this stage of the season. If you had told me that we would've drew with the sea bogans before the game I would've taken it though.

Pet Rat is coming along brilliantly, which is good news seeing as Brosque is apparently all but gone for 1.5m. I'd like to keep Brosque around for the ACL though if we can, our squad is a bit thin without him & there's not enough time to bring in a replacement before ACL registration closes.

Our squad is starting to shape up nicely for next year though, lots of young talent coming through. I think Brosque's departure forces us to resign Bruno as well as there isn't much available Australian talent in that area.

I'd be very happy seeing us run something like this next year;

-----------Makela-------------
-----------Pet Rat-------------
New LM-----Carle--------New RM/Hiro
-----------McFlynn------------
Jamo---Jurman---New CB---Cole
------------Reddy-------------

Bench: Cazarine, Ryall, Antonis, Hiro/Grant

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295951266[/time]

Well finally we've got some good news & it looks as if Brosque is staying with SFC for the time being. It also seems as if S-Pulse pulled some pretty shady moves when dealing with Brosque, moves that SFC are none to happy about.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/News/194589,sydney-shimizu-tapped-up-brosque.aspx

SYDNEY FC's war with Shimizu S-Pulse stepped up a gear tonight with the club claiming the J.League side went behind their back to tap up star striker Alex Brosque.

Shimizu has been trying to sign Brosque since the transfer window opened at the start of January but all their transfer offers have been rebuffed by the A-League club.

Yesterday Sydney insisted leading goalscorer Brosque would be staying at the club - but so far there has been no word from Brosque to confirm he wants to remain.

Today though Sydney added fuel to the fire by claiming Shimizu had made illegal approaches direct to Brosque without his club's permission in a bid to lure him away.

They claim the club even agreed personal terms with the player and offered him a contract to sign before they had even begun transfer talks with Sydney.

Now they are considering filing a complaint to FIFA over the alleged tapping up.

“A-League clubs have rights in these situations and we will not stand by and let foreign clubs disregard FIFA regulations when approaching our players,” said Sydney FC Vice Chairman Scott Barlow.

A club statement added: \"Japanese club Shimizu S-Pulse have breached and shown disregard for FIFA Regulations in their dealings with Alex Brosque and Sydney FC.

\"It has been confirmed to Sydney FC that representatives of the Japanese club spent time in Sydney several weeks ago where they held discussions with Alex and subsequently agreed to all commercial terms and provided the player with a contract to be executed.

\"It was only last week that Shimizu S-Pulse thought it necessary to approach Sydney FC. When they did make contact they did not seek permission to talk to Alex Brosque but rather make Sydney FC an offer.\"

The club added: \"FIFA regulations clearly state that a club intending to enter into negotiations with a player must request and receive approval from the player’s current club before entering into any negotiations with him if his contract with the present club continues for a period longer than six months.

\"Brosque is a contracted Sydney FC player until the end of the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.
\"Sydney FC is currently considering filing a complaint with football’s world governing body FIFA.\"

Copyright © FourFourTwo Australia . All rights reserved.

Have YOUR say - What do you think about \"Sydney: Shimizu Tapped Up Brosque\"? Tell us NOW in the comment section below.

Interesting stuff. I guess that the report that Shimzu had offered enough to trigger the release clause in Brosque's contract was bogus.

Yeah Reddy has been really disapointing this year. He was fantastic when playing for the Pheonix this year but has really shown his lack of leadership ability with us so far this season. There isn't really much else on the market though so we'll probably stick with him. Vukovich was available for a while & I was disapointed we didn't go after him, though it would probably be pretty hard to unload Reddy atm.

Fox hasn't played in a while now. Matty Jurman has been immense at the back but Keller is still average. Keller is probably heading back to Europe after the ACL so we'll need a new CB. With the Fury going under (Horrible decision by the FFA) I'd love for us to go after Mark Hughes but we'll have a lot of competition from the Roar & Pheonix.

As far as midfielders go, I have heard a strong rumour that Kisel is returning to Sydney. That'd be bloody brilliant because he's the only decent LM we've ever had, but I'd still like to see the international marquee allowance spent on another midfielder to be a foil for Carle. Carle is being asked to do far too much atm & it's stiffling his play. If we can give him the space we did against Perth then he'll be one of the finest CAMs in the A-League without doubt.

My name is Juho Makela
I'm not gunna fail ya
I come from the north...Finland!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet say
Hey gorgeous! What's ya name!?
MYYYYYYY NAAMME ISS.....

Felt that was needed to show how much I liked seeing Juho & Bruno up front together. Bruno played the support role very well & put some nice balls through in the attack. Carle is hitting his straps as well, though I'd like to see him setting up Juho & Bruno more rather than going it himself as I don't think that will work as well against teams with better backlines (Not to mention how poor his finishing was/is).

Penalty kick was disgracefully bad (Both shots) but thankfully Nick Tard got his head in the way to put it away for Carle.

Cole was brilliant. Showed what he has flashed all year & is really taking that spot & making it his. It's a shame we don't have another fullback because I'd prefer to see him in the midfield over McFlynn.

Hiro is coming along nicely, played very well last night. I've hated on him a bit since his signing but part of that is that he uses up a foreign spot. If he was Australian everyone would be singing from the rooftops about what a great signing he was.

We're shaping up very nicely for the ACL. Carle & the Strikers still need to get on the same page, but Bruno & Carle are forming a very nice partnership. Hiro seemed to get a bit lost on the attack as well at times, so hopefully that issue gets fixed up.

All in all, quietly confident about the ACL, but I think things are looking a bit dire for next year. So far we have no CBs signed for next season except for Golec (& he's s**t). I wouldn't be suprised if Keller gets another season thanks to Jurman going to the Roar. We'll have the money to spend up big in defence & midfield (If we let Bruno go we deserve to be s**t). I'd like Hughes from the Fury but there is the issue that he uses up one of our foreign spots which are going to be very tight next year.

Could possibly look something like this?

New FW (Williams, Kofi???)---Bruno---Petrat
Hiro-----Carle-----Kisel
Jamo---Keller---Hughes---Cole
--------Reddy--------------

Necevski, Makela, Ryall, McFlynn

Word is that we're looking at signing Paul Reid from AUFC as well.

Nah we were trying to sign Topor-Stanley but he's resigned with the Jets. Massive cockup.

Jurman is going to the Roar, Foxe is retiring & Keller is only signed till the end of the ACL, so Anthony Golec (Who is pure ****e) is the only center half we have signed for next year.

Word is we are gunning hard for Mark Hughes from the Fury though, would be a fantastic buy. I've heard rumours that we're trying to pick up Dave Williams as well, but not sure how much truth there is to that.

I've heard that Dean Heffernan is coming to SFC for the ACL only but I can't see that happening. He's stated before that he dislikes Sydney & he isn't good enough to win a spot at LB or LM.

Dave Williams signed with SFC until August next year!  ;D

Word is that if the Fury fold he will come to us, but he'll be heading back up there if they should be there next year.

We're unlikely to get Paul Reid until the start of next season as AUFC have thrown a major tantrum & refused to release him after dropping him from the starting 11 for asking for a release. Very childish on their part.

The rumour of Jade North to SFC is getting stronger as well. Makes me die a little inside everytime it picks up speed.

Good for a laugh, Shimizu (J-League club that poached Brosque) is now having their other striker poached by some Bundesliga club (can't remember the team) & are having a whinge to FIFA about it. Sounds very similar to the stunt they pulled with us & Brosque. Karma's a b!#$* when the shoe is on the other foot  :)

The Roar could be in $'s strife as well.

Before I forget good luck to the Mariners this weekend hopefully get one over the Ranga's

Haven't heard that about the Roar, would certainly shake things up big time if it did come out that they were having troubles. Still furious that they poached Matt Jurman away from us though.

Sea Bogans are in some trouble after going down 2-0 in the first leg. Best result I can see for them is playing GCU or the Tards in the GF qualifier.

Go the Gold Coast. Ha ha ha to the tards. Great game this one though. Gold Coast deserved to win however. Great header for the late winner

Haha geeze the Tards blow. Even with their superstar squad going against an unmotivated undermanned GCU team that they have the wood over they still fail to win. It was very Tard-esque of Tardchie to have a whinge about the surface after the game as well, stay classy Melbourne.

Petkovic was an absolute beast at the back for MV though, it's looking good if TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNDDOOOOOOOO gets his spot next year though. Kisel will have field day with him given his scoring record against them.

I'm looking forward to the Tards losing 6 straight in the ACL & getting bundled out, will be good times.

SFC have confirmed their squad for the ACL:
Liam Reddy, Ivan Necevski, Dylan Mitchell (goalkeepers); Sebastian Ryall, Stephan Keller, Matthew Jurman, Andrew Durante, Scott Jamison, Shannon Cole, Nathan Sherlock, Luke Austin (defenders); Terry McFlynn, Hirofumi Moriyasu, Stuart Musialik, Brendan Gan, Dimitri Petratos, Rhyan Grant, Joel Chianese, Jared Lum (midfielders); Bruno Cazarine, Nick Carle, David Williams, Kofi Danning, Mark Bridge, Blake Powell (strikers).

Notable omissions being Anthony Golec (Guessing that means he's gone for next year) & Terry Antonis, who is still struggling with his knee injury I hear.

Petratos is recovering brilliantly from his ankle injury & is apparently ready to play tonight but they wont be risking him. We've still got a few more trials before the ACL starts so there is no reason to get him out there early.

Loving the Durante signing for the ACL, really tightens up our CB stocks. Shame that we don't have him for longer.

On a low note, Edwin Lugt resigned as CEO yesterday. Read into it what you will but I'm very disapointed. Especially as Kamasz is leaving as well. Assuming that Scott Barlow steps into the CEO role (ugh) we now have no director of football operations, brilliant stuff. If the FFA had any sense at all they'll bugger Ben Buckley off back to Tardistan & give Lugt his job on the spot. Football in this country needs a strong, football minded leader & Ben Buckley comes nowhere close to being that.

On a note closer to home, Foxe has retired & Sydney now has only one CB signed for next year (Seb Ryall). We should be pushing hard to get Hughes from the Fury IMO, especially seeing as it now looks like they wont be around next year.

Yep seems plenty is happening at Sydney fc. Not all of it good. Happy like you say Mark with the signings. Durante is a great signing.

Not sure what is going on at board level though. Seems to have been like that from day dot. Someone needs to sort it out asap

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6