The 55th minute

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
At the 55 minute mark in Friday's game, we were absolutely in it. Only behind 22-10 and giving it a real go. At this point:
1. Jamie Lyon is off with his hamstring. I know many of you said he played like rubbish but I think, while a little slower, he tried his guts out and settled the team well as captain.
2. Tom Symonds comes on for the first time in the game. First time? Seriously? And only because Killer is off?
3. Mason and the adopted Burgess are put back on TOGETHER!

I don't think we were that dreadful up til then, the Broncos were just white hot. But I think the 55th minute was the turning point and, while Killer's injury was unavoidable, I'd have to question bench management.

I feel bench management has been a problem since 2013. It contributed to the loss in the GF, which was impacted because of the long term injury to Galuvao and the broken neck to Fa'aoso. I know, same old stories, injuries, forward pass and cheatin' refs, however, the replacements weren't up to it and this was highlighted on how they were used. Since then, we have been a couple of first grade forward's short in depth once again highlighting the inadequacies of the bench rotation.

Everyone here have always complained about bench management .Hasler was always copping it also (never bleeding youth),even when we were the premier team in the competition

I for one have complained about bench rotation.

I rarely, if ever, see any problems in that area.

Hasler would rarely use the whole 10 interchanges and if he did it was in the last minutes. He also kept our 4th replacement on the bench with about 5 mins game time regularly.

Tooves at least uses his a bit more with the odd time someone like hasson or a newby getting only a few minutes at the end.

One thing i thought was how much better we would be off than other clubs who use their 10 interchanges all the time and rely heavily on them.

Next year it would've been great for us if we could wind the clock back and have our 80 minute backrowers again. Buhrer is one, we need to have another at 80 minutes. Maybe Leary?

Plus i would've thought in the Brisbane game a fresh tom symonds would've been a bit of an advantage.

We'll stiffen up a bit when our starting props of Lawrence and Starling can come back.

Whenever that its!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4