The 2012 Jan Davis Memorial tipping competition is now open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do tip against us sometimes but this wasn't one of those times

I need a better start this round, in R1 I started with zero from 5.
I've gone in the NRL comp also and just found out I'm currently ranked 72,968th :huh:
This surprises me somewhat considering my great knowledge of the game ... :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I need a better start this round, in R1 I started with zero from 5.
I've gone in the NRL comp also and just found out I'm currently ranked 72,968th :huh:
This surprises me somewhat considering my great knowledge of the game ... :D

Haha the great old adage the more you know the worse you do. Leanne hasnt let me forget she is currently winning. She had all the mothers group over yesterday and told all them. Their shrill laughs made it hard for me to concentrate at work

That's difficult for sure. There are certainly many advantages to jobs where concentration isn't required (although unfortuantely high pay usually isn't one of them!)

Sheesh

1: None of the favourites have got up so far this weekend.
2: Dragons got thumped, bonus game = no points for me = falling far behind already!
3: Now I remember why tipping comps are weird, I dont wanna cheer for brisbane just because I picked them, cheering for the drongos is just wrong!

How do you guys do it?

I am 2 from 4 so far

I think Leanne is the same hopefully she drops a few more to stop the gloating

Daniel said:
I am 2 from 4 so far

I think Leanne is the same hopefully she drops a few more to stop the gloating

Tis ok Dan, we all think it's a bit sus that the partner of the tipping comp organiser is leading the comp....amirite guys!?!?

guys?

:tumbleweed:

:blush:

(jk, obv..but just to be sure)

Anyway, I vote this returns thread as a sticky!

YAY! Re-stickied! Many thanks :)

I cant believe the Dragons and Roosters loss. Actually thought the Sharks would of done better as well.

We have a new leader.

Joey and SeaEagle63 have taken the lead
http://silvertails.net/tipping-comp/jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition/?comp=7&task=ladder

Hooray!

I mean boo.

Missing the bonus round certainly makes a difference!

5/8 for me this week. Guess that's not too bad, but I could've done with the bonus points. (well we all could've I guess but this is WAR!)

Anyone pick the dogs? How come? Trade secret?

you can see what people picked.

I didn't pick the dogs, I thought the Dragons looked pretty solid in the Charity Shield and the first game, but I guess that more shows us where Newcastle and the Rabbitohs actually are form wise.

I would say not much has changed for the Rabbitohs, they will just try to pile on points and forget about defending.

Knights I think are going to be up and down all year and hard to say what the go is with the Dragons, they still have plenty of good players by my god they need a fullback

More swings in form than usual and a couple of close results in Rnd 1 has made it tough - trying to tip conservatively and based on recent form has not proven to be fruitful so far.

Yea, when it comes to tipping I will barrack for those I tip to win purely for the potential financial reasons. And whilst I always love seeing Manly win regardless when I tip against them it does tear you up, especially hate it when I tip against them & they win, & it is the bonus game.. Oops.

After tipping only 4 winners correct in both rounds thus far, currently in the Australia-wide NRL footytips.com.au tipping I am coming 91,915th out of 166,313 in total, and the overall average score correct for all tippers in that is 8.1 (just over 4 each round) - that's lower than usual I think.

Good luck!

10,721/166313 for me, so not doing too badly there. Still my aim is a free whopper for this week :)

We need to get Dan some more $$$$ if a free whopper is his aim, people!

Kinda a tough round by all accounts, most other comps I've been in the winner averaged just over 50% so hope someone goes better.

foxsports had an article about 7 points to improve tipping, but they were more statements than anything useful.

Hope others will still join, it isn't by no means far too late.

$20 entry fee and +200 cool points!!

globaleagle said:
Hooray!

Most of that Dogs roster are playing for their futures....literally, and des although the weiner that he is, still a good coach.

The only trade secret is that the NRL is the only real pro comp in the world that I know of that any given team can truly win no matter who the teams are, (with few exceptions of the elite teams of Storm and Manly, just keep tipping them you should be fine) and to win tipping or dream team comps being contrarian is a winning formula in a league where underdogs win more often than not.

Joey said:
globaleagle said:
Hooray!

Most of that Dogs roster are playing for their futures....literally, and des although the weiner that he is, still a good coach.

The only trade secret is that the NRL is the only real pro comp in the world that I know of that any given team can truly win no matter who the teams are, (with few exceptions of the elite teams of Storm and Manly, just keep tipping them you should be fine) and to win tipping or dream team comps being contrarian is a winning formula in a league where underdogs win more often than not.

Thanks for that. I look forward to kicking butt for the remainder of this comp! :)

Joey has taken an early lead with 6 points (3 games) lead over equal second and 4 games over equal 3rd.

It's tight, but that is a handy lead early on!

Nice! there is a loooong way to go, but if I can keep picking those bonus point games.......

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6