The 2009 Season where to from here??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just thought I'd open this up for some views, not sure I have one (yet) other than it's going to be a BIG ask for our team to recover from the drama's of the last week or so, at least for the next few weeks.

They may well galvanise together and be stronger as a result.

OR

They may well fall apart and not be focused at all on their game.

I know they are pro's, and I know we have Des (who is a real pro) but this is unchartered territory I beleive.

Your thoughts everyone???

des will go from hiding under the radar to an us against the world mentality.

the court case will last 12 months
we miss brett for 4 weeks they cant resuspend him after that.
we have him for the rest of the season.

my biggest concern is his welfare at the moment and his familys.
you wouldnt meet nicer people and they dont deserve this ****.

It'll be a brand new backline (except Matai) for at least 5 weeks.  No time to get combos ready.  I feel we may leak plenty of points early on mainly because of communication and unfamiliarity.  The opposition will have fun targeting the backs. 

But that's fine, even if we lose, we'll learn something in the end i have no doubt.

It's kind of funny, a big reason to our win last year was the fact we only had 1 debut player and hardly any disruption.  now before a game's been played we're out of 2 wingers and a fullback...  :'(

eggson link said:
It'll be a brand new backline (except Matai) for at least 5 weeks.  No time to get combos ready.  I feel we may leak plenty of points early on mainly because of communication and unfamiliarity.  The opposition will have fun targeting the backs. 

But that's fine, even if we lose, we'll learn something in the end i have no doubt.

It's kind of funny, a big reason to our win last year was the fact we only had 1 debut player and hardly any disruption.  now before a game's been played we're out of 2 wingers and a fullback...   :'(

that is my fear to, a brand new backline is a scary thing to take into a competition where kicks and wrestle dictate the score

I can't wait until he is found not guilty and then has can personally sue gallop and the NRL for wrongly suspending him for 5 matches.  

Gallop is treating him as though he is guilty.  The real story about what happened will come out soon and the media is going to look extremely stupid.

I can tell you for a fact that the parents of the girl involved were seen laughing and joking like they had won the lottery after Brett was taken to the cop shop on Friday night.  

Zero from five would be a disaster that would see us being out of the top four at the end, that would be hard to swallow after being WCC champions just a week ago.

Last season after round 5 we had won 2 games. One of those wins was a tight one over Souths.
I think a lot will calm down in the next week or two. I dont doubt for a minute Des will have the team focussed.

"The real story about what happened will come out soon"

Sorry Tooks, but how is it going to come out if not via the media, and they won't **** on themselves.

Once we beat the Bulldogs, we’ll realise that the game and the team goes on even if Stewart never plays for us again.

tookey link said:
I can't wait until he is found not guilty and then has can personally sue gallop and the NRL for wrongly suspending him for 5 matches.  

Gallop is treating him as though he is guilty.  The real story about what happened will come out soon and the media is going to look extremely stupid.

I can tell you for a fact that the parents of the girl involved were seen laughing and joking like they had won the lottery after Brett was taken to the cop shop on Friday night.  

Tooks, I am clutching at straws here, but is there any real substance to what you are hinting.

I have no doubt that this weeks events will have fired up our team.

We strive under pressure and the chance to post a comfortable win against the lowly Bulldogs will give the boys the chance to vent some frustration and give us supporters some confidence.

Des will have the team under control.

I'm just hoping the board can unite against any injustices the NRL seem capable of laying on us.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Yes I'd be interested as well to know where that came from???

Trust me that it came from a 100% reliable source who are willing to testify to this fact in court. 

We just have to be patient and the matter will be sorted out and I am sure that Brett will be found innocent.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179524.msg210979#msg210979 date=1236747320]
if this is true

I LOVE YOU TOOKEY

Trust me that it came from a 100% reliable source who are willing to testify to this fact in court. 

We just have to be patient and the matter will be sorted out and I am sure that Brett will be found innocent.
[/quote]

tookey link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179524.msg210979#msg210979 date=1236747320]

[/quote]

Tooks, you have given all of us some hope. Lets hope you are right.

tookey link said:

[/quote]

If true I hope that source has been to the cop shop to make a statement

tookey link said:

[/quote]

It always seemed suss that such an incident could happen at Stewie's doorstep. And the father was done for fraud going into the hundreds of thousands. If he's pulled another he should be forced to walk through the corso.

I'm over the media bull**** and will be looking forward to having the last laugh.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179524.msg211002#msg211002 date=1236748555]

[/quote]

If true I hope that source has been to the cop shop to make a statement
[/quote]

They will be involved in Brett's defence don't worry.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6