the 1st report from the Telecrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
show how much Massoud and Kent speculated on the case, if you read the article below

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25164758-23214,00.html

Brett Stewart claims he was too drunk to remember anything
By Josh Massoud and Paul Kent
March 10, 2009
Manly full-back Brett Stewart was so drunk he cannot remember allegedly attacking a teenage girl but witnesses claim the footballer had to be pulled off the 17-year-old.

Police witnesses told The Daily Telegraph Stewart exited the taxi that had ferried him home from Manly's season launch and crash tackled the girl. Shocked onlookers said they had to pull him off the girl, who had been smoking a cigarette outside her home.

The Daily Telegraph has learned the diabetic Manly star was so drunk he could not immediately remember what took place.

Sources close to the inquiry revealed Stewart had consumed so much alcohol beforehand that he was unable to recall details of the alleged incident when taken into custody by police about 8pm last Friday.

When asked to confirm the allegations, his lawyer Geoff Bellew replied: "I am unable to comment about that because it's a matter of client privilege."

But Mr Bellew denied suggestions Stewart had declined to be interviewed because he was too drunk. "That's absolutely, totally wrong," he said.

Stewart has since denied allegations that he sexually assaulted the girl at a North Manly apartment complex.

As the investigation continues, it emerged the Sea Eagles are also considering defying the NRL's wishes and a groundswell of public opinion by playing Stewart - even if he is charged by police.

Chief executive Grant Mayer refused to comment on his future.

"There's no doubt that if things progress throughout the week the board will meet and discuss it. At this stage it is an allegation," he said.

Privately, the club has already sought legal opinion and was told the NRL has no legal standing to ban Stewart from playing.

If charged, it is understood the Sea Eagles are prepared to continue playing him until he faces court, as other players have done in the past.

The NRL's stance on whether players should be stood down depends heavily on the players response to the accusations - in this instance, Stewart has denied the accusation.

NRL boss David Gallop said: "If it was a clearly established fact that a player had committed a sexual assault he would not be playing."

Stewart declined to be interviewed after being arrested and was released without charge.

The 24-year-old had spent the entire afternoon at Manly's 2009 season launch, where he was spotted drinking heavily with team-mates.

He returned to the complex - where he also lives - in a taxi about 7.30pm. The girl and her father, both of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, have said she was smoking a cigarette at the front of the complex when Stewart arrived.

Stewart was later arrested and taken to Dee Why police station. He made his first appearance since Friday at Manly training on Monday.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler will name him at full-back for Saturday clash against the Bulldogs on Tuesday.

His on-going selection comes as the Balmain Tigers stood down five NSW Cup players who allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman on the Sunshine Coast after a trial match two Saturday ago.

The Daily Telegraph understands all five players have been put on ice until the outcome of the investigation.

wow. had to be pulled off the girl huh.

c:\programfiles\lawsuit\initiate

[ENTER] . . . .

Read the other one that Rebecca Wilson did (another thread)....oh my god how inaccurate was that.

I hope he can sue the **** out these arsehole reporters. Typical of the blatant sensationalist lies that these 2 bit journalist hacks throw up. Wilson Kent Massoud and others ought to be round up and made to apologise face to face to the Stewart family but these gutless maggots wouldn't have the stomach for it.

heres what ive seen from my little fishbowl in melbourne:

CHANNEL 9 MELBOURNE - THE 6PM NEWS ON THE SUNDAY THE STORY BROKE:

HEADLINE NEWS AT THE BEGINNING OF AFL SEASON, AND JUST WEEKS AFTER BLACK SATURDAY WHICH DOMINATED HEADLINES FOR A GOOD 5 MONTHS.

CHANNEL 9 MELBOURNE - THE 6PM NEWS TONIGHT
no mention of the case.

MY HATRED OF GTV 9 MELBOURNE CONTINUES WITH ITS BIAS TOWARDS BEING ANTI NRL (the gf is only the second game live this season behind the storm v broncs at the nrl opening of aami park). Any time a rugby league player puts a foot out of line it cracks headlines (matty johns, myles, jason taylor, and the proven innocent brett stewart), anytime something great happens with our sport it doesnt even find its way into Tony "poofhead" Jones' crappy sports report.

but i wont keep whinging, i am sure you sydney lads dont give a ****.

but everyone at TDT can suck a dick too.
tomorrow will be an interesting issue however, lets see who or who doesnt reneg.

My mother is a journolist.

She often says "we're journolists, we invent the truth".

ps. i might also add she is a very unbiased reporter. no bias from me either but i can see how some big heads take the ball and run with it.

Kent rolled over and apologised to bellyache on the matty johns show after he wrote an article saying theres no way the coach didnt know about the rorting.

So maybe he'll man up again and do the same for brett if they cross paths.

a bit harsh i know, but f me dead, this sort of journalism (though can it be called that?) that sways public belief during an open court case should be a crime.

If anyone has a published copy of that article then it can be used in a court of law in a slander case.

Journalists Motto: "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Say no more apart from "Arseholes"

There's no way any of these cretins will make an apology......don't you know "they were just doing their job at the time".

The whole way news is treated (at every level) in this country is a joke, bad news sells papers and make people watch TV news....good news sells nothing.

Do your self a favour and buy any major paper and see if you can find a good news story anywhere in the first 7-10 pages.......occasionally you'll get one....but most of the time it's bad news.

From my perspective I,

Believe nothing of what I hear

Some of what I read

Some of what I see on TV

And I'd say on average there's less that 10% fact in what you read or see in the media.

A sad state of affairs isn't it?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4