That was pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We won't be defending our title if that is the best footy we can come up with, we'll be cannon fodder come finals time.

Orford was back to his usual cross field running best, panic passing and hitting Robbo at second man 10m behind everyone else. I bet he was dancing on the inside when he finally got the timing right on one on that scrum base move....Hallelujah. Kicking game ordinary again apart from one or two grubbers.

Got sick the death of seeing Ballin running out of dummy half and dumping it back inside to a flat footed foward. Must have happened 100 times.

We had enough ball and field position to put 50 on those bunch of nuffies and what did we come up with ? a last ditch win on the back of a couple of generous refereeing decisions. We looked like headless chooks.

T Williams is now officially the new Tony Iro. He has got nothing and doesn't even look interested in getting his jumper dirty.

Only highlight was that hit Choc put on Mannah, unfortunately he came off second best.

We were poo with a capital P, but at least we beat the Sharks. I couldn't have made it through this week had we lost that.

Tony Williams is, has been, and will be crap as a footballer. Release him, get JWH to quit out of his contract with The Roosters ALA Nathan Smith for Canberra, and Luke Lewis with The Tigers.

Re-sign him.

At least he looks like he has a bit of heart.

It wasn't the prettiest football tonight to much crossfield running that has to be addressed by des we can't play semi final footy in this manner.

Only positive I can take is that we were not that impressive at the same time last season.  But we were very ordinary tonight, it was very frustrating. 

We got the two points but it could of easy gone the other way. If that game was anything to go by then we have a lot of hard work a head of us.

Once again poor options close to the line and our attack seems to break down in parts and lose direction, not enough set plays we should have put at least another 3-4 tries against them. Saying that we did have Choc,Perry,Wolfman & Stewart all backing up and adding to that Matai,Rodney & Co out didn't help.

Yep disgraceful display.

In saying that 5 blokes didn't train with the team all week and we lost bailey. That is about the only positive sin I can put on that effort.

A shocker.  Ryan if you think getting JWH back would be a godsend  then you didn't see the game tonight.  He was useless.  Dropped the ball, try to the Sharks, non existant tackling.  His shoulder charges are just stupid and highlight his poor tackling technique.  We looked tired, disorganized and lost ground when Orford went wide.  Only once did it work.  Big Tony is lazy and just can't seem to run hard  and bust tackles like people predicted.  Only one break and that was from Stewart.  Princess and Rose went OK.  Choc and Glenn toiled hard.  Robbo didn't attack the ball and it was left to bounce too many times.  Orford lived up to my opinion of him (insert your own opinion).  We had enough ball to put thirty on them and that lazy winger let them in for the easiest of tries at the death.  Pathetic.  The Knights will drool thinking of us next week.  We better improve and fast.       

it was an average game.

Dessie gave them a spray at half time. if we played any top 8 team with that display, we would have got beat. Lucky to get away with the 2 points there.

The sharkies had nothing to lose and tried hard.

Ony positive i can get was Foran  and rose had a dig and we kept them scorless for the 2nd 49mins.

Dead set....Pathic.....? We won?
Pathetic My arse....
2 points is 2 points
Onwards and upwards
MY GARDEN SHED......................

vidmar link said:
Dead set....Pathic.....? We won?
Pathetic My arse....
2 points is 2 points
Onwards and upwards
MY GARDEN SHED......................

Yeah righto... we managed to scrape a win against one of the poorest teams in the comp. That's something to get really excited about.

If we continue to play like that we will get flogged by any semi-decent teams.

2 points is 2 points but it will be next to worthless if we can't fix some glaring problems.

Well I guess we can start by dropping T Williams when Matai plays. He's terrible in defence and has no idea in attack. He'll get better but hopefully in U20s rather than first grade.
The thing that dissapointed me most was the defence down the wings. Wolfman will continue to be targeted and so will Tony if he's there. But some of their tries we're a bit miraculous, e.g. that one where Wolfman took their winger over the sideline and he got a ball back in for a try.

Otherwise it wasn't a good performance but I wasn't that dissapointed with it tbh.

What happened to Rodney and Bailey?

The worst things were our defence - everytime they were in our 20 they scored! Sharks biggest problem all year has been not being able to score...

And all the stupid dropped balls. Hold onto the stupid thing!

In the second half we stopped dropping it as much and that meant we had all the ball.... which showed our third problem - freaking scoring tries.

It wasn't the prettiest win but the Sharks are an excellent team defensively. We scored 32 points against them - only one team this year has scored more against them (the Cowboys got 34 points in round 6).

And some of their tries were truly remarkable - no way you can defend the try where Ferguson flicked it infield while he was basically sitting in the 5th row of the stands.

Not a pretty win. But it's put us back into the top eight.

We were always going to struggle. The writing was already writ on how we are going by the biggest loss in 4 years last weekend, and no excuses - the Drags had plenty out too. That just shows we have a depth issue and really doesn't relate to how we could perform with our near full team

Take that number of players backing up from Wednesday and combinations fractured for 3 weeks and it was always going to be tough. I'll take the 2 points any day and the fact we gritted out the win after half time says something.

A good test will be the Knights at Bluey and I believe we will give them a great run, if not a complete pasting. If we don't beat the Tigers the following week or perform poorly then we can probably guess that this year will be a struggle.

We were dreadful against the Bunnies last year at ANZ and yet mounted a solid surge to the Premiership and there is no reason we couldn't do it again. Trust in Des to sort it out.

DSM5, I agree. JWH was rubbish as well. I guess I was looking at the lesser of 2 evils. BOTH deserve to go.

Tony Williams single handedly cost us 3 tries. He looks and is docile in every single way. How can a bloke that size be so soft?

Am I the only one who gets frustrated with his lumbering, loping runds when he gets the ball?

Up there with the worst winger to ever play for Manly, and I don't have confidence with him in the forwards either. I'd rather we had sign Glenn Hall to another contract.

Nope, I'm not happy with this slug.

we really missed matai and Robbo also cost us a couple of tries with his positioning, Brett would have gotten to the try they scored off that kick

Ryan link said:
DSM5, I agree. JWH was rubbish as well. I guess I was looking at the lesser of 2 evils. BOTH deserve to go.

Tony Williams single handedly cost us 3 tries. He looks and is docile in every single way. How can a bloke that size be so soft?

Am I the only one who gets frustrated with his lumbering, loping runds when he gets the ball?

Up there with the worst winger to ever play for Manly, and I don't have confidence with him in the forwards either. I'd rather we had sign Glenn Hall to another contract.

Nope, I'm not happy with this slug.

It's true, Williams is rubbish and clearly isn't ready for first grade this year. Farrah has to go to wing when Matai is back, I don't care if he's half Williams size he's much better than Williams.

i'D TAKE THE TWO POINTS. THEYRE TOO VALUABLE.

The team should learn from this game. Turn up ready to play and give it your very best.

Anyway the sharks only play 2 good games each and every year (against St George and against us), they have played their grand final. Ours is a few months away

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6