• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
285105_10150270574149456_800469455_7419983_3856568_n.jpg

They should just do away with the momentum rule. If the ball is caught in front its a forward pass. All it means is that players will make more effort to pass backwards.

the decisions all night were diabolical. On the set of their last try there was clear knock on, I think on tackle 2. What about when snake tackled Chris Lawrence into touch?

Blake said:
They should just do away with the momentum rule. If the ball is caught in front its a forward pass. All it means is that players will make more effort to pass backwards.

That would not work. There was a long thread devoted to this topic including a Physics 101 primer not that long ago.

As Des said after the game, the forward pass was not the reason we lost. (Even though in one way it was!)

you reckon we were hard done by, watch Anasta's pass against the dogs. From where the ball left to where it was caught was at least 3 meters in front.

We still had the lead after this try. If it was the wrong decision (and it appears that it was), it should have steeled us to defend even harder in the last 15. Instead we conceded a try almost instantly. That's why we lost, and that's what Des will be telling the players.

willstyles said:
We still had the lead after this try. If it was the wrong decision (and it appears that it was), it should have steeled us to defend even harder in the last 15. Instead we conceded a try almost instantly. That's why we lost, and that's what Des will be telling the players.

Absolutely!!!

We didn't lose because of another forward pass, we lost because we got caught out in defence.

Not to mention Lyon kicking on the first tackle inside their half with a minute to go.
It just wasn't going to be our night, it had that smell about, you could see it the way the players were hanging off Marshall, waiting to see his move

anthonyb1965 said:
willstyles said:

Absolutely!!!

We didn't lose because of another forward pass, we lost because we got caught out in defence.

We may have had the lead but the tigers had all the momentum after this try. Granted our defence wasn't good enough to stop this try, but the fact is, it wasn't a try. You can see the touch judge running next to the guy that caught the ball, how the **** did he not see that it was forward.

I don't mind a few dodgy calls throughout the year as they normally even up, but I don't recall too many decisions that have won us games this year. I can count 3 tries that have gone against us that were **** decisions, Cowboys Souths and Tigers

Jerry1 said:
He was standing still mate or just about.

agree. he seemed to stop and pass so there would be no excuse for it going forward. i also agree that it wasn't the reason we lost but if it was called correctly the rest of the game would have been different- but not necessarily the result.

I can't see how it didn't cost us the game. Yes, our defence was poor, yes, we took some dumb options, but that gave all the momentum to the Tigers which is a big thing in a game of football. But the more important, and most obvious, point is we lost by two, last time I checked tries were worth four.

MPC75 said:
anthonyb1965 said:
willstyles said:

Absolutely!!!

We may have had the lead but the tigers had all the momentum after this try. Granted our defence wasn't good enough to stop this try, but the fact is, it wasn't a try. You can see the touch judge running next to the guy that caught the ball, how the f**k did he not see that it was forward.

I don't mind a few dodgy calls throughout the year as they normally even up, but I don't recall too many decisions that have won us games this year. I can count 3 tries that have gone against us that were s**t decisions, Cowboys Souths and Tigers

Don't forget the 2 in the knights game, the forward pass in the Dragons game , any more ?

Gotta be honest here - that 2nd half was pretty poor & though a foward pass, Farah had sliced through untouched. Point is that same dummy he throws every 2nd time he touches the ball should have landed him in hospital - the defence was in tatters & that 2nd half was all 1 way traffic. Its like this - refs dont like us - opposition fans hate us - other teams lift hate/respect us but when the Seaeagles play like they did in the 1st half theres nothing the OTHERS can do except hate more, & i love it. Certainly got the call wrong but truth is a poor 2nd half lost that game.

Given Farah had essentially stopped when passing, it was well forward. But given the horrific video ref decisions this year, I was shocked when the no try early in the game wasn't given BOD against us.

Oldfield's indecisive read to let Farah through was a shocker. He needs to build confidence in lower grades. He'll be eaten up every time until that changes. His speed places few limits on where he could go, but he needs some mongrel confidence about him to back himself and his speed - to seek domination.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
MPC75 said:
anthonyb1965 said:
willstyles said:

Absolutely!!!

We may have had the lead but the tigers had all the momentum after this try. Granted our defence wasn't good enough to stop this try, but the fact is, it wasn't a try. You can see the touch judge running next to the guy that caught the ball, how the f**k did he not see that it was forward.

I don't mind a few dodgy calls throughout the year as they normally even up, but I don't recall too many decisions that have won us games this year. I can count 3 tries that have gone against us that were s**t decisions, Cowboys Souths and Tigers

Don't forget the 2 in the knights game, the forward pass in the Dragons game , any more ?
The worst for mine was the Illawarra game after correctly having 2 no tries against us they got Manly's end for almost the 1st time - desperate cross field kick on last knocked on by Illawarra. After 15 video replays a green light?? Difference with the Illawarra call, it changed the momentum of the game - imo the Tigers were finishing all over us Fri night & looked likely to score though was another refs blunder...

MK Eagle said:
Gotta be honest here - that 2nd half was pretty poor & though a foward pass, Farah had sliced through untouched. Point is that same dummy he throws every 2nd time he touches the ball should have landed him in hospital - the defence was in tatters & that 2nd half was all 1 way traffic. Its like this - refs dont like us - opposition fans hate us - other teams lift hate/respect us but when the Seaeagles play like they did in the 1st half theres nothing the OTHERS can do except hate more, & i love it. Certainly got the call wrong but truth is a poor 2nd half lost that game.

Have to agree. Watching the game on TV, I didn't immediately think the pass was forward. I did, however, think our defence was diabolical. Benji and Farah were tearing us apart, and we were simply standing around and watching the show.

Just guessing here, but if we frame by frame DCE's pass to snake in the first try it may look similar

The two forward pass tries from Jarryd Hayne in the game at Brookie.

All of these bad calls are similar. When the ball carrier almost stops as he passes, the officials seem to still be reading that as legal momentum forward passes (what you see when the passer and catcher are running at full speed).

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4