That loss puts a smile on my face

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
We go to FNQ, with busted troops, Cows are full strength, and we put it to them. There was talk of them racking up 50, but we put them to the sword, just fell a bit short to the Premiers. No wooden spoon for us, I'm thinking 5 on the trot from here! Maybe we escaped further injuries? I'm proud of the boys tonight

Can not take away the effort from the boys, DCE and Tom awesome. Tom another try assist and big meters, DCE a try assist, a try and big running meters and a near perfect kicking game. DCE showed up JT tonight all ends up. The big boys wow!!!! Fonua-Blake has a future, Vave needs to be resigned if we lose him I'm going to be very very angry. Tom and Jake have a nice little combo going also, nice inside balls and Jake has a great ball playing side and an offload. I don't know what everyone thinks about Api but he IMO looks a much better attacker, and has a lot more to him than Parcell. But on the other side he got rolled by Jason T in defence and his ball distribution wasn't up to scratch. Parcell much better ball movement and defence but ATM I prefer Api, great attacking display by him. Maybe Api to hooker and Parcell off the bench as utility. Marty Kapow and D Lussick I liked the way they carried the ball and hit in defence, some poor misses. Walker and Tafua rocks and diamonds mainly rocks from Jorge but walker had some good runs and crucial errors but also good in defence. Walker is really struggling due to lack of combos getting the ball in bad positions. Back to DCE how good does he look running the ball, signing Blake green is a must, he will be better than Lyon in attack and won't get walked around in defence. But see what DCE can do with a good 5/8 with him allowing him to do what he is best at running! All in all great game from the boys, but if we don't beat dragons questions will be asked!

I'm glad they showed a bit of ticker but we came even closer to winning this corresponding game last year and we leaked 30 points.

Can not take away the effort from the boys, DCE and Tom awesome. Tom another try assist and big meters, DCE a try assist, a try and big running meters and a near perfect kicking game. DCE showed up JT tonight all ends up. The big boys wow!!!! Fonua-Blake has a future, Vave needs to be resigned if we lose him I'm going to be very very angry. Tom and Jake have a nice little combo going also, nice inside balls and Jake has a great ball playing side and an offload. I don't know what everyone thinks about Api but he IMO looks a much better attacker, and has a lot more to him than Parcell. But on the other side he got rolled by Jason T in defence and his ball distribution wasn't up to scratch. Parcell much better ball movement and defence but ATM I prefer Api, great attacking display by him. Maybe Api to hooker and Parcell off the bench as utility. Marty Kapow and D Lussick I liked the way they carried the ball and hit in defence, some poor misses. Walker and Tafua rocks and diamonds mainly rocks from Jorge but walker had some good runs and crucial errors but also good in defence. Walker is really struggling due to lack of combos getting the ball in bad positions. Back to DCE how good does he look running the ball, signing Blake green is a must, he will be better than Lyon in attack and won't get walked around in defence. But see what DCE can do with a good 5/8 with him allowing him to do what he is best at running! All in all great game from the boys, but if we don't beat dragons questions will be asked!

Personally I thought Api was much better than Parcell in defence. Although Api throws some ugly passes, they are still very effective and he really creates options. Tonight was easily the best we have looked in attack this year because the boys decided to play some footy off the back of offloads and Api popping up like a jack-in-the-box around the ruck. This was a team effort in attack, unlike the Panthers game where a bit of Walker magic racked up the points.

He looked gassed towards the end and although he kept putting in, I think that's the time Parcell should come on for a 15 minute cameo and just RUN because that's about all he is good at.

As far as losses go, this wasn't too bad.

For the most part, we seemed to defend pretty well against the reigning premiers, and also caused problems in attack.

It doesn't excuse the majority of our other 10 losses in which we served up absolute garbage, but hopefully we can have a decent second half of the year with no more injuries.

Personally I thought Api was much better than Parcell in defence. Although Api throws some ugly passes, they are still very effective and he really creates options.

I was thinking this too.

I can't say I noticed it on screen, but perhaps the fact that we weren't leaking huge metres and soft tries through the middle says something about the players who were missing.

It could just be that in such a key position, Parcell's defence isn't as good as it should be for a starting #9.

I was thinking this too.

I can't say I noticed it on screen, but perhaps the fact that we weren't leaking huge metres and soft tries through the middle says something about the players who were missing.

It could just be that in such a key position, Parcell's defence isn't as good as it should be for a starting #9.
Yes api organises a lot better

Parcell misses 1.3 tackles per game on average. Api misses 3.3 per game.

You know, although Api is the one who's played in the halves I'm starting to think that with his speed, passing game and defence, it might be worth taking a look at Parcell playing 5/8 at some point.

Personally I thought Api was much better than Parcell in defence. Although Api throws some ugly passes, they are still very effective and he really creates options. Tonight was easily the best we have looked in attack this year because the boys decided to play some footy off the back of offloads and Api popping up like a jack-in-the-box around the ruck. This was a team effort in attack, unlike the Panthers game where a bit of Walker magic racked up the points.

He looked gassed towards the end and although he kept putting in, I think that's the time Parcell should come on for a 15 minute cameo and just RUN because that's about all he is good at.
Api better that Parcell in defence - that'll do me. I don't get your dislike of Parcell. You are entitled to your opinion of course mate, but Api's service from dummy half is rubbish, he put DCE under pressure so many times. He misses way more tackles (better tonight than normal), and doesn't have the speed around the ruck of Parcell.

Api will always do one or two quality plays that grab attention, but that comes with a number of bad plays as well.

Api might fall off the odd tackle more often than Parcell but our middle looked a lot tighter tonight than it has all year against the best attacking side in the competition.

It's not just about tackle effectiveness, it's about structure in the middle in defence and it looked better tonight.

Overall i saw some improvement tonight. We did very well against a team that is in the Top 4.

Api better that Parcell in defence - that'll do me. I don't get your dislike of Parcell. You are entitled to your opinion of course mate, but Api's service from dummy half is rubbish, he put DCE under pressure so many times. He misses way more tackles (better tonight than normal), and doesn't have the speed around the ruck of Parcell.

Api will always do one or two quality plays that grab attention, but that comes with a number of bad plays as well.
Because he has done jack **** and he is everyone's poster boy. He ran fast after a few balls in the 9's and scored a try in reserve grade on the tv and all of the sudden he is the heir to Cameron Smith - that'll do me!

Look, he is not without potential but tonight we finally started to look like a threat with the ball instead of this constant no frills dishing off that Parcell does. Then he'll run and get caught out by the markers and that's about it for 80 minutes and I've put up with it all year and it bores the **** out of me.

Not having a go at you personally but I don't understand the wraps this guy has been getting.

We go to FNQ, with busted troops, Cows are full strength, and we put it to them. There was talk of them racking up 50, but we put them to the sword, just fell a bit short to the Premiers. No wooden spoon for us, I'm thinking 5 on the trot from here! Maybe we escaped further injuries? I'm proud of the boys tonight
One tree does not build a forest, still let in 30 points.

Well said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4