THAT call

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
People can claim it was a brain snap from Kapow, but here's my 5c worth...
*This tackle happens 30 - 40 times a game without being called out...
*If the attacking option keeps his feet rather than the spectacular reverse triple somersault - no penalty.
The worst part for me was the ball was already knocked on & the major offence here was a shocking Robson Forward pass !!
To be honest, the tackle Off the ball was enough reason to blow the whistle , though again....happens EVERY game with no such action.
Truth is - should have put this game to bed well before & not given room for the officials to hand it over to Eels.

Yep, we had plenty of opportunity to win that game and our over paid offensive leader was incapable of setting up a win, after long, long, long periods in their 22m zone.

I don't care how much people love Cherry, he's not worth his money.
you've gotta admit that it would have been a bit difficult for him, nearly every time he was passed the ball a defender or two who run faster than usain bolt(because they were never offside,apparently) was in his face.

Problem with Kapow was that he had the chance to "tone" down that hit even if he was committed to it. He saw the knock on, we all did, all he has to do is pull back and meet French with a bit of a cuddle and it's play on ...Manly scrum and feed. Instead he takes an opportunity to make a statement on a smaller man by putting a big "shot" on, a big tough play to make everyone take notice...including the officials funnily enough. Just dumb with a capital D. Same with Starlings high shot on Moroera, the guy has clearly knocked it on but you want to take the chance to get a hit in when he is not 100% ready. Another dumb play. Why ?? Parra got under our skin and into our heads and outsmarted us last night, and it was frustrating to watch. Right from the start when Scott and Darcy went at it we let them mess with our heads and we cracked. Instead of playing football we got caught up in the niggle.

I watched the game with my wife *mad para fan.
* highlighted from start parra where leaving in defence well before play the ball off side constantly off side.
* The almost Melbourne niggle in the ruck and slow down of ruck, seems parra get away with blue murder. 3 TO 4 blokes.
* lying down for penalties seriously I am sick to death of guys looking for penalty and parra seen good at it.

you've gotta admit that it would have been a bit difficult for him, nearly every time he was passed the ball a defender or two who run faster than usain bolt(because they were never offside,apparently) was in his face.

Isnt that when the coach is supposed to actually.. you know, coach the side?????
The first half went the same way every single time... we get inside the 20, api gets the ball and passes right, every single time... and every single time he passed it,it was to dce, who had about 3 eels waiting for it... meanwhile tom is standing to apis left screaming for the ball and not once did it go to him...
SURELY barrett sees this and addresses it at the break??? Manly had enough ball in the eels red zone to win 3 games, but when the "give it to dce " plan didnt get points, they had absolutely no idea what to do next...
Gonna be a long month of footy if thats the best we have to offer LOL

Isnt that when the coach is supposed to actually.. you know, coach the side?????
The first half went the same way every single time... we get inside the 20, api gets the ball and passes right, every single time... and every single time he passed it,it was to dce, who had about 3 eels waiting for it... meanwhile tom is standing to apis left screaming for the ball and not once did it go to him...
SURELY barrett sees this and addresses it at the break??? Manly had enough ball in the eels red zone to win 3 games, but when the "give it to dce " plan didnt get points, they had absolutely no idea what to do next...
Gonna be a long month of footy if thats the best we have to offer LOL

Maybe Api had "Zoolander Syndrome" and can only go right?

100% agree though. There were times when Tom was screaming for it and it still went to DCE who didn't want it and just had to take the tackle.

On another note, can Lewis Brown please stop running from dummy half. Everything he ran into the markers for a 2-3m gain!!!!

Maybe Api had "Zoolander Syndrome" and can only go right?

100% agree though. There were times when Tom was screaming for it and it still went to DCE who didn't want it and just had to take the tackle.

On another note, can Lewis Brown please stop running from dummy half. Everything he ran into the markers for a 2-3m gain!!!!
I think youve nailed it... barrett must have gotten things confused.. spending too much time giving the boys lessons in blue steel, and forgot about the football side of things.. maybe next year we can play really really good, instead of just being a really really good looking football...squad

It was very frustrating to watch. Not being able to adjust the game plan when the Eels were racing up on DCE every play. We needed to go left more, even one of the props needed to throw it out the back when running on the left as Tom was just standing there getting no ball.

For me just confirms how much we need a decent 5/8 and better delivery from hooker. Nothing was set up properly in the 20m zone last night, when we needed to go right, the Eels scream up on DCE, sometimes he would catch the ball the same time a defender reached him. Then we needed to go left, and and we had DCE was on the right on no one of the left to ball play.

You look at cows they dont only have thurston, they have morgan, coote, granville who all ball play plus second rowers on each side who can ball play.

We only had DCE who was marked with 3 players all night.

Yep, we had plenty of opportunity to win that game and our over paid offensive leader was incapable of setting up a win, after long, long, long periods in their 22m zone.

I don't care how much people love Cherry, he's not worth his money.

.... and Walker is NOT a 5/8

The game was there for the taking.
We needed somebody to organise the attacking plays and make the correct decisions on the last tackles.
This is DCE's job. I love him and I am with him every game. But this is something plainly obvious....and it is very frustrating to watch

Yup was not a professional fail and first infringement had happened before this. Kapow had no effect on the play it happened after the ball had already been knocked on.

Had it not been knocked on or the ball not thrown forward initially the player would have had the ball when kapow made the tackle.

Should not have been a penalty should have been a scrum to manly

Yup was not a professional fail and first infringement had happened before this. Kapow had no effect on the play it happened after the ball had already been knocked on.

Had it not been knocked on or the ball not thrown forward initially the player would have had the ball when kapow made the tackle.

Should not have been a penalty should have been a scrum to manly
Maybe so Dan. And it was a dumb play by Kapow. Just like the dumb hit by Starling. Together that's a 4 point turnaround in a 1 point ballgame.

People can claim it was a brain snap from Kapow, but here's my 5c worth...
*This tackle happens 30 - 40 times a game without being called out...
*If the attacking option keeps his feet rather than the spectacular reverse triple somersault - no penalty.
The worst part for me was the ball was already knocked on & the major offence here was a shocking Robson Forward pass !!
To be honest, the tackle Off the ball was enough reason to blow the whistle , though again....happens EVERY game with no such action.
Truth is - should have put this game to bed well before & not given room for the officials to hand it over to Eels.

Did anyone notice Melbourne taking out Inglis late in the match tonight ? Similar & comparable to Taupau tackle : only difference : Melbourne were NOT penalised.

And the delivery he has been getting from Api would make Thurston look average, especially if defences are continually rushing him. Its a bit hard when DCE has to reach above or behind himself to get the ball.

Part of Api's problem at dummy half is that he often first takes a step looking to run and then he double pumps before passing. In the time it takes him to actually pass the ball, the defenders are usually about halfway to the target.

Matt Parcell isn't perfect and he does come up with errors sometimes, but damn if his delivery from dummy half doesn't crap all over Api's.

Api may have won a premiership at Souffs and well done to him for doing that. But there was a reason he was only the back up to Isaac Luke and there was a reason he was only a back up to Segeyaro at Penrith.

Last edited:
Problem with Kapow was that he had the chance to "tone" down that hit even if he was committed to it. He saw the knock on, we all did, all he has to do is pull back and meet French with a bit of a cuddle and it's play on ...Manly scrum and feed. Instead he takes an opportunity to make a statement on a smaller man by putting a big "shot" on, a big tough play to make everyone take notice...including the officials funnily enough. Just dumb with a capital D. Same with Starlings high shot on Moroera, the guy has clearly knocked it on but you want to take the chance to get a hit in when he is not 100% ready. Another dumb play. Why ?? Parra got under our skin and into our heads and outsmarted us last night, and it was frustrating to watch. Right from the start when Scott and Darcy went at it we let them mess with our heads and we cracked. Instead of playing football we got caught up in the niggle.
Your hatred blinds you

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4