thankyou silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the site is starting to broaden it's appeal beyond the core group of die hards and overly technical dribble and moving into a new era in line with the start of a refresh in the player ranks.

The core group of fans on this site rode the wave of success from the Delmege years onwards and will now start to slowly fade away from exhaustion, time constraints, a more rounded mature life and starting to lose interest----the new breed will take over and ride the new wave with a different outlook and expectations.

Time for some of us to move aside and make way for the new generation....

Tech head do u need help? Leaving silvertails. You haven't even tried councilling yet.

Tech head do u need help? Leaving silvertails. You haven't even tried councilling yet.
Nah never just stepping aside until i regain some interest again. The game is getting stale in part due to the lack of respect to the rules or not strict enough applying of the rules in fear of coming across as "like Union".

The major problem with league is the penalties are really just to make the odd statement not about continued enforcement of the rules. Coaches can dictate at what stages in the game in some respects they prefer to get inside the 10 penalties or hand on the ball slowing down penalties etc etc by getting rid of their quota at preset time points.

Too many patterns like how often are you going to get a slowing down penalty on the first tackle of a set (it happens but not as often) so you can abuse this and set up a strong off the line dominant tackle on the next tackle as the defence is not moving backwards. LOL then the ref decides ah that is not fair i gave them the benefit of the doubt on the first tackle and now they are benefitting i will be strict and enforce the rule on the third tackle when they probably jumped the gun the previous tackle just as bad lol.

So many other elements i can get into but Coaches and Refs are fighting against each other and killing the game--- i would prefer more latitude in slowing the play the ball down and be strict with enforcing the 10, i don't mind a safe wrestle or double tug at the feet if you tackle low in a dominant fashion to allow time for the markers to get in line while reducing the interchange to increase the fatigue factor.

Next year is going to be a looooong year unless Manly unearth some more power forwards and depth---i can already see DCE copping a fair bit of flack on these forums if our forward depth and quality is the same as this past few years.

^ Couldn't agree more TC. The fluid application of the rules of the game is frustrating at best and borderline cheating at its worst. The lack of consistency in refereeing is a joke.

So many examples of selective application of the rules to suit the time in the game, the field position and of course the score. It really kills the enjoyment of the game these days

^ Couldn't agree more TC. The fluid application of the rules of the game is frustrating at best and borderline cheating at its worst. The lack of consistency in refereeing is a joke.

So many examples of selective application of the rules to suit the time in the game, the field position and of course the score. It really kills the enjoyment of the game these days
Mind you most fans overlook it when their club is performing well we tend to notice it more with our poor performances this year.

Lets just break it all back down, allow a little wrestle and give the tackler some respect and time to get back at marker, i mean F*C% it is like if you make a tackle you are not entitled to get back into marker in many tackles. Reduce the slowing down the play the ball penalties strictly enforce the ten and give it a good 10mtrs and allow a little fatigue by lowering the interchange to create open opportunities for the smaller guys.

Don't work off the premise that fast play the balls makes for a better game it makes for touch football and dummy half running along with one out plays targeting behind marker. If a little latitude was allowed in the tackle less dangerous illegal methods would need to be applied and no need to place a hand on the ball to slow things down also---- you can up your law enforcement quota into other areas or not at all if you are lucky.

I mean this technical physics applied crap about forward momentum causing legal hands facing backwards forward passes F&^k me----- most passes the player passing is actually running sideways or drifting forward at a speed not enough to create 1m of forward momentum of the ball----the science is valid when you have a player screaming down field at pace passing at the same time but not with slow drifting ball players(slow relative to an open field run i mean), if it looks forward in most instances it is forward just simpleton commentators wanting to sound like Physics graduates after only making it to yr 10 and wanting to come across as more smart than they really are----just like that dribbler TC must have an inferiority complex or need to up their dose of antidepressants.

Last edited:
Make them play the ball on the f@%king mark for a start.

If you grass someone with a copybook round the legs tackle, you are entitled to leg pull them around as you get up to make it back to marker. They haven't earned the right to take you out of the play with a quick play the ball, you have earned the right to make them wait for you within reason.

The most comical ones these day are the times when players run behind one of their own in a mixed up decoy play. This is immediatley met with raised hands by the defensive line and the ball carrier becoming paranoid about being percieved to have gained an advantage. Solution in their pea sized brain?? just fall on the ground, no one will notice that you weren't actually tackled, least of all the moron in pink.

So many things wrong, so little time.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Ah thanks. I put a lot of effort into useability, design and overall cross section support. We have had over a decade to hone the site and the effort pays off. I think other fan sites make the mistake of trying to be everything rather than just cover the niche, but I always say a community is a sum of its members which is what makes this site great.

Now I just have to figure out how to keep you all here in the offseason
I've had a ball, it's been so good being involved with so many like minded people I can't wait til next year to enjoy the banter and knowledgeable input from you all, we all share a wonderful bond and I hope this fantastic site can continue on for many years to come, thank you one and all.

The most comical ones these day are the times when players run behind one of their own in a mixed up decoy play. This is immediatley met with raised hands by the defensive line and the ball carrier becoming paranoid about being percieved to have gained an advantage. Solution in their pea sized brain?? just fall on the ground, no one will notice that you weren't actually tackled, least of all the moron in pink.
Here's the play I'm waiting to see:

Attacking Play: There's an accidental obstruction and the player with the ball realises this. To avoid the obstruction penalty, he normally tries to submit to a tackle without gain.

Defensive Response: Refuse to tackle the player, or get involved in any way. Retreat 10+ metres backwards.

Attackers' No-Win Dilemma:
If the attacking player tries to move forward he'll give the obstruction penalty away.
If the attacking player tries to submit or pretend to be tackled, he'll give the voluntary tackle penalty away.
The only option that avoids a penalty seems to be to give away possession without any gain.

Make them play the ball on the f@%king mark for a start.

If you grass someone with a copybook round the legs tackle, you are entitled to leg pull them around as you get up to make it back to marker. They haven't earned the right to take you out of the play with a quick play the ball, you have earned the right to make them wait for you within reason.

So many things wrong, so little time.
You can spot 1000's of these that have built up over the years because we all well most complained in the past of "too many penalties" or "if you don't hear or see the ref it is a good game" references like these laid the platform to a "mob rule" like situation.

I have an old digital cam video way back from when Manly came back after the N/Eagles of Hoppa barely walking back 5mtrs every set right in front of the linesman. Now i know it is not the linesmans job to strictly enforce the rules but the ref could see it happening and most wingers do it to a lesser degree---the old "he is too far away to be of influence" theory is applied----- once again favouring disrespect of the rules thinking the greater good is a low penalty game-----short term gain causing long term consequences.

You can spot 1000's of these that have built up over the years because we all well most complained in the past of "too many penalties" or "if you don't hear or see the ref it is a good game" references like these laid the platform to a "mob rule" like situation.

I have an old digital cam video way back from when Manly came back after the N/Eagles of Hoppa barely walking back 5mtrs every set right in front of the linesman. Now i know it is not the linesmans job to strictly enforce the rules but the ref could see it happening and most wingers do it to a lesser degree---the old "he is too far away to be of influence" theory is applied----- once again favouring disrespect of the rules thinking the greater good is a low penalty game-----short term gain causing long term consequences.
This is a favourite play of wingers everywhere.

Thanks to all involved with this forum.it is great to be able to speak to and hear from members of the Manly family especially when you live outside of Manly. This has been my first year and the only bad point is being accused of being a troll after my first post - this seems to happen a lot with first posts.Once again thanks to all those involved and hope everyone has a great off season after Manly win the under 20s. Go Manly.

This is a favourite play of wingers everywhere.
Yeah i wasn't trying to say Hoppa is alone in this department or trying to suggest it is some elaborate plan but in this instance on cam he was barely walking back 5m more like 3-4m.

Now you can say the winger is so far away from the play it doesn't matter and you don't want a game full of "pointless" penalties but then you fall victim to causing other issues and it becomes a never ending cycle.

So the winger goes back 5mtrs, the centre maybe 8mtrs the central edge defenders 8-9mtrs look more onside than they really are by the effect of others that are way offside.

Part of getting back 10 is to induce fatigue for everyone but also allow halves to think there is space out wide and not the impression that the defenders are already up in that space scaring them off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6