Thanks from a Eagle Rocker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Corso_Pete

Bencher
Premium Member
In the spirit of the week that we have all enjoyed and the anticipation of what is about to occur on Sunday night I thought it only fitting that I offer my gratitude to the site owners and moderators for providing an avenue that provides much enjoyment and on a few occasions anger at the opinions that are aired within these forums.

At times I have wanted to reach through the monitor and strangle the author, but most times I am so inspired by the opinions and humour of the forum regulars. I don’t always agree with the views but they are always backed up with an argument and belief that it is to be respected.

As an outsider to your pages I appreciate the respect that it shown and whilst my heritage may not be to the liking of many here it is something that I will wear as a badge of honour. Like your group the founding members of the Rockers had formed something of online bond on what was the Northern Eagles website, our bond was formed by accident as we became dependent on each other in defending the honour of Manly against the disenchanted North Sydney fans. Their sole intention was to discredit Manly, our sole intention was to defend Manly’s honour. As things happen we met at what was then NorthPower Stadium to watch a Northern Eagle Trial match in 2001. Whatever the origins the one thing that transcends both groups is the love of Manly and the sole desire to see our club succeed.

For those on this site that I have met the pleasure as always been mine, for those that I haven’t I am sure that one day we will.

I know that we will, as one (well excepting Canteen Worker) be chanting Manly at the top of our voices on Sunday night. I for one will be shedding a tear as I live a dream that seemed so such a long way away back in 2001 when our team enter Telstra Stadium at around 7:10pm on Sunday night.

For those that are travelling from far away places on Sunday I trust your journeys are safe and your return journey one that is full of great memories.

Now every sing after me:
Maaaaannnnlllly Maaaaannnnlllly Maaaaannnnlllly Maaaaannnnlllly

Well Said Pete,
Also as a poster from The SeN, Mse The Rockers and here I concur with everything you have said
the owners & Mods have done a terrific job in running this site

Thanks Pete (and BE). I personally don't consider you an "outsider". You have played a valuable role in the site's genesis.

I think we should also make mention of OEE from which this site really evolved and also the excellent effort that Aaron has put into the main MSE website in recent years.

Canteen Worker will be screaming.

Just, nobody will be able to hear him :lol:. Top post mate.

Great post. Pete, a clasped handshake with you after the Souths game said it all. We are brothers to the maroon and white cause. Go you Mighty Manly Sea-Eagles!

i concure with the above sentiments

well maybe not dans although i know it as the baby elephant dance i think

Well done Pete. As I sit here in Tamworth on route North I agree with your sentiments. This site was never anything but a chance for a few guys to get together to chat about and view footy. It has enhanced my involvement in the club as well as my interest in the game. It had waned to virtually nothing during the Beagle years.

Enjoy the day - I have good feelings about the result.

I am still amazed by the very firm friendships that have arisen purely from the connections through this site!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2