Thanks for the legacy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dikefalos

Lets no sugar coat this tony Williams is a huge loss for us going forward as it will give the dogs a forward pack which I believe will dominate over the next 3 years while it will leave us with an ageing pack with no one who can really bend the line backwards. De$lar knew this & is the reason why he targeted Williams as it was to weaken manly who currently has the best roster in the NRL. Good luck to tony as I beleive he made this decision in the best interests of his family & never wanted to leave manly. But the question needs to be asked why did we have so many players off contract in the same year that de$lar left why was tony Williams signed to a one year contract the previous year but ageing forwards like kite & joe were given longer contracts where was the forward planning for the manly club.
Thanks for the legacy De$lar

Good point - why do we have so many off contract players coincidently at the same time hasler's contract was up?

Answer: Hasler was heavily involved in negotiations and didn't want to tie players he could poach later. That is, players he wanted to poach.

Williams a huge loss, I cant really agree. Heres how I rate the current players importance to our future

1. Lyon
2. Foran
3. Brett Stewart
4. Glenn Stewart
5. Watmough
6. DCE
7. TRex

A potential huge loss sure, but at the moment there is no way he is in our top 6.

I'm not sure if the Dogs pack will be all that dominant. They have a lot of blokes who like to have the ball in their hand and who can pull off a lot of shots, but they aren't overly mobile and I'm thinking they aren't the type who like making 2 tackles in a row. They've got plenty of strikepower but not enough workers IMO. In terms of the best pack in the comp in a few years time, will be the Broncos.

bob dylan said:
Williams a huge loss, I cant really agree. Heres how I rate the current players importance to our future

1. Lyon
2. Foran
3. Brett Stewart
4. Glenn Stewart
5. Watmough
6. DCE
7. TRex

A potential huge loss sure, but at the moment there is no way he is in our top 6.
I agree but in terms of balance of the team we really lack someone who can bend the line backwards

With the class we have we don't need to bend the line!! put on a few tricks and the line just opens up!!

lloydy said:
With the class we have we don't need to bend the line!! put on a few tricks and the line just opens up!!

I hope your right but I just get the feeling a lot of this was planned & not in the best interest of the manly club

Any contract that Hasler signed off on after he agreed to leave for the dogs (md last year) should be null and void. It is more than a co-incidence that he re-signed aging players kite, Joe etc to new contracts while leaving the younger players like t-rex, Lussick,Whare, Oldfield etc unsigned

tookey said:
Any contract that Hasler signed off on after he agreed to leave for the dogs (md last year) should be null and void. It is more than a co-incidence that he re-signed aging players kite, Joe etc to new contracts while leaving the younger players like t-rex, Lussick,Whare, Oldfield etc unsigned
Exactly include foran in that list

Dikefalos said:
lloydy said:

I hope your right but I just get the feeling a lot of this was planned & not in the best interest of the manly club

Of course it was. These things do not happen overnight.

Big guys playing league are much easier to come by than talented backs. I would have been upset had Perry signed T-Rex on $600k a season, when that kind of money could easily buy two good forwards. I trust Perry, he tied up Foran who has unlimited potential talent, and didn't offer a ridiculous amount to a forward who can be replaced. I didn't want T-Rex to go, but only a fool would give him over half a million dollars a year.

Fulton left,we won a premiership soon after when they said we couldnt

T-Rex will never be an immortal,not unless they make Brett White an immortal

The Eagle said:

Long way to go for T-Rex, but White had the smallest bit of stature in one SOO involving a punch, and has been one of the greatest non-achievers in the history of the game. IF he wasn't Bellamy's love-child he wouldn't have SOO and himself mentioned in the same sentence. Just ask Raider fans. He rates lower than the Squasher.

ManlyBacker said:
The Eagle said:

Long way to go for T-Rex, but White had the smallest bit of stature in one SOO involving a punch, and has been one of the greatest non-achievers in the history of the game. IF he wasn't Bellamy's love-child he wouldn't have SOO and himself mentioned in the same sentence. Just ask Raider fans. He rates lower than the Squasher.

Reminiscent of one Darcy Lussick at this point

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4