Thanks and Appreciation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
If a thread like this has been done then I am sorry for starting another one.

But I am sick of all the negativity so wanted to created a thread where we can all give our appreciation and thanks to 2V's our leader our Coach and a club legend.

All I ask is that you keep this thread free from all the debate about the impending sacking of 2V's and your views of the club management - there are other threads to do this.

Personally 2V's I want to say thank you. Over the last few years you have been handed tough situations and have always got through them , you should have had a title as a coach against your name but for some questionable ref's.

You have shown the exact same aggression ,passion and pride for manly as a coach as you were a player and as members/ fans it is why you are going to be sorely missed.

You are a true legend and club great, this is not how you should of been treated.

Probably my favourite moments of mine of you are the slapping on the Suncorp glass coaching window after Wolfman scored late to seal a famous win over the Broncos and of course your " there has got to be a investigation" press conference, shows how much this club means to you.

I really do hope the club sends you off in the manner you deserve , at least stay until round 25 so that we as fans can give you the send off you the way you deserve.

Thanks again!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Strongly agree:party:

I always see 2v as that little blonde flash who is carving up the Pommies on a cold, dark Brookie oval.:clap:
So many great moments over the past 3 decades :inlove:

Last edited:
My favourite memory of him is one on one with Paul Harrigan where he literally picks him up and dumps him on his back - most awesome sight and a moment I'll never forget.

Icon of our club.

A massive thank you for coming in and holding together a club that was reeling when Hasler turned his back on us in 2011, you did your best and kept us competitive for the majority of your tenure and I really hope that when all the dust settles from this that you will be back at the club in a senior capacity. Toovery forever a legend of this club!

As an old Bears fan, my first memory was seeing Toovey in his first State of Origin game, and FMD, he certainly looked like he deserved to be there.

I used to hate his guts as a Bears fans. That's a good thing by the way..because it shows how damned good he was.

When we played Souffs at Gosford in 2013, I was away for the weekend for my wedding anniversary so I decided to have a footy free weekend and watch the game when I got home on Sunday night.

It turned out to be a good move because had a great weekend and it wasn't until about 9pm on Sunday night that the red mist decended and I went off on a massive rant about Shane Hayne penalties, video ref replays and systematic bias towards some NRL darling clubs.

Then while I cooled down I watched the press conference and saw Tooves going off (as only Tooves can) and while it didn't make me less angry, I did feel vindicated - despite my wife's eye rolls at the time of my similar rant - and it was awesome as a fan to see Tooves' passion and refusal to just cop it.

Thanks for that and so many other great memories mate. It's a travesty that you didn't win your first premiership as a coach in 2013 and a triumph of utter incompetence, disrespect and bad luck that you won't get a shot at adding to your tally in 2016.

As a player a game against Brisbane comes to mind. Paul Hauff was the best fullback at the time. The biggest tallest bloke on the field he was stepping our guys like they didn't exist. All except one. The smallest bloke out there just kept taking away his legs all day long, and show the rest of our team how it's done. He led by example.

As a coach. We have seen a man of the highest honour. Whilst these clowns who own our once great club do there best to destroy. You can see Geoff is bitting his tongue on fox. If someone from our club leaked a hitlist of players to be sacked it is unprofessional. He has shown nothing but respect, an honour to this club. I will remember Toovs as a coach for that, hand in hand for how the same hasn't been shown to him.

As an old Bears fan, my first memory was seeing Toovey in his first State of Origin game, and FMD, he certainly looked like he deserved to be there.

I used to hate his guts as a Bears fans. That's a good thing by the way..because it shows how damned good he was.
Then you saw the error of your ways and had your blood infused with maroon and white cells. 99.9% of Bears fans never had their eyes opened to the greatness of Manly, instead choosing to drown in the dregs of bitterness and unholiness. You are part of the 0.01% - how blessed you are.

He wasn't our best ever. That award probably goes to Fulton. But he is our finest alongside the Beaver.

He was a winner in every role that he had with out great club and was always passionate.

Hasler and Tooves made a great team in rebuilding us from nothing. Without him, the era that has just gone by probably wouldn't have been as successful.

Gonna miss him and hope he remains passionate about the club.

Please can the clever technology people merge this, similar posts and threads and send these words to Tooves.
Let him hear what what he means to Manly fans.
An absolute Manly legend for the past 26 years and always will be.

Toovey is a legend he has done it all as player and has proven when he has a decent pack of forwards he can take them to a grand final . He could have won a grand final if it wasn't for some disgraceful refereeing decisions against the roosters that turned the game in the end
Toovey is the victim of Boardroom politics and when we had 2 owners Penn and Quantum that didn't like each other we had Gift coming off contract and the Penns wanted to keep Gift but
Toovey backed Phil Sidney from Quantum not to offer Gift a contract and this resulted in player and board disharmony and this was the beginning of the end for Toovey .
Toovey had an opportunity to let this years results have a saving grace but his pack of forwards that have the worst go forward in the NRL put the final boot in his coaching job at Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6