Thank you Peter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
:lol: :lol: Classic

Interesting reading in today's herald. Defence $15 600m and education $15 729m. Great proportion.

Great stuff the surplus. So while all these Uni's and public schools have to have huge amounts of cutbacks, including courses, employees, etc, the Government get to have this good looking surplus, and use it in the election year. :clap: :clap:

Then there's health :shock: :roll: .

NSW Govt has had a surplus for years and they are less popular than a pork chop in a synagogue!!
Because they privatised greenslips etc............Prices go up!

Don't spend enough money on the health system and transport.

They get the private sector to build new roads....then have the hide to parade on TV like "bob the builder" Then allow these companies to charge $4- a go to use them!
What do you think about that lefties?
How about the transport and land tax/investment issues?

The state gov't have allot to answer for in regard to many issues that effect normal life in this state and the lefty loony's don't seem to think it's there problem....interesting.

byso has already forgotten the thread showing how the federal government states where state governments spend their money.

Byso... HECS is a joke. I wouldn't mind paying if it was going back to the uni. Most students would't mind paying. But it doesn't. Much like the medicare taxes... which is why the aftey net is not working. Or unis have very little cash. The money is just not given back.
And how many times do I need to say this? My future is assured. I won't be making that kind of money.

Yes, the NSW govt has taxes. Hidden taxes too. But they come nowhere near covering the amount needed to run this state.

And come nowhere near the amount of taxes levies by the Howard Govt.

We are paying more than ever... and the poor & middle earners pay exponentially more than the rich.

As I keep saying the large surplus comes from somewhere. And it comes from those paying huge amounts of tax... the lower to middle earners.

Oh, and working mums get penalised more than stay at home mums... so much more... in that after tax they could be earning anywhere as little as $2 an hour... try paying for childcare on that! Of course it can work for house husbands too...

Byso, stop avoiding the argument. The state could be run a hell of a lot worse... by, oh yeah... Brogden (Ugh)... what he, a primary school teacher, was doing giving advice to lawyers I do not know! *cough*corrupt*cough*
Oh... and maybe if we got the cash to actually cover major building projects then we could afford them or for health but then that cash comes from the federal who, oh no, have given a heap to defense... hmmmm now there's a thought.

How much is petrol in other countries Mata....from what I here it's much cheaper in australia....except the USA!

Hopium the TAX payer pays for uni's i'm paying for you're education untill you can start paying it back. Do you think the teachers admin staff and facilities get paid out of thin air, it comes from the tax payer funds and Hec's don't give me crap about hecs NOT going to the UNI's. You want an easy deal with everything paid for.....this happened with the Whitlam era not now. At least all can get the education they want if there willing to make the sacrifices.

I agree the surplus has come from clever cutbacks and a GST which has managed to grab more money than they could ever hope for. From the looks of it there trying very hard to get the lefty loonies back to work(this doesn't include single mothers and the genuine). This is why the country is in a good state and tax cuts can be afforded.

Anyhow I’m sure you can enlighten me with wonderful statistics and facts to prove me wrong. You are a politician in waiting after all :p

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu May 12 2005, 09:02AM ]</span>

No, it's meant to come from HECS... the unis get less than HECS takes from all students (so why would they be taking your tax dollars I do not know, since they get a surplus from us). So no, you are not paying for my education. I am paying extra to go into the general Tax conglomerate. HECS does not go to the unis! I have statistical information on that fact. As I say, I am sure most students, and I along with them, would be happy to pay HECS if it actually went back into the unis... but it doesn't. So please, stop spouting **** about something you know nothing about. And you have demonstrated you know nothing about the tax system.

An easy deal? Sacrifices?I have a debt of 7,000 per semester and I have 2,000 worth of books twice a year! How is that easy eh? Especially with the tax I pay that go towards your FTB(A)... And no, not everyone can go to uni... mainly cause of the amount it costs in the end. And unis are having to fund themselves by selling off places to the rich. There are many people in law who bought their way in. They got a 92 or so UAI... and those with 98 are left out of the course because they cannot pay upfront. Uni is hard bloody work. I don't have weekends, nor do I get a rest when I come home. My flatmate and I are typical students... when it comes to assignements and exams you can feel the tension in the house. We won't sleep until 2am (if at all) and are up at 6.

The GST grabbed money from those who cannot afford it. And yet, somehow, these people do not retain the tax benefit.

Clever cutbacks? My arse. There hase been more income from the Australian public than ever before (more than the growth rate)... I beleive I have already said this. Another case of you ignoring the facts.

Facts are facts... and they prove you wrong... well, you are wrong. That is not being a politicain that just happens to be right.

I don't think I can enlighten you... you refuse to learn, listen or even admit that what you are talking about is bollocks. And it is.

Hohum. Y'know byso, you really are rather boring. If you actually had facts, figures, a grasp of the law and were correct on a few things at least it would be interesting. But trying to argue with someone who, when presented with actual events & facts loudly disclaims with just a NO... well... really isn't a challenge. You fool noone but yourself.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu May 12 2005, 12:34PM ]</span>

Oh really....ask yourself this, why do you bother discussing these issues. I've told you many times that I'm not "into it" (politics) as much as you are. But you keep coming back for more.......I think you've mistaken this forum for a UNI website were you can throw statistics and compare you're knowledge of Monte Python, red dwarf and whinge about why the gov’t wont fund you’re next political rally.

I’ve never claimed to know all I'm happy to humour you with my views, but don't expect me to waist my time reading through texts which apparently you study from for uni to make a point with you. Don't attempt to put me down because I have a life and merely give you a view which is driven merely by my perception. You couldn’t even admit that Latham was the wrong man for the last election etc, etc.

I admit I’m biased but so are you. This is why you won’t get me agreeing with much you write, you never give credit were it’s due.

I went to Bathurst for 2 days but I am willing to wade back in to this post. One of the reasons I feel slightly agrieved is that I have almost ALWAYS missed the benefits that the government has handed out. In fact the only hand-out I have received from any government in 30 years of paying tax is the 30% medical fund rebate. Yep, i have missed out on every hand-out made in all that time. The stamp duty reduction along with the $14k and then 7k for first home buyers, the removal of the super surcharge (when the tax collected from me for this alone would finance a pacific island nation), the baby bonus, and the list goes on and on. My entire life has been about paying top dollar for everything I have done and enjoying 18% interest in the first year of taking out a home loan.

However, I am not a (tail-end) boomer that is suffering from sour grapes. The baby bonus is a great idea and goes when it is first needed and at the right time. First home buyers NEED assistance and deserve it. HECs is rediculous for a lucky country that wants to strengthen itself.

I just think that this budget is bloody stupid. The people who have missed out on the last two rounds of tax cuts are again disadvantaged. People on 50k or less (and most workers probably get closer to 40k) NEED assistance and it is wrong this time to give huge handouts to those who really don't need them. Everyone WANTS more money in their pocket but I would have liked to see those families earning smaller amounts get a go. What about investing in this country's infrastructure? I just don't see the vision. And trust me the surplus has come from people like me who have contributed vast amounts over recent years and I am entitled in having an opinion on where it goes.

As for GST being regressive I will bring up that for the first time the really high earners who literally paid NO tax have been forced to contribute. That in itself is a good reason to have it.

Thus endeth this sermon !pray:

At least there is some passion and concern for those that need help MB, unlike the peurile 'I get more so I am happy' view - of the Libs and their supporters.

Good sermon. I should be getting the 3K so I’m happy with that.

It's as simple as this, 47% is too high at the current low threshold it had to go up....I’ve been paying too much tax for too long and I still will be.

Why aren't the Lefty loonies demanding the State gov't to lower hospital waiting lists and fix the transport system......and to try building some roads without, privatising them all.

na na na na na!

BS and you know it!

The State gov't doesn't spend money on services.....simple! They get the private sector to build everything. Don't be surprised if you're job get's taken Ronald McDonald Clowns :D

You won’t bag the labor party that’s all! ;)
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri May 13 2005, 03:30PM ]</span>

FFS Hopium......Boo Hoo!!!!!!

You sound soooo hard done by, how do uou get out of bed in the morning? With nothing to look forward to and all. :blah: :blah:

I look forward to REVENGE. Revenge on the bastards that have ripped my family off... revenge on those that slaughter the environment I have worked so hard for... and revenge on the bastards who do not look beyond their own private circumstances!!!
LMAO

!drunk:

And writing up pieces like I do... hopefully those that want to learn will read it... and there are people out there... I'm sure... I mean, there were people who did vote Labor!

Byso... you are interested cause you have wasted your time... but then, learning how the tax system works is not a waste... Mainly cause tax is a certainty in life. You are born, pay taxes & die LOL.

Yep, I am biased. But at least I'm biased after learning about it...

Hey, this is a SOCIAL BOARD yes? Well... I'm writing about social issues... facts & figures... well it's all part of it.

Oh yes and I have a life too... true it may not involve being on here every day or spending weekends at the footy... or running after a baby...
It involves study, parties, politics, volunteering, birds (as in the winged sort... but with me you never know), lots of friends & alot of laughs...
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon May 16 2005, 10:26AM ]</span>

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6