Thank you Jamie Lyon ( Killer)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
one of our best ever,I put him next to bozo and o'connor as the best centres we had,he's name will go on many merchandise items.

What a legend.

Watching all the clips and so upset he won't be here next year. But understand his body is done.

Am at disneyworld at the moment and am soo soo dissaponted I won't be there this Saturday.

If anyone misses this game on here and is in Sydney shame on you.

Ps I can at that because on 2008 I was in Disneyland and miss the GF. I'm more dashed I'm missing this game :(.

Some of you silvertails ought to do a clip. I've just seen clips by des, Ballin, and a youthful chap that looks a bit like watmough pop up on my Facebook. Surely true supporters are lined up in front of the camera filming tributes as we speak.

Killer has been our finest Captain since Tooves and his leadership and calmness are going to be sorely missed.

He played with style and skill and stuck it right up the haters from whingerland who threw coins at him to put him off his game

Have a nice break and please stay around our club and pass on your legacy.

Our best buy since BK.

BK was important but Killer has surpassed him by a significant margin.

Jamie Lyon.....easily the best centre of his era and one of the best ever.

Its an overused word in sports, but Killer really is a champion.

Thanks for the memories Killer.

I found this online not my work and I am sorry about the poor music choice on it.
Watching that the one thing that really struck me vs the team now, is how involved the forwards were in setting up time and space for our awesome outside backs to do their work.
Our current team could learn a lot from that, and give our backs and halves the time and space to have the right touches, not every touch

Watching that the one thing that really struck me vs the team now, is how involved the forwards were in setting up time and space for our awesome outside backs to do their work.
Our current team could learn a lot from that, and give our backs and halves the time and space to have the right touches, not every touch

Most definitely @Dan the forwards at that time/ team knew when to pass and when to just eat the metres up.

Our current crop need to learn this and if we sign a few new forwards with who we have we will become a force again.

Last edited:
I know the club cops plenty of flack at times, but they have done an absolutely brilliant job this week with all the tributes for Killer and the interview series. Seeing past club greats like Choc and Gifty talk about Jamie brings back memories of how good they all were together and seeing the likes of Gallen, Smith, Inglis and Thurston speak so glowingly of him really shows the type of player and person he is.

I've got a memory from left field that I'll always remember of Killer against the Sharks at Shark Park back in 2011. Trapped in our own territory with as the bell goes for fulltime and still behind, the ball shifts out to Killer who chips over the top to Michael Oldfield, who scores for the most remarkable win.

We'll miss you Killer, see you on the hill in the years to come mate.

Last edited:
I've seen this thread for a while now and haven't really known what to say. I love Jamie Lyon to bits. He's one of the very few players who you know that whenever he's on the field, you're in with a chance. The talent, the heart, the determination, the leading by example, the skill ....
We'll miss you Killer. And I'm really going to miss yelling at the TV when you've done something miraculous "JAMIE LYYYOOONNN!!!!!!!"
Good luck to you and thanks for all your brilliance.

image.jpeg

Gave everything he had for this club he loves.

We love you Jamie
True Gentleman and a true Manly Legend who deserves to go out a winner tomorrow even though you are not playing.

A superb player. As many have said it will put a big hole in our team's composure, attacking potential, defence and competitive edge for some time to come. You just can't replace top quality players with that much experience easily. And as Chip'n'chase says, he could do everything.

I share many memories already mentioned as special for Sea Eagles fans. I just remember alot watching his peerless work in a Friday night Brooky game once (maybe in 2011 or 2012). In defence, marshalling the right-side defence, going in to cut movements off or sliding out as needed faultlessly. And cleaning up loose balls, or taking a hit-up when a bit of speed and forward momentum was needed. In attack, the combinations with winger and Snake, always doing exactly what was needed as if it was simple -- to run the decoy, or draw and pass, or take it himself.

He could do the miraculous; the kick and regather tries, chip throughs, brilliant pickup and pass plays, big performances on big occasions. But the really great players show their quality in all the big and little things they do, all with the same level of effort and perfectionism. Jamie Lyon was one of them.

He's certainly bumped O'Connor off for the other centre spot in my greatest ever Manly team. Tempted to give him the captain's armband also.

In the 143 years of the St Helens RLFC there are only two Aussie players they wish they had been able to keep.

Mal Meninga was one.....Killer is the other.

That says a lot about the impact he had in England because as centres go they didn't get much better than Mal and they hold Killer with the same high regard.

Many Jamie Lyon tributes from various players on social media, obviously the man was well liked.
Brett Stewart referred to Lyon as, Cobber. I thought that was pretty cool. I say it all the time, I know it's old slang but I like it.

Its difficult to put into words what Jamie Lyon means to me as a footballer. Its as difficult to put into words what he means to this club. He is a Manly living legend and he will be sorely missed. I've only been this shattered about two other players retiring, Toovey and Beaver. Those two exemplified what it means to be Manly and so does Killer.

Awesome career Jamie. Simply all class on and off the field. One of the modern day greats.

One of my favourite Manly players since I started following them in 1973.

Should name the new grandstand after him when it opens.
I am sure he will be honoured as a 75 year old to have that happen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4