Thank you Jamie Lyon ( Killer)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
8am is a strange time for a media conference!

I would have thought 9:18 pm or 5:57 am would have been preferable.

But kudos to manly for avoiding the cliched normal media times of 11am or 3pm. All that would have achieved is MAXIMUM COVERAGE in the media.

"He's a newly minted life member of the club..." - scott penn

"I'm still in denial he's going..." - ge

Absolute legend in the Menzies mould. So disappointed that he didn't get a proper Brookie farewell.

Killer has been our finest Captain since Tooves and his leadership and calmness are going to be sorely missed.

He played with style and skill and stuck it right up the haters from whingerland who threw coins at him to put him off his game

Have a nice break and please stay around our club and pass on your legacy.

Our best buy since BK.

Just watched the interview from today and I have to say he is a Manly Great! In fact I put him up in my top 5 of all time.
Losing our GF hero's over the last few years like the landcrusier and princess was one sad thing, this is to a whole new level. Manly culture will be poorer without you Killer.

Ok, is anyone else getting teary watching all this stuff? Or am I the only lame one hahaha
I teared up watching Matai tear up.@:cry:

Killer said in the presser that he will be around the Club next year. :happy:

But his best position was on the field, feeding Wolfie with meat pies :clap:

Last edited:
Ok, is anyone else getting teary watching all this stuff? Or am I the only lame one hahaha
No, I've been like a baby.......
When people aren't looking.
But I've been thinking about it so much that flashbacks to the great moments killer and skivvie have been involved in were just great times.

Definitely a leader by example. I share the favourite memory of him all bleeding and holding up that trophy in 2011. There is so much about Jamie that just can't be replaced.
Hopefully by remaining at the club his leadership will stay with the players in some capacity.
Thanks for 10 outstanding years Jamie.
Good thing he left parra because he certainly deserved those Premierships.

How cool is Jamie? Just listening to that interview, just no fuss, no bs, just 'oh yeh things have been good'.

That's why we love Killer, he is just a genuine average guy with an extraordinary talent.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4