Thank you Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When I think of words to describe Tooves a few ones come to mind. Tough - without a question the toughest man to play the game pound for pound. Resilient - To keep our team together for so long after being dropped in it by Hasler. Unselfish - Always put the club first before himself and was treated appallingly by the club owners. Proud - You will never find a player that epitomises Manly more than Toovey. Winner - Won a premiership as a captain, coached the team to a grand final and semi finals.

He has done his bit and I truly hope that after a break from the club and the game that he returns hopefully as our CEO and leads our club moving forward.

Time for him to rest and recover and enjoy some simple things for now. The Manly fans and members are indebted to you for the dignity and unselfishness you showed our club.

Good luck with your next venture.

There was a gathering in the heart of Manly territory on Saturday night that may be a pointer as to which players are firmly in the Geoff Toovey camp – and those who may not be.

Daly Cherry-Evans ,Willie Mason, Dumanis Lui, Tom Symonds and soon-to-be-returning prop Darcy Lussick knocked back a few quiet schooners with Tooves at the popular Harbord Hilton Hotel.

It was a bittersweet affair given Manly's finals charge has been squashed the night before, ensuring Toovey's stint will definitely come to an end next Sunday.

Here's hoping he stays in the game in some capacity.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-a-beer-with-tooves/3y2emmqjzgpp13s5zi19zqhz6

Why didn't you ask 2V's we would of shouted u all drinks you wanted!!

True Legend of the club and game
Going to not the same next year!!

There was a gathering in the heart of Manly territory on Saturday night that may be a pointer as to which players are firmly in the Geoff Toovey camp – and those who may not be.

Daly Cherry-Evans ,Willie Mason, Dumanis Lui, Tom Symonds and soon-to-be-returning prop Darcy Lussick knocked back a few quiet schooners with Tooves at the popular Harbord Hilton Hotel.

It was a bittersweet affair given Manly's finals charge has been squashed the night before, ensuring Toovey's stint will definitely come to an end next Sunday.

Here's hoping he stays in the game in some capacity.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-a-beer-with-tooves/3y2emmqjzgpp13s5zi19zqhz6
Maybe the others were drinking with the Dalai. After all he's such a good bloke.
Interesting list but plenty of names missing besides the regular crew of the disgruntled.
Tooves is going to leave a big hole at Manly.
I hope he stays involved or becomes involved again after a break.

Maybe the others were drinking with the Dalai. After all he's such a good bloke.
Interesting list but plenty of names missing besides the regular crew of the disgruntled.
Tooves is going to leave a big hole at Manly.
I hope he stays involved or becomes involved again after a break.
upload_2015-9-1_6-39-9.png

The Gossip Mags misreading of 2v's drinking session - seems it's a welcome to Eden Ann Buhrer and not a farewell to 2v :)

It just won't be the same without him.
If he wants it, I really hope he gets the Kangaroos gig.

Here's hoping that the rumours about the Penns being willing to sell their stake in the club come true, and that the new owners reinstate Tooves as coach. It would be putting the Manly back into Manly. Any players who didn't like it could simply move on. Oh... He already is moving on. What a shame.

Geoff Toovey = True Champion & Manly Legend.

Thanks for putting your body, heart and soul into our great club, both as a player and coach.

Words truly seem inadequate to relay just how much admiration and respect many of us die hard fans have for you.. so many awesome feats of skill and bravery displayed on the footy field over the years..and more recently such passion shown from the coach's box.

It was such BS we were rorted of the '13 premiership. You really did (and still do) deserve to get that honour as coach of our beloved Sea Eagles...

The manner in which you have handled yourself over the last 18months is also to be commended. You perhaps showed this club more respect than it deserved after your mistreatment. But you are a smart man. Unlike others, you know first hand the damage that is done when airing dirty laundry. And it's not the cowardly people pulling the strings that hurt, its the club and supporters. And you would never betray this great club and the fans. A class act all the way out the door. Money can buy a lot of things but it can't buy class... and you have it by the bucket load (Penns and co. take note)

I stand and applaud you Geoff. It has been one helluva ride.
Hope to see you back in the fold sooner rather than later.
Thank you!

There is a lot wrong with our Club. I suppose that is the natural order BUT why have we been so successful over the last 30+ years? Why have we had far more "200 game" players then any other team in the history of this comp (NRL and before)? It is not the money. I think part of it is that the area is a great place to live (not biased as I live in the Shire and think it is better) and most players live close by and form a close knit group. There has been some good management.

The sort of person Tooves is typifies this and probably the shining light. You can buy a premiership but you cant buy long term success. Our future success will not come from just obtaining good "cattle" (players and staff) but from re creating the culture that has existed. I say re created because I worry it may take a beating for a while. I hope not.

I think the way that Tooves has carried himself this year is unbelievable. He has been smacked around the head all year in one way or another but kept his focus on what had to be done. They do not come much tough on or off the field.

Just a question?
Is the Head Coach of an NRL club responsible for the successes/failures/structures etc of the lower grades?

If it's a yes, then Tooves has left us in a good state which seems to be lost on the knockers.
If it's a no, then who is?

Just a question?
Is the Head Coach of an NRL club responsible for the successes/failures/structures etc of the lower grades?

If it's a yes, then Tooves has left us in a good state which seems to be lost on the knockers.
If it's a no, then who is?
Yes in part, as the Head Coach provides the Recruitment Committee with his list of Players to retain, sign. Also, it is the NRL Coach who promotes Players up into the NRL side.@:cool:

If you watch the early games, 2v was always there and he would select 2 NYC Players who would help the NRL side in the warm ups. In fact he was still at the NYC Finals in Sydney 2 weeks ago.

2v also would pick a couple from NSW Cup if those players were physically available at the ground.

I fear for the lack of coherence from 2017 when both the NYC and the NSW Cup are run as separate competitions and Fans will not know who is likely to appar in the NRL side :(

The ability to watch all 3 grades was the highlight for me in attending Brookie last century. Nothing better than watching a young player evolve and realize his potential as a Manly Premiership Winner.:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2