1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Squad

Discussion in 'Cricket Forum' started by Fro, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Doug Bollinger, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Simon Katich, Andrew McDonald, Bryce McGain, Marcus North, Peter Siddle.

2. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    in the 1st test from that I woudl go with:
    Hughes
    Katich
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Hussey
    North
    Haddin
    Johnson
    Siddle
    Bollinger
    McGain

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    100% right Gronk, dont know that they will, but they should

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Gee that attack looks innocuous when you write it down like that. Can't see the point in picking another halfbaked "all rounder" like North or McDonald. Why don't they just take another batsman and use Clarke and Katich as the 5th bowling option. There is not one back up batsman in the squad, so they are effectively saying, short of being injured, you are no chance of being dropped if you fail with the bat.

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    North isn't really an All-Rounder. He is a good bat who can bowl a bit.

Jaques should've gone over.

Jaques
    Hughes
    Ponting
    Katich
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Haddin
    Johnson
    Hilfenhous
    Bollinger
    McGain

Hussey's better suited to 6 where he can plod with the tail. Another series or two like he's been going and he's out. Siddle's average.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I know, but they claimed the fact that he could bowl some offies was a factor in his favour. He's a solid enough bat, but you wouldn't say he's the 6th best batsman in the country. Anyway good luck to him, I hope him and Hughes go well.

7. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    He's probably the tenth best batsman in the country, which is a lot better than McDonald who is probably around 40. 

He can probably turn his offies more than Hauritz though. 
    I know, but they claimed the fact that he could bowl some offies was a factor in his favour. He's a solid enough bat, but you wouldn't say he's the 6th best batsman in the country. Anyway good luck to him, I hope him and Hughes go well.
    [/quote]