Telstra T Box.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tulley

Has anyone else got the T BOX yet? I just installed mine yesterday and its got all the rugby league replays which are capable of being recorded and watched later [only free to air it seems] but its pretty good IMHO. Only thing is the microwave interferes with the wireless transmission.

its a device which can pickup the telstra NRL channel from the internet and transmit the signal to your TV[as part of your monthly broadband fee], you can decide what games you want to record to see later and just press a button to record. It also provides other internet channels like AFL,V8 supercar racing ,news and other things, it also is a HD set top box which lets you record any free to air TV shows and it gives access to You tube film clips. There is a Movie facility as well for a fee but Im not too sure of how that works yet. On rugby league you can watch QLDcup,ESL and NRL. Michael Bani was playing in the QLD cup GF shown today.

Is it free or is it part of your download package

I'm not certain, but I think if you have Bigpond as your ISP then any T-Box downloads will not count towards your data allowance.

The device is very similar to a set top box to look at the only difference is that it receives info from your broadband modem,transmitted wireless. It costs $300. but that can be paid @$11. a month over 2 years. The content it receives from the Telstra TV network is free if your broadband service is Telstra. You own the box and it can be paid for in full at the beginning but no interest is charged if you pay it off.There is an initial payment of $35.00 for the device.

no good to me im on wireless as well.. never go back to cable/ adsl..
but good idea in general wish there was something for ppl with wireless modems..

I'm seriously thinking about this. I would get TVN which would be terrific plus I only have a std def recorder which means I could get the HD FTA channels. I just about never watch live TV and time everything to suit me. @ $11 /mth extra is not bad compared to other recorders.

Anyone seen the picing on Telstra's rentals as that doesn't show on their web pages? I'm going to guess about $7 for a newbie and no copies which means DVDs will probably be better.

Any extra info or problems encountered would be useful. Thanks.

I have had it for a couple of days now and I feel like I am familiar with its functions better than day one. You can go to You tube and type in the name of your favorite clips and watch them on big screen TV, that option counts toward your monthly download but in my case wont amount to a hell of a lot at the end of month. As I said before the microwave stops the transmission of broadband content but telstra recommend you connect via cable,which is fine if your modem is 1 metre away from your TV but mine is about 7 metres away.. wireless is OK. Movies vary in price according to how new they are, Ithink about $7 or $6.50 for new release. The HD TV side is connected by normal antenna cable and is unaffected by wireless interferences, so after a couple of days use its thumbs up from me[I should be getting a commission from Telstra for this, but wont be holding my breath waiting]

Thanks tulley, exactly what I thought. My wi-fi router is about 7 mts from my tv too but on ADSL only so some web stuff may not work too well. I upgraded to 100Gb/mth recently and would be lucky to use 10 so any additional usage will fit in easily.

ManlyBacker link said:
Thanks tulley, exactly what I thought. My wi-fi router is about 7 mts from my tv too but on ADSL only so some web stuff may not work too well. I upgraded to 100Gb/mth recently and would be lucky to use 10 so any additional usage will fit in easily.
  Fred Nile's researcher not at your place then.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185706.msg301707#msg301707 date=1286585122]
  Fred Nile's researcher not at your place then.
[/quote]

No Mata! :)

I had a couple more questions.

What about recording what has been downloaded? I am sure the movies will have some form of locking and my Pana DVD recorder will not do these. But what about other content? Can you just route it a DVD HD and record?

And what file format are they if anyone knows?

Thanks.

For those people with mobile broadband, maybe the 3G wifi routers and modems might work with this?

Could work out expensive though.

tulley link said:
Has anyone else got the T BOX yet? I just installed mine yesterday and its got all the rugby league replays which are capable of being recorded and watched later [only free to air it seems] but its pretty good IMHO. Only thing is the microwave interferes with the wireless transmission.
tully make me copies of the saints 1st round game this yr & if you could get bretts 2 games last yr against tigers & souths..& also the dogs game from last yr that would be beaut lol..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6