1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telegraph inaccuracies

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by kingoftherodeo, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kingoftherodeo

kingoftherodeo Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 7
    Is it just me or have you noticed that the telegraph gets a lot of facts wrong. I know they like to manufacture stories and sometimes skew facts to suit their agendas, but they get a lot of facts wrong.

Just today, Ritchie writes that Stewart is 'closing in on the manly AND northern eagles (trying to be smart) try scoring record', which he says is 151!
    Has anyone else also noticed this? Does the tele have an editor?

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Your thread title is a tautology.

3. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Yeah I saw that stat, it pisses me off. I'm not a journo, so it isn't my job to be accurate about such things, but I am, and I am constantly upset by their blatant inaccuracies. It's as if they have no understanding of the game that gives them their full time jobs.

4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Anybody else see today's "Manly Daily", which went to print with the contents page being unfinished? At first I wondered why the editor's letter was written in Latin. Also, every mention of Jamie Lyon I saw called him "Jamie Lyons". Quality through and through.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    This topic is too broad. Way too ambitious, we have no hope of scratching the surface.