Telecrap at it again !! 10 Reasons why evryone hates Manly!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who cares about this, I am certain there are 10 reason that could be listed to hate any club, this is just the DT doing what it does, no need to worry.

How/why are there so many bears tragics in the media! I feel sick everytime I hear about their bid for an inclusion in the nrl.

pretty sure Cliffy was with the sharkies before manly signed him from Norths Sydney, so not really relevent. He was also a reserve grader . How many clubs have signed reggies, Oh the horror

Secondly and this one gripes me the most. Superleague outlined a criteria to gain inclusion in the NRL. The bears didnt make it so were chopped. Effectively ending there existenece. At the time there wwas 8 million on the table for any joint venture. Manly then invited a defunct Norths to join them in a merger as long as the 8 mill was still on offer. The NRL agreed and gave them the cash. Manly were doing it tough financially at the time.

Im have no knowledge but felt this was just a plan to get some cash out of the arseholes. After 2 years Manly who had the franchise as it was granted to them and not Norths told them to hit the road

So News ltd killed the bears, end of story, they were a sacrificial lamb in the ArL and NRL deal, manly prolonged there miserable existence by 2 years and then ultimately ended that .

I think what News were so upset about is how manly squirreled them on the deal

And suck **** to them as well. Well played manly

But dont let the truth get in the way of a good story filfy phil

Manly are hugely supported in certain demographics (people influenced in the 70s and 90s when we dominated) and our continued success is lifting the numbers. The Brett Stewart media stuff hurt our image but amongst todays kids there is good support for us. A premiership will help that more.
The old dinosaurs in the media push the Silvertail line and haven't got over the Souths and Wests recruitment. It sells papers and good luck to them.

One member of my family had a position with the Dogs but after SuperLeague and the problems there is now a regular at Brookie and a member. My brother was a Dogs fan too as a kid but is now thoroughly converted to the Eagles, largely through his kids and their passion for Manly. Another mate from the country, due to regular trips with us, is now an avowed Manly fan! This is all not said to bignote but to reinforce that the passion for Manly can affect others and there is plenty of support out there despite the Media beatup!!

jbb/james said:
pretty sure Cliffy was with the sharkies before manly signed him from Norths Sydney, so not really relevent. He was also a reserve grader . How many clubs have signed reggies, Oh the horror

Secondly and this one gripes me the most. Superleague outlined a criteria to gain inclusion in the NRL. The bears didnt make it so were chopped. Effectively ending there existenece. At the time there wwas 8 million on the table for any joint venture. Manly then invited a defunct Norths to join them in a merger as long as the 8 mill was still on offer. The NRL agreed and gave them the cash. Manly were doing it tough financially at the time.

Im have no knowledge but felt this was just a plan to get some cash out of the arseholes. After 2 years Manly who had the franchise as it was granted to them and not Norths told them to hit the road

So News ltd killed the bears, end of story, they were a sacrificial lamb in the ArL and NRL deal, manly prolonged there miserable existence by 2 years and then ultimately ended that .

And suck s**t to them as well. Well played manly

I could be wrong but I think you'll find we didn't get the 8 mill as the incentive deadline had passed. The Tigers & Dragons took it but we all know that they were takeovers. We get the bad wrap for a "takeover" that never was, the Bears made the choice to go to Gosford but circumstances conspired ( or was it their ineptitude ) against them and they failed to meet the criteria. We saw an opportunity for survival and took it.

StuBoot said:
jbb/james said:

And suck s**t to them as well. Well played manly

I could be wrong but I think you'll find we didn't get the 8 mill as the incentive deadline had passed. The Tigers & Dragons took it but we all know that they were takeovers. We get the bad wrap for a "takeover" that never was, the Bears made the choice to go to Gosford but circumstances conspired ( or was it their ineptitude ) against them and they failed to meet the criteria. We saw an opportunity for survival and took it.

Pretty sure we got the $8m but it mainly went to playing off the Bears Debts.

The Bears really got screwed over by the weather as it set back the development of the stadium, but history says even if that didn't happen they would have ballsed it up anyway.

jbb/james said:
fairly certain we got the cash as they extended the deadline for this

Talking to a diehard Bears supporter ( poor bastard ) tonight and he reckons no cash incentive either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8