TELECR@P AND Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Can you believe that a story on the Bulldogs Boardroom sh1t fight ends up with Manly sacking Hasler...Did we sack him????

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bulldogs-boardroom-split-so-deep-the-factions-watch-games-in-separate-suites/story-fn2mcuj6-1226784300442

Frogz said:
Can you believe that a story on the Bulldogs Boardroom sh1t fight ends up with Manly sacking Hasler...Did we sack him????

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bulldogs-boardroom-split-so-deep-the-factions-watch-games-in-separate-suites/story-fn2mcuj6-1226784300442

Yes.

Yes Bones, I agree....was a silly question actually...but man it p1sses me off

Manly Board is dysfunctional but Dogs Board is merely 'split' :huh: :mad:

The Son of Sam was caught stripping the talent cupboard bare - so our dysfunctional Board sacked him in 2011.
How quickly they forget :p

Frogz said:

oh no,the doggies board are fighting,Des will not like this one bit

Des only went to the dogs because they have a dysfunctional board. Felt like he never left Manly

Frogz said:
Hey Fluffy, get over it,....I read the paper and media mate....really

Just because you read it does not mean it's not crap. If you look at the stories in that paper closely you realise that their stories are more often then not either sensational bs headlines or unfounded rumour.

We sacked him before he had a chance to rip the guts out of our club. Suck on a tailpipe Ritchie you grub, you hate us so much you live here.

TokyoEagle said:
We sacked him, but, we didn't sack him because of board room infighting as this article alludes.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/des-hasler-tells-why-he-had-to-leave-2011-nrl-grand-final-winners-manly-sea-eagles-to-join-canterbury-bulldogs/story-e6freuy9-1226161832352

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/11/09/manly-axing-is-just-deserts-for-des-hasler/

Wendy Harmer had a beautiful go at Ritchie on Twitter the other day. All points went to Wendy. Questioned his credentials as an unbiased journo. Lovely.

Seriously 2011 feels like a long long time ago now since he left but he had to go the moment he signed for the Bulldogs. Club has gone from strength to strength and we have lost nothing since he left by narrowly missing out on the big prize in 2012 and even closer 2013.

2V is doing a great job. We got to the GF playoff in 2012 after a tumultuous year and we got the GF only to be robbed in 2013.

I thought the article was a good read - De$ going from one dysfunctional board to another.:D

I was reading the Kennel a few months ago and the knives are out for De$ - already. As he has failed to deliver a premiership there was a thread to sack De$ and one wag wanted him replaced by 2V. I had a good laugh about it.

Poor old Des. These issues seem to follow him.

Dib originally was an Eagles fan I believe , and wanted in at Manly. Delmege won out at the time though.

Oh, and Delmege isn't long gone...what a load of ****. He's part of Manly's fabric, whether people say so or not.

Tooves has done a great job since Des left. So has the entire club itself. But the players are the ones that deserve the biggest accolades. It seems to me that while all the journo's and "league experts" were more than willing to throw their 2 cents in, and declare us doomed, the players were the ones that most wanted to prove they could do it without the almighty Des bloody Hasler.

They stood taller and more staunch than ever, and as far as I'm concerned, they have grabbed Des firmly by the scruff of his long hair and rubbed his nose in his own ****e.

mozgrame said:
Tooves has done a great job since Des left. So has the entire club itself. But the players are the ones that deserve the biggest accolades. It seems to me that while all the journo's and "league experts" were more than willing to throw their 2 cents in, and declare us doomed, the players were the ones that most wanted to prove they could do it without the almighty Des bloody Hasler.

They stood taller and more staunch than ever, and as far as I'm concerned, they have grabbed Des firmly by the scruff of his long hair and rubbed his nose in his own ****e.

Exactly - its ultimately the Players that we cheer for in Manly colours :angel:

Choc the Sage in 2011:
”You are not just going to leave 25 top blokes that are your best mates for a coaching member.’’ :D

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kangaroos-star-anthony-watmough-says-sea-eagles-stars-wont-follow-manly-coach-des-hasler-in-quitting-nrl-premiers/story-e6frexnr-1226162984974

IIRC Des was sacked after he'd announced he was leaving and some of his support staff such as Noel Cleal were going with him. The board sacked him because they feared he would (try to) convince most of the staff and a few players to defect to scumsville as well.

Basically the board didn't want him to be recruiting staff and players for Canterbury while he was still Manly's coach as I believe the original plan was for him to see out his 2012 contract with Manly before taking up with the Dogs in 2013. When it became known that he'd been talking to staff and players about following him to the Dogs the board had no choice but to sack him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4