1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teflon Carney

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, May 6, 2011.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Back training with the NRL squad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-star-todd-carney-to-return-to-training-today/story-e6frexnr-1226050816955

No doubt he will be back playing next weekend. That should really teach him a lesson. Maybe I'm being to cynical, and the 2 weeks off has really cured his alcoholism. Roosters and NRL attitude stinks on this whole saga, Carney has to have photos of Politis AND Gallop with the goat.

2. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    Teflon Todd has a nicer ring to it. All good news, guarantees the rooster will go no where fast as we keep hearing TT is causing all sorts of rifts in the club. The roosters obviously do not care one bit about his welfare just want him back playing No doubt he will fall off the wagon again in no time, he doesn't see he has done anything wrong and has suffered no penalty/punishment. Total joke, roosters & nrl.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, when their season was going down the toilet they were always going to rush him back. What I can't understand is how a guy like Watts can attract and keep a babe like Shannon Kiss.

4. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    You don't cure "depression" in 2 weeks. So I'd suggest he never had it in the first place, just bunny hopping on a serious mental condition to obtain sympathy votes.

5. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Coming back this early just ensures that he will fall off the wagon again soon and next time it will be the end of him (unless Politis tickles gallops tummy again)

6. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Maybe they are force feeding him disulfiram.

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    I still don't class him as an alcoholic. A 20 something kid, yeah...but that's about it. A country kid, who got stardom too soon (like that bloke from AFL)

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Carney was injured for the past two weeks, that's why he's ready to come back now.

9. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    He's got at least another 4 years worth of last chances

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Carney's got the photo of the coach and his mum and has to be selected.

11. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,352 / 111
    We beat them with Teflon so let him play and lets hope the Cap Roarters keep Smith for a few more years.

12. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    just cant see the issue here people. He was drunk but not disorderly. This deal is between carney and the club,He only let himself and his employer down, they set there own standards and while it may well come back to bite them what they do is up to them

If the chooks want him to play why do we care, they are the people responsible for the culture at there club,

I find the whole animosity toward Carney mind boggling at times. While the double standards are evident at times and that is more about Gallop than carney anyway, other times its just not relevent

What next, Todd Carney should be rubbed out as someone saw him buy a bottle of wine for a secret santa present...............disgraceful

13. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Each of you answer this what if. You approach your current employer and ask for time off with pay to visit your mum. Instead of visiting your mum you get on the piss. That same employer finds out what you have done, do you expect to keep your job?

14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't sign a code of conduct and I'm not paid 6 figure sums to endorse products to impressional children, so I'm not employed under the same conditions as Inadvertant Todd.

I don't think Carney should be publicly flogged, my issue is more with Double Standard Gallop and the NRL preferential treatment of poor misunderstood Todd. It's pathetic.

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Couldn't care less to be honest. I worry about some people here because they can get so angry over things which don't really effect you and it could have a detrimental effect on your life expentancy!!! ;)

16. St Andrews Eagle

St Andrews Eagle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It may be a photo of Gallop and Politis together.......

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    The #1 way (just ahead of anger) to decrease your life expectancy is to worry too much.

18. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    correct both of you.. both recieved a like .. :cool:

i cant believe it if he was one of ours we would blame the media..
    thats what it is media prick`n it out on him ..

i noticed benji`s case as been kept quiet..
    fancy trying to potray a muslim dude as racist.. i dont know how benji`s sleazed out of his assault..[hr]
    no im not muslim incase you wanted to know.. i just know what happend heard it from the macca`s manager & the victim..