1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical question/Request

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Harmless27, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Harmless27

Harmless27 Active Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +280 / 14
    Every now and again on the forum, certain topics/threads are 'reincarnated' from the vault by certain individuals.

Whilst some of these can be very interesting, it can also be quite frustraing.

i am not requesting that the practice stop - however I have a question for dan:

Is it possible to display the Thread origination date on the forum without having to click into a thread? Or is it possible to highlight a thraed which may have originated more than 1 month ago (highlight in a different colour perhaps?)

It may just be me, but I often find myself reading a thread (sich as the $ouff's Premiers in February thread) and only after a few minutes do I realise that it is a thread that is 2 years old! Same goes for the jamie Lyon to replace Snoz thread....

Anyways - just a thought. I still find those threads interesting, just a bit deceltive.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I can put the date created in. I could probably do something else with an image indicator or something.

I am currently rewriting and designing the front end but will tag this on to the list of things to do

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Hmmmmm. A grey headed, Gandolf type looking image as the thread identifier.

Hmmmm, whose photo best suits ?

4. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    ha more like a clock or something, a mage like you may scare away the kids mate

5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Thought this was going to be another Technical Coach thread.

Very disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    What do the nerds call it agian ?? Thread necromancy or something like that. Maybe a little zombie icon for threads brought back from the dead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    So did I, I am bursting at the seams with new mindless boring technical dribble and thought "here is my chance to get it all out"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Gee you are very strict. That one is only a couple of days old.

10. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Before all the hacking issues caused the site to be shut down a few months ago, I used to click on "Last" and I would automatically be taken to the last post I had read on a thread, which was great. If I hadn't looked at the thread yet it would just open at the first post.

This was handy for old threads too.

Since the site came back online though, when I click "Last", it just goes straight to the bottom of the thread.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to go straight to the most recent post you have read?

11. Harmless27

Harmless27 Active Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +280 / 14
    SeaEagleRock8 - apologies. You are corernt. I mis-read the date on that thread as it was written as 08-03-2013, and I made the assumption that it was the 8th march, when in fact it was 3rd August. I stabnd corrected :)

12. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    I asked that on the other forum section. Dan said it didn't happen to him.

You know, like when big business cant be bothered with the little guys anymore, they just say 'oh it works fine for me' and that's supposed to make your problem not true or disappear!!!

(lol. Actually Dan said he'd look at it after he's done with 4 pages of his to do list)

13. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Only one page left

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Harmless mistake.

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Because I fear a revolt from GE in league with his hats revolt, I skipped to the end of my list, and then up a little as curiously the last two items on the list read "Cat food" and "yoghurt", which makes me think that someone has been tampering with my list, Leanne I am looking at you!.

Ok so here is how the last post functionality works.

In normal theme, if you click on the green arrow next to a post, you will be taken to the last first unread post in the thread. If you click on "last post" you are taken to the last post of the thread

In the mobile theme, the same as the above, just replace green arrow with tiny navy triangle.

Later when I am re-theming the site I will make the last post link go to the last unread if this is what everyone would prefer.

As for the icon for showing this is an old revived thread, I will do this during retheming which is currently underway.

Cheers
    Dan

16. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    There is a setting for the way dates are displayed in your UserCP >> options

17. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Thanks @Dan. Love ya work.

18. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Cat food and yogurt....lol!

I have it on good authority the GE and his hats are revolting.

19. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Try a bit of tomato sauce GE. Always works for me.

20. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    2 quick things:
    1) Tomato sauce is terrible, and
    2) I didn't mean to type 'the GE'.....sounds a bit big headed. Oh and tomato sauce is terrible!